Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toutless

Options
  • 06-06-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

anyone else having trouble accessing toutless.com over the last couple of days?

i've tried to access the website using my work laptop, my personal laptop and now my iphone and the website just won't load up.

i was in the middle of offloading 2 tickets too, disaster!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

anyone else having trouble accessing toutless.com over the last couple of days?

i've tried to access the website using my work laptop, my personal laptop and now my iphone and the website just won't load up.

i was in the middle of offloading 2 tickets too, disaster!!

Workin fine here, any issues your having drop a PM here to TOAST, he's the daddy over there

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

Yeah it's been a pain to use the last few days. I think their hosting company was having problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Our webhost is Digiweb who've been unfortunately extremely poor in the recent weeks. Coming from the background of hosting and networking I wanted to give them every chance to fix things in a reasonable time but they've really hurt ourselves and everyone who've used us with their unprofessionalism.

As such we've made the decision to move host and money has been paid and we are currently in the process of migrating the site. The actual migration process will be fairly seamless and is not a cause of any issues you may experience right now. The people involved in this part are top league people we are fortunate to have access to. It really is a case right now of checking everything is smooth on the new host and making the flip. It'll be today or tomorrow we do it.

Apologies to all who've counted on us that we didn't move sooner but I'm pretty confident that once we are done with the scoot everything should be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Best of luck with the move guys. I've never availed of your site but it is a great resource to help beat the scalpers. I'm always trying to send people your way when my friends start moaning about having missed the opportunity to buy tickets to whatever they want to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

Toast wrote: »
    Our webhost is Digiweb who've been unfortunately extremely poor in the recent weeks. Coming from the background of hosting and networking I wanted to give them every chance to fix things in a reasonable time but they've really hurt ourselves and everyone who've used us with their unprofessionalism.

As such we've made the decision to move host and money has been paid and we are currently in the process of migrating the site. The actual migration process will be fairly seamless and is not a cause of any issues you may experience right now. The people involved in this part are top league people we are fortunate to have access to. It really is a case right now of checking everything is smooth on the new host and making the flip. It'll be today or tomorrow we do it.

Apologies to all who've counted on us that we didn't move sooner but I'm pretty confident that once we are done with the scoot everything should be a lot better.

That's great Toast. I'm sure everyone will agree that ye do a fantastic job in providing the website in the first place so thanks a million for all the effort.

Sounds like ye will have it sorted in a couple days, good to know.

Cheers again.

• Advertisement

Seriously just waiting for Digiweb to stay up long enough for us to get the database copied over at this point.

Ok I have locked the board while we take a database dump. If things were working in anyway normally at Digiweb this would take 2 minutes... I've spent the last hour trying to do this. We have a backup from a couple of days ago but we want to try get the most recent or new users and posts would be lost. Unfortunately one of the things that broke as a result of these issues was the automated backups. Really is unbelievable how poor the service on Digiweb has got that something like this would be so difficult.

After spending three hours on this and getting nowhere and with no support available from digiweb Im going to reactivate the board. The site is still crawling slow as I couldn't get the database off the server without the digiweb front end crashing. I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow. Sorry about this dragging out.

We've moved! Hopefully everything will be working smoothly but let us know if you are having any problems from this point on. Thanks for everyone's patience during this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

Toast wrote: »
    We've moved! Hopefully everything will be working smoothly but let us know if you are having any problems from this point on. Thanks for everyone's patience during this.

Seems to be back working again.

Thanks again for all the effort, superb website!

Advertisement