Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy friendly walks in Ireland?

Options
  • 06-06-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Would love a day on the beach, but with 5 month old baby, we can forget about lying on the beach relaxing for a few hours, so I am looking for suggestions of nice buggy-friendly walks, preferably on the coast of the south of Ireland??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

gravid wrote: »
    Would love a day on the beach, but with 5 month old baby, we can forget about lying on the beach relaxing for a few hours, so I am looking for suggestions of nice buggy-friendly walks, preferably on the coast of the south of Ireland??

If you want the beach and walk together, a good sling might be worth a try? I missed the beach for walks until I figured I didn't need the buggy!
    Babywearingireland have good info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

thanks for tip liliq. i hAve a sling (ergo) and i use it a good bit, the only thing is that on a very warm day like today, we both get a bit warm and sweaty using it and she sleeps better in pram.
    maybe there are less sweaty slings tho? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

gravid wrote: »
    thanks for tip liliq. i hAve a sling (ergo) and i use it a good bit, the only thing is that on a very warm day like today, we both get a bit warm and sweaty using it and she sleeps better in pram.
    maybe there are less sweaty slings tho? :-)

That's true, I melt in my slings on days like today, and that's with ones similar to the ergo which I find coolest :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we used to go for walks on the beach all the time with the buggy,once you have decent wheels it is no issue,stopping for an hour shouldn't be an issue easier once baby is shaded.
    Really anywhere hat you can walk normally you can do with a buggy.
    ,Dun Laoghaire,Howth,Greystones, are all really gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gravid

thanks moonbeam. unfortunately, our pram is not the best for anything other than flat surfaces (baby elegance ego)... in hindsight i would have bought a different one, but it was on sale and cant afford to get a better one at this stage. the places you mention are all lovely, just a bit far... was looking more for Munster coast line :-)

i will probably just bring the sling and go for a nice sweaty walk on clonea strand in waterford ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Fota:) when my 1st was small and I was pregnant with my 2nd we used to go for walks around the Zoo nearly daily because there were seats,toilets and picnic areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'd second fota. If you think you'd be walking a bit then look into year family pass. It's very good value .
    Any park is good for walking (and free)
    Doneraile park near mallow
    Hard to beat Killarney national park,
    Depending on where you are you could just walk near the beach and get best of both worlds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The marina and atlantic pond by pairc ui caoimh are flat. The walk along the old railway from blackrock to rochestown and passage west.

Fota as above, great. The gardens are as nice as the animals (and free).

Fitzgeralds park, or any of the parks really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

The railway walk from Carrigaline to Crosshaven is beautiful on a sunny day and the path is wide enough for a walking and cycling lane. You can park in either of two car parks to make the walk as long/short as you wish. It's five miles one way.

Map

Photo

In the same area, the walk along Monkstown wall is lovely.

Photo

Advertisement