Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mt isa

Options
  • 07-06-2013 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Looking to meet any irish that might be up here, working in a mine out side town get back for a few days every 3 weeks just interested to see if there is any irish about that drink beer and play pool

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Any vacancies out that way or is it residents only

• Registered Users Posts: 24 step2

cikearney wrote: »
    Any vacancies out that way or is it residents only

Not too sure what your after i know the pubs hotels and hotels are all ways looking for staff, bit of a slow down in the mining stuff here at the moment but plenty of work going on on a power station job thats going on in town

Out bush at the moment on a construction site, just waiting on my trade recognition, plumber, could be another while I missed a deadline of 28th of may with the plumbing council and the next meeting isn't for 6 weeks from that date, and then my ultimate goal would be to either get onto a big construction project (thiess, inpex etc) or a mine site. A lot of them are stating that you need full working rights to work on the site, even if you work for a company that has a contract on the site, they will ask you to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

step2 wrote: »
    Looking to meet any irish that might be up here, working in a mine out side town get back for a few days every 3 weeks just interested to see if there is any irish about that drink beer and play pool

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itoa

step2 wrote: »

There are few Irish boys just started work in Mt Isa last week on a pipeline through the town.
    You get back to Mt Isa for few days every 3 weeks!!!!
    I'd be flying straight to bris/Syd! Usually people get out of Mt Isa on their rotation off not into it!

• Advertisement

Itoa wrote: »
    There are few Irish boys just started work in Mt Isa last week on a pipeline through the town.
    You get back to Mt Isa for few days every 3 weeks!!!!
    I'd be flying straight to bris/Syd! Usually people get out of Mt Isa on their rotation off not into it!

You hardly know who they work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itoa

cikearney wrote: »
    You hardly know who they work for?

Just sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Hey lads, im also waiting on my trade to be recognized, im an electrician.
    Im in melbourne at the moment but have just been let go due to them downsizing the company. Im very interested in going out into the bush anywhere in oz that has decent work in construction/mines that would most likely have work.
    Any advice/suggestions? would be greatly appreciated thanks

Advertisement