Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids jumping in Liffey from roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to jump into that dirty river? I eat lunch around there from time to time, because I go to NCI college which is just opposite that area. That river is dirty, especially when the tied is out. Either way I wouldn't want to be sitting next to those guys on the bus home or something.

They were probably just getting there yearly bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Umm... very comparable to snails when you think of it.

They spend some time trying to climb up to a good height and then they jump/fall off onto the grass, just like those folks that are jumping/falling off the top of the building into the water. Maybe snails do this for the adrenalin buzz as well ? is this a mollusk and human thing ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ah here, there's no comparison between jumping into a river and playing ****ing chicken on a motorway, in fairness

Never said there was, but my 1st incident was directly linked, my other point about the motorway was that teens do thinks without thinking,no matter what it is, the point being, think before you act, no matter what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

More of this. Fair play to them. Just the sort of moxie we need for Celtic Tiger 2.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

All well and good till they get seriously hurt and the fire brigade have to pull them out . I bet theres at least 1 idiot who has to be pulled out a week and them lads have to put their lifes on the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tvnutz wrote: »
    Never said there was, but my 1st incident was directly linked, my other point about the motorway was that teens do thinks without thinking,no matter what it is, the point being, think before you act, no matter what it is.
    How do they do thinks without thinking?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to jump into that dirty river? I eat lunch around there from time to time, because I go to NCI college which is just opposite that area. That river is dirty, especially when the tied is out. Either way I wouldn't want to be sitting next to those guys on the bus home or something.

they are more likely to come down with Typhoid fever than to injure themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Fair play to them. Of all the bad stuff kids could be getting up to, nothing wrong with enjoying an adrenaline rush in the full flush of youth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

meh, come back to me when they're jumping off something impressive, like the M50 bridge...

We used to do that when the bridge was built over the grand canal at parkwest/ clondalkin :o