Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Pharoahs 07-06-13 ko 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nicely done Andrews. :)

Yeah Sammon has played very well since he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

keith16 wrote: »
    Thanks, Aertel.

Well that match is very important for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So its back in our hands, we beat Austria and Sweden and were runners up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

RoryMac wrote: »
    3 - 0 win in one of the sh!ttest games ever seen is my prediction

Called it!

So its back in our hands, we beat Austria and Sweden and were runners up.

We're not there yet, other game still on.

Don't think we're capable of beating both either.

Edit: Game over: Austria won 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Depressing really, Robbie gets a hat-trick against the whipping boys so he'll go back to being un-drop-able. For the games that actually matter, I bet he will be completely ineffective yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Might beat Sweden at home. Won't beat Austria away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

4 pts minimum needed against Austria and Sweden. Anything less and I think its goodnight Irene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

RoryMac wrote: »
    Called it!
    The question is,are these boys going to play the Pyramid formation?
    Im going to go with 3-0.Paddy Power will give you 5/1
    Tutankamun for a hattrick,sorry.:D

Beat ya to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

My god, the RTE panel are so deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Where's Liam Brady tonight to stonewall for Trap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Waiting for Dunphy's customary Brian Cody reference...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well that match is very important for Ireland.

I was only joking mate!

Are you the cyber effort of Liam Brady's analysis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In what way? Actually spoke a lot of sense so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This analysis is shocking. And why isn't Brady on the panel? This is biased and bitter stuff. Even Darragh knows it.

An excerpt:

Dunphy: 'Wilson had a shocker. But he was fearful tonight. He's not used to playing in this way.'

He plays for STOKE ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

"We're not Italy, we're not Germany and we don't want to be them because we are IRELAND"
    -John Giles

Loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Someone make a gif of Robbie trying to eat his shoulder!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DubCul

Depressing really, Robbie gets a hat-trick against the whipping boys so he'll go back to being un-drop-able. For the games that actually matter, I bet he will be completely ineffective yet again.
    Pray tell me who is then going to score for Ireland?

Also could you please give all these examples of his ineffectiveness?

In certainly not the best teams, still he is 5th top international goalscorer in Europe.

aramush wrote: »
    Loved it. Also, if Houlahan doesn't start against Sweden then it must be part of some sick joke Trap is playing on us. Best player on the park tonight, with ease.

Who are you wanting to see dropped to fit in Hoolahan? The captain who scored the hat-trick tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That panel have an agenda and it's not exactly subtle. Analyse the game and stop making it a soap box to get trap out. I expected better from sadlier but I reckon he is only on the panel if he plays ball. We aren't Italy or Germany, that's not an insult!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Robbie keane: hopefully we can get results instead of goals.

Says it all really cudnt manage more than 3 against the worst team in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

This analysis is shocking. And why isn't Brady on the panel? This is biased and bitter stuff. Even Darragh knows it.

An excerpt:

Dunphy: 'Wilson had a shocker. But he was fearful tonight. He's not used to playing in this way.'

He plays for STOKE ffs.

Hopefully saw sense and dropped him because of his clear bias (or loyalty, call it what you will).

Hopefully saw sense and dropped him because of his clear bias (or loyalty, call it what you will).

Are you joking? This is the most biased panel since the Questions and Answers show a few years back which debated the Lisbon Treaty with a panel of Yes supporters. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

so is the moanfest in full swing yet lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

An excerpt:

He plays for STOKE ffs.

Lot of truth in what was said though. What would Brady have defended about tonight? Wilson was shocking though, both full backs had a strange performance.

Are you joking? This is the most biased panel since the Questions and Answers show a few years back which debated the Lisbon Treaty with a panel of Yes supporters. :pac:

In fairness Brady is biased towards trap, if you cant see that then I dunno..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't understand this forum sometimes.

Corholio wrote: »
    Lot of truth in what was said though. What would Brady have defended about tonight? Wilson was shocking though, both full backs had a strange performance.

Brady might have pointed out that the team could have hit double what they did if the players had finished better. That is hardly a fault of Trap.

He may also have pointed out one of the golden opportunities created was a move straight from the training ground for which the coaching staff merits some credit.

Watching Trap''s interview.

WTF has happened to the lovely Manuela's voice, very deep and masculine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Chin up dude. I know it's been a bad couple of weeks for the Trapp and Keano haters but September will roll along soon enough and you might get your way then. Hope not!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Trap should tell that interviewer to **** off to some of the questions he's asking him.

All i heard trap say something about the sun in there eyes?

Will someone please burn Glenn Whelans passport for the Sweden game and Simon Cox, you're next.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Trap should tell that interviewer to **** off to some of the questions he's asking him.

The lack of respect is frankly shocking. O' Donoghue is a total douchebag and - like most of the Irish football media now - is too heavily invested in the Trapp Out rubbish to turn back now.

Dunphy is just a troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

aramush wrote: »
    Will someone please burn Glenn Whelans passport for the Sweden game and Simon Cox, you're next.

Who would you play alongside McCarthy?

I think Richie Sadlier want's Eamon's number on the panel, they were both Millwall players.

Makes me sad to see a good man and manager and winner getting targeted for abuse by this RTE-sponsored hatchet job.

These bitter people do not represent me. Why can't we have a bit of balance on this panel, RTE?

• Advertisement

Maybe Dunphy is grooming him:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Dunphy is just a troll

Tbf at least he's entertaining unlike our play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The lack of respect is frankly shocking. O' Donoghue is a total douchebag and - like most of the Irish football media now - is too heavily invested in the Trapp Out rubbish to turn back now.

Why does Trap deserve any "respect" with his record and attitude?

Yes ok, great result for Robbie Keane tonight but let's not lose sight of the fact that it took us till the 2nd half to put any sort of authority on a game against the worst (part-time) side in Europe. The first half was dire!

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Who would you play alongside McCarthy?

Hoolahan pushed on a bit, Sweden will be there for the taking.

Makes me sad to see a good man and manager and winner getting targeted for abuse by this RTE-sponsored hatchet job.

These bitter people do not represent me. Why can't we have a bit of balance on this panel, RTE?

Long balls against the worst team in Europe is not good enuff. Cox on the wing when he is a striker and we have a premiership winger on the bench. And should of been more determined to score more than 3 goals against a bad team, it could all come down to goal difference and we are way behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Lennonist wrote: »
    I think Richie Sadlier want's Eamon's number on the panel, they were both Millwall players.

Well he talks the same amount of ****e

• Advertisement

He's on more than 1 million a year. If he's not doing his job right - which he isn't - he is due criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Like these typical ****e questions like 'why take McLean off and not Cox?' None of his business. Agree pure angst towards removing Trap and very unprofessional. Whether he should stay on as manager, that's for the FAI clowns to decide.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Why does Trap deserve any "respect" with his record and attitude?

Yes ok, great result for Robbie Keane tonight but let's not lose sight of the fact that it took us till the 2nd half to put any sort of authority on a game against the worst (part-time) side in Europe. The first half was dire!

His record is precisely why he deserves respect. A leviathan of the game who delivered us major championship qualification for the first time in a decade aswell as being minutes away from a second. The treatment by the Irish media is disgraceful.

**** them tbh, it's actually amusing. When they put the squeeze on with McCarthy he resigned pronto. Kerr was sacked soon after they got the knives out and they were able to ridicule Staunton.

For the first time in decades they aren't getting their way. They are confronted with a man who doesn't give a **** what they think and is in the job to the end of his contract and they are turning ever more bitter and childish as a result. Zero credibility.

T-K-O wrote: »
    Well he talks the same amount of ****e

He talks a lot of sense I reckon.

Two failed footballers and a relic think they know best, surprise surprise!

John Giles was manager for long enough, how many championships did he qualify us for before he was sacked?

• Advertisement
Advertisement