Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corrolla 2005 t3 D4D

• 06-06-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a Toyota corrolla it is a D4D T3.

I am selling it at mo. I just wonder is there a D4D only in the Toyota ? And then the D4D T3 .?

There are a lot of extras on mine ... I wondered if there are different specs that's all!

Wanna appear knowledgeable when callers start ringing ! Hopefully ðŸ˜႒

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It's a UK import hence the T3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

ba_barabus wrote: »
    It's a UK import hence the T3

Oh i didn't know that ! You are correct so basically a Toyota D4D in ireland is exactly the same thing in uk except its called the D4D T3 ?! In the UK?
    No difference in spec between the two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

No difference in spec between the two?

T3 is a mid range spec level in the Uk. In Ireland we go by a spec levels called Lunea Terra and Lunea Aura. I think there is a third one but its not coming to me.

In the UK they use T2,T3 and T4.

I don't think the UK and Irish spec levels are the same.

You've got a better spec than most Irish cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

T3 is a mid range spec level in the Uk. In Ireland we go by a spec levels called Lunea Terra and Lunea Aura. I think there is a third one but its not coming to me.

In corollas of that time over here terra is similar to t2, strata would be similar to t3 as u mentioned, and t4 would be similar to Luna in terms of spec, in the uk you also had "T SPIRIT" which usually had leather which would of been similar to " sol spec"

"aura" was in the avensis which was base spec,next spec strata same as aura only for 16" allloys & front fogs and rear elec windows, (luna same as strata but also had different upholstery, leather wrapped steering wheel & gearknob, cruise control, climate control, rear dimming rear view mirror and next up from that was "sol spec" which was top spec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, D-4D is just Toyota speak for common rail diesel engine, common rail referring to the type of high pressure fuel injection system being used. Most manufacturers including Toyota, switched to common rail diesel engines since around 2000/2001 bar VW who only switched over in 2008.

• Advertisement

Any idea what an 2005 corolla would sell for !? Great condition only 78k miles .. I see similar on done deal for 7.700 and more with more mileage! I put mine in for e 1000 less and very little interest ....!
    Thks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Any idea what an 2005 corolla would sell for !? Great condition only 78k miles .. I see similar on done deal for 7.700 and more with more mileage! I put mine in for e 1000 less and very little interest ....!
    Thks

You can be guaranteed the 05 at 7700 would have absolutely no interest as its a ridiculous price. If you want to sell the car price it at €5750 and be prepared to take a bit less. The 2.0l engine puts people off as the tax is 710 pa and puts people off and most people buying a corolla don't need diesel and so opt for the 1.4 petrol

CJC999 wrote: »
    You can be guaranteed the 05 at 7700 would have absolutely no interest as its a ridiculous price. If you want to sell the car price it at €5750 and be prepared to take a bit less. The 2.0l engine puts people off as the tax is 710 pa and puts people off and most people buying a corolla don't need diesel and so opt for the 1.4 petrol

Ok thanks for me when I bought it the 1.4 diesel Toyota engine was the selling point tax a bit less than you say .. I know that engine was a great success for Toyota ... With the 1.4 and the excellent performance achieved ... I take your helpful point ... Thanks a lot
    Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 1.4d replaced the 2.0d in the Corolla. These cars are usually easy enough to sell especially hatchbacks.

Just remember the time of year, lots of people are focused on summer holidays rather than buying a car so it can take time to sell a car no matter how cheap it is priced. Unless you are desperate to sell then I'd sit tight, wait and maybe drop the price a little in another week or two. If you want it gone quickly then you are going to have to price it aggressively to get someone to bite.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 1.4d replaced the 2.0d in the Corolla. These cars are usually easy enough to sell especially hatchbacks.

Just remember the time of year, lots of people are focused on summer holidays rather than buying a car so it can take time to sell a car no matter how cheap it is priced. Unless you are desperate to sell then I'd sit tight, wait and maybe drop the price a little in another week or two. If you want it gone quickly then you are going to have to price it aggressively to get someone to bite.

Your right I am honestly in two minds about selling it as circumstances have changed that will allow me to manage with one family car although it's great to have the 2nd ! It's such a reliable bus ! If I sell it and find a few months later the single car thing just is not working I would go mad after selling it ! If I have to go looking for another car ... Thks for your reply tho. It's fairly priced so I will hold on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I bought a 06 d4d Corolla four years ago with 54k kms for €7500. €7700 is a crazy price.

I bought a 06 d4d Corolla four years ago with 54k kms for €7500. €7700 is a crazy price.

Why not have a look at done deal ! 2005 diesel Toyota as your search details ... 7.700 is one of the cheaper! 8700 for another similar if I recall correctly ! I was just saying I put mine on for a grand cheaper with little interest ! It's gas .. Optimists big time it appears to me from reading here.... Those sellers !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Why not have a look at done deal ! 2005 diesel Toyota as your search details ... 7.700 is one of the cheaper! 8700 for another similar if I recall correctly ! I was just saying I put mine on for a grand cheaper with little interest ! It's gas .. Optimists big time it appears to me from reading here.... Those sellers !

I got an 06 1.4 D4d Corolla with 45000km on the clock nearly two years ago. Came with full service and a new clutch from main dealer. Cost 8500.
    Please let me know what yours goes for.
    Selling mine next summer.

tcawley29 wrote: »
    I got an 06 1.4 D4d Corolla with 45000km on the clock nearly two years ago. Came with full service and a new clutch from main dealer. Cost 8500.
    Please let me know what yours goes for.
    Selling mine next summer.

Sure will .... No bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

There's a 07 here for €10,500 :pac:

Advertisement