Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is he entitled to half?

• 06-06-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My friend is still living in the family home but her husband left 3 years ago and pays the mortgage. My friend has 7 kids, and once the youngest turned 18 last month he has been hounding her to sell the house.He even brought in auctioneers against her will and put the house on the market. They have been offered a good price but her husband says he is entitled to half of the profits. I would reckon he shouldn't get half.
    She has 40k from her deceased parents estate,and he said he is entitled to half this too,but wont take it if she sells and splits the profits down the middle.
    I told her as he is working and has a pensionable salary,she would be entitled to half his pension and she could use this as a bargaining tool. She doesn't know what to do,she needs to live near family but wont be left with enough to buy somewhere after the sale. She is in her mid 50's, she hasn't worked as she stayed home to raise the family.
    What would you think her entitlements are and would the husband get half the house? and also, can you advise regarding his pension.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry OP - but your queries are too specific and require legal advice which this forum is not permitted to provide.

The best and only advice we can offer you is to encourage your friend to make an appointment with a solicitor and get this sorted out.
    However, the legal route can be costly but if they cannot agree between themselves or with mediation there is little option.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement