Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bankrupt in Northern Ireland and working in the Republic

• 06-06-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi i am wondering if any one out there moved up north to go bankrupt but was able to keep there job down south. is this possible as a PAYE worker. also my job is by no means well paid would this be likely attract an IPA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

rofirl wrote: »
    Hi i am wondering if any one out there moved up north to go bankrupt but was able to keep there job down south. is this possible as a PAYE worker. also my job is by no means well paid would this be likely attract an IPA.

Im no expert, but it Sounds like you don't have a chance in hell.

If you were wealthy and ran business's based in the north while you lived and worked in the south, you MAY be able to argue you should be made bankrupt in the north, but even these people are finding it increasingly difficult to argue this point.

As you are an employee, registered as paying tax here (paye) presumably with a republic based life, bank account, address, club memberships. You don't have a chance.

Is being made bankrupt REALLY the best option for the circumstances? Maybe you should look in to the repercussions more carefully, even UK law on bankruptcy is crippling. Hard or next to impossible to borrow money, open bank account, get any kind of credit, even for small things. All it does is PROVE you are a bad borrower.

Advertisement