Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2013 Biology HL Before/After **

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

SecondMan wrote: »
    I said a fox ate a rabbit and all my year laughed. SHAME ON THEM, BLOODY SCROTES

that's the predator prey thing we learn . Theyre a bunch of idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

SecondMan wrote: »
    I said a fox ate a rabbit and all my year laughed. SHAME ON THEM, BLOODY SCROTES

guys just saw a fox running around my garden , its so weird seeing them at like half 5 , i thought they only came out at night :P

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    guys just saw a fox running around my garden , its so weird seeing them at like half 5 , i thought they only came out at night :P

The joys of leaving cert. the highlight of your day ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

amicus wrote: »
    The joys of leaving cert. the highlight of your day ye?

hahaha nah i didn't want it to come in my back door :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

I am sick of people thinking that Biology is just an A1 in the bag. Sorry to say you can come out of any exam saying "That was Ok" remember this is state examination correction not your teachers or mocks. If an A is too achievable in every subject all points would be 500-600 points. Not everyone will get in. teachers corrections can be biased and unfair. Every subject in Lc requires just as much effort as any other.

• Advertisement

olazbabes wrote: »
    I am sick of people thinking that Biology is just an A1 in the bag. Sorry to say you can come out of any exam saying "That was Ok" remember this is state examination correction not your teachers or mocks. If an A is too achievable in every subject all points would be 500-600 points. Not everyone will get in. teachers corrections can be biased and unfair. Every subject in Lc requires just as much effort as any other.

Who said we're getting a1s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

olazbabes wrote: »

Chill, you might get an A1 and then I doubt you'd be complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

For the predator question and their adaptations in q.15 I talked about a tiger and an anglerfish. I think that pretty much sums up just how much I was winging it :pac:

I wrote fox for q.7 and 15. I cant lose marks though ha. in question 7 it asked for an animal.My animal was a predator haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 shanelad95

Chill, you might get an A1 and then I doubt you'd be complaining!
    i said something like a lion and a hawk hahaha

• Advertisement

how do you create a forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

conan955 wrote: »
    how do you create a forum?
    You can't, only the Admins can.

If you mean a new thread, the button is on the top left of the front page of each forum.

First see will it fit better in an existing thread though. ;)

i said viruses were beneficial for "future medical research".. would i get the marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

i said viruses were beneficial for "future medical research".. would i get the marks?

I'm not sure?? I said vectors, the transferring of genes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Don't think so. Although it's correct, for questions like these for viruses, bacteria and fungi it clearly labeled one year in the marking scheme: " Do not allow 'Medical', 'Industry' or 'Agriculture'" or something along those lines. However I could be wrong.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I'm not sure?? I said vectors, the transferring of genes?
    I said bacteriophages can be used to control bacterial infection

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

amicus wrote: »
    I said bacteriophages can be used to control bacterial infection

I gave the same answer. I said lambda bacteriophage to control E-coli infections.

They might have to google that answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

yoppo wrote: »
    I gave the same answer. I said lambda bacteriophage to control E-coli infections.

Just googled both our answers, bacteriophages and vectors seem to be right. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

yoppo wrote: »

I said some harmless viruses to humans can be used to destroy other bacteria that are harmful to humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Viruses can be used in genetic engineering and for making vaccines. I can't even remember doing that question now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

I said some harmless viruses to humans can be used to destroy other bacteria that are harmful to humans.

Confusing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Viruses can be used in genetic engineering and for making vaccines. I can't even remember doing that question now.

Neither can I :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lenny1995

Naw I'm repeating this year, got an A1 in biology last year. I studied just as much for it this year and it certainly was much more difficult

still think I got the A1 tho

just a question why did you repeat biology if you got an A1 or was it compulsory

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monty4life

lenny1995 wrote: »
    just a question why did you repeat biology if you got an A1 or was it compulsory

Eh retard why woudnt he/she repeat biology.if they got an A1 in it??? Just a question

Monty4life wrote: »
    Eh retard why woudnt he/she repeat biology.if they got an A1 in it??? Just a question
    This is Boards, not 4chan.

First and founding rule of this site: Be Civil!

Please familiarise yourself with the FAQs and with each forum's charter, you'll get on much better.

And the rest of you (deleted posters) should know better than to rise to the bait! :p

There could be all sorts of reasons, including the obvious "seeking to maximise points in one sitting", but additionally in this case I'm fairly sure that weirdspider is interested in medicine, and they have that extra horrible rule that applicants have to meet all minimum requirements (including the sciences requirement) in the same sitting as they use for points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Yup Randy is right! I got all As and Bs last year but didn't get enough points unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

How did we all get on in this anyway, seeing as a lot of us weren't the happiest with the paper. :p I got the A1 myself after it all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Thought it was a nasty paper but still came out with the A1. I know someone who got nothing but A1s in biology until this though (A2), needless to say she's gutted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I got an A2 which was what I was expecting. I really wanted the A1 but messed up a bit on the day (experiment and short questions). Looking forward to viewing my paper, I'll appeal if I'm close to the 90.

Advertisement