Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365- what did I agree to today?

Options
  • 06-06-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I needed to log into Banking online this eve in a hurry so I just clicked accept. What was it? Anymore changes (ie fees) I dhould be concerned about).

Comments

What has changed?
    The inclusion of Clause 25 entitled 'Pay to Mobile' to cover the addition of the new Pay to Mobile service on the Bank of Ireland Mobile Banking App which allows registered customers to send and receive payments using a mobile phone number. The clause includes the following:
    • You agree that when we process your Pay to Mobile payment, we rely on the payee's mobile number only. It is your responsibility to ensure that the mobile number is correct.

• You authorise us to disclose your mobile number to any payee for the purpose of administering any Pay to Mobile payment.
      [color][size]
      [/size][/color]
    • You consent to the Bank of Ireland Mobile App accessing data in the address book of your mobile device, if you select a contact number from your address book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Ok thank you, as long as there are no more hidden fees I am happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi whatlliwear.

Thanks for getting in touch.

What geeby has posted is indeed correct. The terms and conditions where updated to take account of the new Pay to Mobile clause. 
    Additional functions have also been added to our 365 home page, for example we have added a view payees button. This new button has been added to the 365 home page and Money Transfer menu which allows customers to link directly to the Manage Payees page, the new button is called “View Payees”. The styling/format of this button and others on the home page have also been updated. 

For a full list of our terms and conditions, please see here.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Is there any chance of having an app that dont include theses updated terms. I dont plan on using my fone to pay people and giving anyone access to you contacts etc in your fone is a security risk i would pefer not to have. Its well documented. So really this should be an opt in clause if you want to make payments to other mobile fones from your fone.
    Till such time as there is i will just use the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

It’s on the website as well!!!!!

What’s going on thought this was for phone apps only? And it won’t allow me to log in without agreeing to this.

Will have to call support tomorrow.  I have no intention of agreeing to any one accessing my mobile address book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

You must be joking? Why would anyone agree to give you access to any information in their address book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi folks, 

We're just waiting to hear back form our Mobile Banking Team.
    It's probably going to be tomorrow before we can come back to you on this.

Thanks for your patience. 

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi folks, 

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you on this thread. 

We referred your queries to our Mobile Banking Team and they have come back to us and confirmed that the new Terms & Conditions, (specifically the Pay to Mobile section) only apply to you if:

have downloaded the BoI Mobile Banking app on your smartphone

and

you have registered forthe separate Pay to Mobile service.

The new Pay to Mobile T&Cs relating to the access of your addressbook only applies, if when making a Pay to Mobile payment, you use your address book to fill therecipient field on-screen.

It is also important to note that except for the purposes ofretrieving the contact details you selected, Bank of Ireland does not use, retain or store details from your address book.

The new changes are included in the overall T&Cs for all 365 online banking customers and as such, customers must agree to these in order to use the service, even if they are not applicable.

We appreciate you taking the time to pass on yourcomments and hope this addresses your concerns.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

Awful having to agree to it. I use banking online, so had no choice to click accept. Im not happy either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi So Annoyed,

Thank you for your post.

As mentioned above the terms and conditions were updated to take account of the new Pay to Mobile clause. 

As always we thank you for your feedback and have passed this on our Mobile Banking Team.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I have endured a number of terms and conditions changes, but dislike how these changes are enforced. Who can I speak to about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

HI Greenmachine,

All feedback we receive here is forwarded on to the Mobile Banking Team.

Should you wish to lodge a formal complaint please see here for our customer complaints process.

As always, we appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to post.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snowd3n

I'm seriously considering leaving BoI for another bank. How disrespectful of customers to force us to sign a contract with so many privacy problems.
    We have to sign just to use the regular online service to see our balance and transactions. Come on! It is a very big joke.

When I'm complaining on the phone they say "No worries, just sign and don't use the app or the phone". What??? My bank telling me to sign a paper blindly?:rolleyes:
    They are so professional they cannot have an opt in clause for their mobile phone payment option ?:mad:

And they left no time to read the new Terms and cond., we all have to sign like sheeps or are refused access? It's a very big mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 an_user_name

I strongly dislike the way we are asked to accept these clauses and the restriction to another different service (365) if we do not accept them!!!

These clauses should be:
    - optional
    - proposed only AFTER you downloaded the Mobile application
    - not related to restricted access to other different services.

The second clause seems to me to mean that our phone number becomes public regardless if we use or not the Mobile application. I do not agree this clause and the entire procedure.

I want to have the possibility to reject these clauses and keep the 365 access!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 an_user_name

I dislike the procedure. I decided to close my account at Bank of Ireland and move to another bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Relieved I am not the only one offended by BOI approach.

Advertisement