Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forster worker trying to destroy me

Options
  • 06-06-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello i want to stay annomis here,

My girlfriend who is 20 is pregnant will be 21 when giving birt.

She is currently on disability allowence at the moment and is been well looked after, Today she had a meeting and forster worker told her she is not entitled to her disability allowence because she is having a baby so they want to take that off her and also she issint allowed single mother or unmarried allowance only children allowence she isint working as legally not allowed as on disability,

So they told her she would get €30 a week thats all from children allowance and what ever i can give,

They told her a few times not to put my name on the cert so she could get some benifits, If she or they think this is going to happen they can think again i have been in court twice for reasons and won.

It just hit me that i think they might be trying to take the baby off her as if my name isint on it where do i stand no where,

I will not be accenpting this i think there are up to something I honestly will pay my way as i love her so much and she loves me (I hope lol)

Now what i am wondering are they up to something, Before they brainwasher to not put my name on it i will be up in court and i will protest as much as i need to to make sure they 1 dont get away with it and 2 have my child,

can ye help me on this sorry about the **** talk and the terrible spelling and the way i said it

thanks all help is very gratfull

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Sorry to hear that you are so stressed by all this, at a time when neither of you needs it. My advice to you is go to Citizens Information, they are wonderful people, they are knowledgeable and very caring - they will be able to advise you on your options. If anyone can help, they can. Good luck to you both and congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hi Simon.

Very sorry to hear your story about you and your girlfriend. I understand how tough it can be when you feel like social welfare/services aren't on your side.
    Unfortunately this forum won't suit you to be able to adequately give you advice on your situation in regards child benefits or disability allowance in the way that the guys over at state benefits might: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861 And when it comes to the practical side of things, parenting will be great for you there: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=251.

I wish you and your girlfriend well and hope whatever you decide to do will ensure your future child the best life possible.

I'll leave the thread open for anyone who wants to comment that may be able to help simon out if they have any direct experience with a similar situation but will close it after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

Hi Simon. They cant cut off disability allowance because she is having a baby, so that's nonsense, (they can cut her off if she is deemed fit for work). Definitely check out the state benefits section here.

I hope she is keeping well, and she is lucky to have your support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

From the Operational Guidelines http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Disability-Allowance.aspx are reasons for disqualifications, maybe she was disqualified under the highlighted one. Ask them the reason why she is being disqualified and appeal it if you feel you have a case.
    Disqualifications

Rules
    A claimant will be disqualified from receiving Disability Allowance if s/he fails, without good cause, to
    • attend for or submit to any medical examination or other examination at such time or place as may be required by an Officer of the Minister provided that the Officer gives not less than 7 days notice in writing;
    • comply with any instructions relating to his/her incapacity issued by a registered medical practioner or refrain from behaviour likely to hinder his/her recovery;
    • be available to meet with an Officer of the Minister and answer any reasonable enquiries relating to his/her Disability Allowance claim.

Advertisement