Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricted Breed Friendly Campsites

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Queenie_Jet

Hi all,

I know I'm a bit late to this thread but it seems to be the most appropriate to my needs :-)

We are travelling overseas with our motor home & 2 dogs ( lab & gsd) for the 1st time - heading out from rosslare tomorrow night. As we have a long journey (from Galway) we want to take some time out for a run around before the ferry. Can anyone recommend a wild camping spot where we could park for an hour or so and have a bite & let them off relatively safely? Thinking anywhere abt an hour or less from rosslare from the Dublin side

Thanks for the great info here btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

If it just an hour or so, rather than staying overnight, (although I have seen motor homes parked up in there that seem to have been there overnight) you can walk them at Rosslare, as you approach the ferry terminal there's a roundabout, go around it and pull into the little car park there, and you can walk along the dunes, there are flat paths, and down on the beach. Its where I always walk my lot and lots of other people do as well. I like it as I know I'm there, and can give them longer than if we stopped earlier in the journey, and then have to judge how much longer we have to drive to get there in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Queenie_Jet

Thanks muddypaws, will look out for that place. Hope the beach not too near as lab will dive straight in & younger dog will follow and we will have the lovely aroma de wet dog overnight :-) as long as they get a good stretch before the crossing and sleep on the boat journey hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Thanks muddypaws, will look out for that place. Hope the beach not too near as lab will dive straight in & younger dog will follow and we will have the lovely aroma de wet dog overnight :-) as long as they get a good stretch before the crossing and sleep on the boat journey hopefully

Ah, that could be an issue. lol Hopefully someone else will know somewhere without water. :)

Advertisement