Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuig Commerce entry requirements.

• 06-06-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I'm currently repeating my leaving as I did get the points for commerce in nuig last year :( However I did get a c3 at honors English. This year I know i'll get the points but i think i failed english which is a requirment is there still a possibility of been admitted to the course?? if any one could let me hnow thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Okay I did a bit of research and I'm a bit confused actually.

Found this on NUI's website:

Combination of Leaving Certificate results for
    Matriculation Registration purposes

An applicant may combine the results of Leaving Certificate
    Examinations obtained in different years for Matriculation
    Registration purposes. (This concession applies to Matriculation
    Registration only; it does not necessarily apply to the admission
    requirements of the Constituent Universities, Recognised or other
    Associated Colleges).
    In particular, it should be noted that students seeking to enter
    Medicine must achieve the minimum entry (Matriculation)
    requirements and minimum course entry requirements in the
    same sitting of the Leaving Certificate.

Page 10: http://www.nui.ie/college/docs/matricRegs/matricRegs_2013_2014.pdf

You should ring up NUIG, that'd the best way to go but for the love of God, don't stress yourself over it right now! Just try to do your best in the rest of the subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Thank you so much, this has actually cheered me up so much,and again thanks i'll try :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

MissD93 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, this has actually cheered me up so much,and again thanks i'll try :)

No problem. Just focus on tomorrow's exam and maybe ring them up over the weekend or when you have time.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You can use points from one sitting and grades from another to get into all courses in NUIG, apart from Medicine. So for Commerce, you're grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MissD93 wrote: »
    I'm currently repeating my leaving as I did get the points for commerce in nuig last year :( However I did get a c3 at honors English. This year I know i'll get the points but i think i failed english which is a requirment is there still a possibility of been admitted to the course?? if any one could let me hnow thanks a million
    You can normally satisfy matriculation requirements / course minimum requirements over 2 or more sittings of the LC, but all your points must be drawn from one sitting (the exception is medicine where both must be satisfied at the one sitting).

So, in short, yes, you should be fine.

Now forget about it and go do your exams! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement