Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2013 Biology HL Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Same. I wonder if secondary sexual characteristics is needed for full marks?!

Well like secondary characteristics of what? I'd say it would be needed but if its particularly badly answered you'd probably only lose 1/2 marks if 5 were going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Explain why hormonal responses are slower than nervous responses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I said because they were carried by blood, where as nervous responses are sent along quick electrical impulses throughout the CNS?

Must be carried by the blood to the area where they will have an effect. The electric impulses generated by the nervous systems initiate an immediate reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

Hormonal are chemical, nervous are electrical which is faster

• Advertisement

Gaahh I need to get off this thread and stop procrastinating for French!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    nope in revise wise it is just secondary trait or characteristic :)

Revise wise isnt the SEC marking scheme though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

woopah92 wrote: »
    Revise wise isnt the SEC marking scheme though ;)

yea true.. but the info is very accurate and corresponds to the marking scheme , the question about traits will not be worth many marks but i am sure secondary traits will be full marks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I said secondary sex characteristics.. Does that count? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I would have thought the question implied sexual, I mean, what else would you be referring to? Secondary characteristics of the Mezzogiorno? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I've decided. I'm unhappy with my paper and wish I could do it over. :(

I really needed an A, for me. I'll be expecting the B on results day but I'll still be absolutely gutted when I see it.

(If its a C I'm repeating, no ifs or buts about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

:eek: I thought i did a really good paper before i seen this thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peaceoutdude

I was just wondering ya know when they ask you for a reason if you give 2 do you loose marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Name a plant growth regulator that promotes growth and give a precise location for a site of its action. - I said iaa and root tip

Through which part of a stem are growth promoters transported - I said meristem

MissD93 wrote: »
    :eek: I thought i did a really good paper before i seen this thread :(

Yep, Boards will that to you :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eva213

Will there be the answers available online anywhere soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aguywholikes

INEEDSTOKNOW! What were we supposed to do for the heat denaturization graph??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

Name a plant growth regulator that promotes growth and give a precise location for a site of its action. - I said iaa and root tip

I said Auxin and the root and shoot cells.
    Transported in the phloem

I liked the paper. I'm still hoping I got an A1 considering I answered every question comfortably.

Eva213 wrote: »
    Will there be the answers available online anywhere soon?

The official marking schemes come out in August me thinks

• Advertisement

I said Vasculer tissue (Xylem)..pretty sure that's right

INEEDSTOKNOW! What were we supposed to do for the heat denaturization graph??

I did a graph from my book, continuous line going upwards, stops at 25 degrees and then starts to decline (nit sure if 25 degrees is optimum temperature for plants though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

man i cant believe i missed that stuff about puberty i wrote: a person is said to have entered teenage year when this happen. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

It was just a very unusual paper overall.

I'm not saying that I knew any of the systems/unit 3 very well but I would have liked to see more questions on them because they usually aren't too bad. Despite my dislike of photosynthesis, I was actually very pleased with that question, it was fairly straight forward, no waffle like there was in some of the other questions. The reproduction question wasn't too bad either considering it was one of the chapters I wasn't too sure of. We will never have to describe the process of birth again, thank god!

I liked the paper. I'm still hoping I got an A1 considering I answered every question comfortably.

*sigh* :(

Crap. I hope saying xylem after vasculer tissue dosn't cancel out the right answer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I said it was transported in the xylem.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I did a graph from my book, continuous line going upwards, stops at 25 degrees and then starts to decline (nit sure if 25 degrees is optimum temperature for plants though)
    Isn't that the effect of temperature graph? I SUSPECT they might have ****ed that one up.

Isn't that the effect of temperature graph? I SUSPECT they might have ****ed that one up.

More likely I fecked it up :(

• Advertisement

Phloem

Advertisement