Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 16), June 8-10, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big game at Belfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looking forward to paying student prices for Summer at cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think we can write this game off completely. Looking forward to the trip but not the game itself.

Sligo 4-1 Bohs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I expect a 1-1 at Turners Cross Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm home for the weekend, I'm looking forward to a balmy Saturday evening in Inchicore :D

It's one of the main things I miss (and I'll be stocking up on superquinn sausages too!), I can't get behind the Daggers or the Hammers over here, there's just no connection for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking forward to smashing the Drogs on Monday evening. Haven'y beaten them in their place in a few years so it's about time we reclaimed our title of 'Best club in the whole of County Louth' once more. We're playing well lately bar a blip against UCD which I don't want to talk about. Will go eleven points clear of the Drogs with a win and potentially join Derry in third place. Heady times for the lovely Lilywhites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

On the paper, Derry should walk away with all three point, but...

11/1 for Shels to win and Philly Hughes anytime goalscorer :D

The first one who says, I could have thrown the money into the bin, will get a signed autograph...mine :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I have a feeling we can snatch a point off Derry, they've conceded 10 goals in the last 4 League games and they were walked on by UCD up in the Brandywell.

gimmick wrote: »

Two away goals for Rovers out of seven away games, one of them was a late consolation at the Brandywell.

0-0 if Croly wants to continue to draw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fridays are boring without football.

Hopefully we can continue our run tomorrow, wont be easy. They were hard to beat in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have a feeling we can snatch a point off Derry, they've conceded 10 goals in the last 4 League games and they were walked on by UCD up in the Brandywell.

Talking nonsense Gavin, sure 3pts for us;)

I think we will beat the Shams on Sunday.

I need to put the drink down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

gimmick wrote: »

5/1 on PaddyPower...

Worth a cheeky bet.

Betting on us to draw 1-1 has been easy money this season, cant see it changing. Im sure it'll be the usual, we dominate, you score, we panic, you panic, we score in injury time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Ebbs wrote: »
    we dominate,
    :confused:

Looking forward to the Showgrounds tonight. Looking like its going to be a lovely evening for it. Always a good game. We need to stop the rot pretty quickly. A point will do.

Interesting to see Liam Martin play tonight, I've watched him all the way up from schoolboy level, a real talent. Might keep Elding out longer than four games!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Trip up to Sligo should be fun, probably the only decent away trip I'll get in this season.

The match... well I've low expectations of a result.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Trip up to Sligo should be fun, probably the only decent away trip I'll get in this season.

The match... well I've low expectations of a result.

Likewise. Hoping a few beers on the bus will soften the blow a bit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

That_Guy wrote: »
    Likewise. Hoping a few beers on the bus will soften the blow a bit. :pac:

The last time I drank on the way to a LOI match the next thing I remembered it was Sunday afternoon and I had ticket stubs from the Dublin Horse Show in my pocket.

3-0 vs Limerick.

Dominated them with some impressive football.

Forrester and Russell out injured, Mc Faul and Gannon fitted in nicely. Think thats our biggest fear, if the bench can step in and do whats needed.

Brennan was immense tonight.

Ref was shocking Gamble kicked brennan on the ground and ref spoke to him sternly :/

Rory Patterson in full on whinge mode this evening. Definitely biggest moaner in the league. Thought he might have been in better form this evening what with all this lovely weather we're having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah Jason Byrne, gotta love the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

dreamers75 wrote: »
    3-0 vs Limerick.

Dominated them with some impressive football.

Forrester and Russell out injured, Mc Faul and Gannon fitted in nicely. Think thats our biggest fear, if the bench can step in and do whats needed.

Brennan was immense tonight.

Ref was shocking Gamble kicked brennan on the ground and ref spoke to him sternly :/

Sure you were at the game,

Ye were poor till a shocking backpass for the first goal. Ye were good in the second half to be fair at times, also gamble kicked the ball at him not the man. Still deserves more than a yellow but to be fair gaffney got a yellow for standing next to the keeper. Also should be mentioned your second goal looked, from where I was (in line with the defender unlike the linesman), that it was a yard or two offside.

Either ways I felt Limerick made it comfrotable for ye in the second half as opposed to the "Dominated them with some impressive football"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

8 goals so far at the UCD bowl, wowser.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dfx- wrote: »
    Big scoring game at Belfield...

Fixed that for ya!

Ha! Patterson booked for one moan too many. Showed the good side of his game soon after by setting up Derry's goal. Shels number 10 is pants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jason f*cking Byrne!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We definitely didn't deserve to lose tonight.

Pighead wrote: »
    Rory Patterson in full on whinge mode this evening. Definitely biggest moaner in the league. Thought he might have been in better form this evening what with all this lovely weather we're having.

Patterson will never change. But glad we have him.

Hear our goal from young Duffy was good. Another one for the future hopefully.

Iang87 wrote: »
    "Dominated them with some impressive football"

Sorry all the shots Limerick had on target had me dizzy. Dont think they had a decent effort on target.

Gaffney was looking for the ball in his own half because we simply would not let them near our goal, we dominated them in the middle of the park and when we got the ball we kept it.

Pretty sure we dominated them today. They are a hard team to play against tho.

• Advertisement

Shels deserved at least a point, but as always, football can be cruel :(

But fair play to the lads from Derry for hanging up the 'Antifaschistische Aktion' banner :cool:

Jaysus, Sligo's bad run continues, 0-0 against Bohs - one win in eight now..

Sorry all the shots Limerick had on target had me dizzy. Dont think they had a decent effort on target.

Gaffney was looking for the ball in his own half because we simply would not let them near our goal, we dominated them in the middle of the park and when we got the ball we kept it.

Pretty sure we dominated them today. They are a hard team to play against tho.

Gaffney caused hassle in the first half up to the goal. Limerick didnt create much but i'd confidently say we had more possession in the game, in the wrong areas of the field but I didnt think ye dominated. Scoreline is a little flattering if you break it down as,

bad backpass leading to an open goal,
    probably offside (not certain but I thought it was)
    goal in the 93rd minute when the game is well and truly over.

I dont feel we were dominated but when ye got your tails up after the first goal it was going to be very tough but up to that point I felt we looked the most likely, we had maybe 5 corners and ye had 3 booked for cynical fouls in the final third.

Not saying Pats didnt deserve it they did, we were poor and didnt create enough clear cut chances but I dont think it was as simple as you feel it was.

We can agree on Brennan today he had a cracking game, we had hassle against him earlier in the season too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Great point for us. Heary back in the defense helped, but Sligo were ultimately not good enough in the final third.

Bray are blessed to have Jason Byrne.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

For all sligos huffing and puffing, possession and passing, there were few chances. Bohs were very well organised, fantastic rear guard action but absolutely nothing created going forward, scully ran himself to collapse up front on his own.

All the same, entertaining 0 0 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Shels had 2 great chances in the game. Should have been 2 nil up in first half. Never know how they missed the first chance.
    Derry had some good play but didn't deserve the win on that performance. Pity about the attendance. 629 and didn't even look like that

• Advertisement

Last 14 league games W11 D3 F27 A 3 :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Limerick didnt have a shot on goal as far as I remember. Very good win. The three B's (Brennan, Bolger and Bermo) were brilliant. Bermo has some fantastic energy levels never stops running. He wants a goal this year anyway shame about some of his shot's quality. Brennan's finish was great and his passing and ability with the ball are a joy to watch. Bolger wins the ball more often then not and is a good passer of the ball aswell. Mcfaul did well when he came on, looked for the ball and wasnt afraid of the tackle.

Delighted with that result. Very well organised. Will mean very little if we can't beat Shels next week.

Almost forgot Anto Flood flagged offside running from his own half.

Almost forgot Anto Flood flagged offside running from his own half.

did you forget the handball in your box at 2 nil with ten minutes left

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    did you forget the handball in your box at 2 nil with ten minutes left

Wasnt handball, wouldnt moan about the decisions we didnt get ie how none of your players were booked Gamble on Brennan, O Leary kicking Byrne in the back? a hand ball in the 1st half.

I prefer to moan about the decisions that we were given like Anto Flood ebing called offside when he ran from his own half.

I have seen few bad games at the Cross but that one is right up there. Goals were nice but Rovers were better then us over the park. Chambers had super game.

Honestly that first half performance by City will be hard to top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

More of the same at the Cross.

1-2 doesn't tell the story of the game.

Rovers won in 2nd gear.

Rovers won in 2nd gear.

We were so bad in first half. I mean it was truly shocking.

I moved into house last week and one of the guys is Bayern Munich fan from Germany. He was meant come along. Thank God he could not go. Truly embarrassing stuff from us.

Honestly my 15 yo brother could do better.

The penalty shootout at half time was best bit.

Wasnt handball, wouldnt moan about the decisions we didnt get ie how none of your players were booked Gamble on Brennan, O Leary kicking Byrne in the back? a hand ball in the 1st half.

I prefer to moan about the decisions that we were given like Anto Flood ebing called offside when he ran from his own half.

Looked handball but I was far away from the incident,

A handball not being given a yellow in the first half, when did handball start being a yellow card. O leary kicking someone in the back, that one went well over my head now to be fair.

Anyway it appears i may aswell be talking to a wall talking to yourself so I'm going to go and do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We badly need to start taking our chances, at least 2 chances on the plate in the first half for us. If we don't beat Bohs on Friday we're fecked!

What the hell has happened Derrys away crowds? No more than 40 in Tolka (guessing the majority are Dublin based given the amount getting on Dublin Buses afterwards), they're sitting 3rd in the League and it was a Saturday!?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

City were terrible today as has been said.Though when they got the goal back,brilliant finish,they all started
    pushing forward looking for the long ball up.Twas completely pointless when Oman was towering above all
    City players.
    The amount of whinging and moaning that goes on is something else!

greenman09 wrote: »
    Shels had 2 great chances in the game. Should have been 2 nil up in first half. Never know how they missed the first chance.
    Derry had some good play but didn't deserve the win on that performance. Pity about the attendance. 629 and didn't even look like that

636, as far as I know...maybe the included the stewards and other staff in the count :rolleyes:

Rovers won in 2nd gear.

The game could've been another one of Rovers' hammerings, but they still did their best to try get a draw out of it.

It should've been 0-3 or 0-4 at least by the time Brush went a little mad. Sheppard was absolutely outstanding along with Finn given the heat.

We badly need to start taking our chances, at least 2 chances on the plate in the first half for us. If we don't beat Bohs on Friday we're fecked!

What the hell has happened Derrys away crowds? No more than 40 in Tolka (guessing the majority are Dublin based given the amount getting on Dublin Buses afterwards), they're sitting 3rd in the League and it was a Saturday!?

Well our home attendances have also been on the slide over recent seasons.

I am not an away traveller, but the days of us taking big crowds away is long gone. There's a recession on you know! Plus a lot of those who used to travel are growing up, married, families etc. Other responsibilities. And the younger breed maybe just aren't into following their team around the country, or else haven't got the funds to do it. Having said that, we took a big crowd to our last away game to Sligo - shows the potential is there if the game is big enough.

And by the way, its not as if we see many away fans in the Brandywell most weeks. Sometimes the total away support could come in one car, and not a 7 seater!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement