Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help :( - English Marking Scheme

Options
  • 06-06-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

So I realized last night (and have been having panic sessions since) that I forgot to write down the novel and author I studied at the beginning of the novel question.

Somebody told me if you don't write that down you automatically lose all 30 marks. Is this true?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭doyle97

I'm not sure if you lose all 30 but you will be deducted a few, but honestly dont get upset over it, the point of junior cert is to prepare you for the leaving so you've already learned a key lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

doyle97 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you lose all 30 but you will be deducted a few, but honestly dont get upset over it, the point of junior cert is to prepare you for the leaving so you've already learned a key lesson!

Yeah I guess....I was really happy with my answer and everything :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

You might still get marks, I say might because I'm not a teacher. The examiner will try and give you marks everywhere, they are not trying to take them away, everything you write will be looked at so I very much doubt you will get 0 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

No you won't, say out of the first part of the question worth 15 you might only get at maximum 7 or 8 if you did the one 30 marker you might get a maximum of 20-25. Once it is clear from what you wrote what text you are speaking off you won't lose too many marks.

No you won't, say out of the first part of the question worth 15 you might only get at maximum 7 or 8 if you did the one 30 marker you might get a maximum of 20-25. Once it is clear from what you wrote what text you are speaking off you won't lose too many marks.

Yeah well my novel was Roll of Thunder and I wrote about racism, violence and poverty and mentioned a lot of names so I am pretty sure they will know what I am talking about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I think it is only 1 mark because my correcting examiner in the mocks wrote that on the examiners report sent back to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

claryfray wrote: »
    Yeah well my novel was Roll of Thunder and I wrote about racism, violence and poverty and mentioned a lot of names so I am pretty sure they will know what I am talking about :)

That could easily be mixed up with To Kill A Mockingbird unfortunately :/ Did you use quotations as that may be the only proof.

LawdyLad wrote: »
    That could easily be mixed up with To Kill A Mockingbird unfortunately :/ Did you use quotations as that may be the only proof.

Yeah I did :L I used like 2/3 quotes for every point, I gave. And I gave the characters full name like Cassie Logan etc.

I think they will know the novel I am just scared I'll lose the marks anyways D:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

claryfray wrote: »
    Yeah I did :L I used like 2/3 quotes for every point, I gave. And I gave the characters full name like Cassie Logan etc.

I think they will know the novel I am just scared I'll lose the marks anyways D:

You won't lose the marks. Relax.

spurious wrote: »
    You won't lose the marks. Relax.
    Thank you! English is probably one of my best subjects I'd be really put out if I lost that many marks for such a stupid mistake :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement