Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 16), June 8-10, 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

NIMAN wrote: »
    Well our home attendances have also been on the slide over recent seasons.

I am not an away traveller, but the days of us taking big crowds away is long gone. There's a recession on you know! Plus a lot of those who used to travel are growing up, married, families etc. Other responsibilities. And the younger breed maybe just aren't into following their team around the country, or else haven't got the funds to do it. Having said that, we took a big crowd to our last away game to Sligo - shows the potential is there if the game is big enough.

And by the way, its not as if we see many away fans in the Brandywell most weeks. Sometimes the total away support could come in one car, and not a 7 seater!;)

Also dont forget the big thing that was happening on Saturday night in Derry might have had families out at that whos dads might have normally travelled to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah Jason Byrne, gotta love the man!
    Jason f*cking Byrne!!!

Jason Byrne, the Robbie Keane of Irish Football.

Byrne was impressive, congrats on breaking the 200 mark.

UCD will have to do the hard way and pick up some points against upper-table opposition for the middle series of games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

How much pressure is Dunne under at Cork...pretty hostile reception at halftime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dfx- wrote: »
    How much pressure is Dunne under at Cork...pretty hostile reception at halftime

Not much because we can't afford to get rid of him.

Fans want him out though that is clear. I'm not big fan of changing managers just when things go bad, but yesterday's performance was the worst I have ever seen football team play at that level.

Kick it into corners with nobody running onto them. I would say something if Rovers played a pressing game yesterday but was not even close.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I don't think Cork are under-performing.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think Cork are under-performing.

I expected quite a bit from them this season, I think they shot themselves in the foot by not signing a proven goalscorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Not much because we can't afford to get rid of him.

Fans want him out though that is clear. I'm not big fan of changing managers just when things go bad, but yesterday's performance was the worst I have ever seen football team play at that level.

Kick it into corners with nobody running onto them. I would say something if Rovers played a pressing game yesterday but was not even close.

The Pat's game would give it a good run for the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

F.J. wrote: »
    The Pat's game would give it a good run for the money

I hear ya.

Think we are worse though yesterday. Although there are few contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anybody watching Dundalk Zv Drogheda game on Setanta? What was the story with the disallowed goal? Didn't look off side from where I'm sitting. Dundalk the better side so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pighead wrote: »
    Anybody watching Dundalk Zv Drogheda game on Setanta? What was the story with the disallowed goal? Didn't look off side from where I'm sitting. Dundalk the better side so far.

At least flood didnt score when he was offisde in his own half.

Best you avoid watching that replay, especially if you lose.

What a glorious evening in Drogheda ( not too often you hear that sentence). Well deserved victory over a surprisingly lacklustre Drogs side.

Not a great spectacle but any of the nice stuff came from us. Great to see Stephen McDonnell play like we know he can. Unreal save from Cherrie near the end as well. Less said about disallowed goal the better.

Buckley was there taking notes this evening. Looked extremely worried. Sweating profusely and shaky hands. He knows the streak is in grave danger.

A win against Pats on Friday night and we are six points behind them with a game in hand going into the summer break. Would be sweet.

Buckley was there taking notes this evening. Looked extremely worried. Sweating profusely and shaky hands. He knows the streak is in grave danger.

A win against Pats on Friday night and we are six points behind them with a game in hand going into the summer break. Would be sweet.

Draw will do, but 7 away wins out of 8 isnt bad.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Draw will do, but 7 away wins out of 8 isnt bad.
    Pats and Dundalk have identical away records. Won 7 Drew 0 Lost 1 F12 A 4. Impressive.

Pats and Dundalk have identical away records. Won 7 Drew 0 Lost 1 F12 A 4. Impressive.

Yup thats why im glad the game is in your place :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Yous are both welcome back at Tallaght:pac:

Advertisement