Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2013 Biology HL Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

We'll all be celebrating 625 points in August! I'm dreading the wait to be honest :(

Yea..:)
    i am repeating this year so i have already experienced that dread but its just as bad this time around :P its alright though a fun summer will relieve the dread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

We'll all be celebrating 625 points in August! I'm dreading the wait to be honest :(

TBH I think they should just give us the 625 now and get it over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Am I the only one who plans NOT to open my LC results infront of my friends/family? I'll have a calculator and a packet of tissues ready for my tears.......of joy when I get my points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

woopah92 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who plans NOT to open my LC results infront of my friends/family? I'll have a calculator and a packet of tissues ready for my tears.......of joy when I get my points ;)

I'd rather open mine by myself, check the points and then go into the company of friends and family :P I will also have tears, but they certainly won't be tears of joy! How I wish I put in the work sooner, oh well what can you do. Anyways, its nearly half 1, we all deserve a nice lie on in the morning ;) Night guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

woopah92 wrote: »

No.. i will be opening mine alone definitely !:P

• Advertisement

I don't know whether to open mine in school or not. I mean, they see them before you do anyway... Still, might be nice to open it with all my friends around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Its crazy how so many people in this thread are aiming for an A , i mean they don't give out that many A's....

I was going to say how the demographic of the LC forum tends to be (but is not limited to) those very academic focused students but that's already been said.

Anyway, I'll be opening mine in school with everyone. I should be comfortable regarding points unless there is an unmitigated disaster between now and then so it'll just be a case of which subjects I managed to get the grades for. The grades mean as much to the teachers as to us, and reflect on them as wekk. After all their help over the last 6 years, it only seems fair to share them with the teachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Do the teachers see them before we do? I can't wait to open them at school :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

What are the results for the IAA experiment? If they ask for them, do they expect you to give the results for each individual concentration? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Okay lads, stop referencing mocks as if ye're fantastic and a shoe in for the big bad A1. They're almost irrelevant at times, especially biology.
    Repeating, got a distinctive D2 in last years mocks, A2 in the real thing last year.
    C2 in mocks this year... Surely a given for A1 now, eh?

Exams, I'm convinced, boil to how you feel on a given day.
    Well, I think it could certainly deviate between a low C and high B, for most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Do ye notice how one year the biology exam could be piss easy, and then the next it's extremely tough?
    I'm hoping we get a nice one..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

ray2012 wrote: »
    Do ye notice how one year the biology exam could be piss easy, and then the next it's extremely tough?
    I'm hoping we get a nice one..!

I said that too. The thing i though, if you know your stuff, everything is easy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TMG94

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I agree with you but i think thats sad because there are probably average students who are afraid to comment here for that reason if they feel inadequate so the threads aren't really showing varied opinions just top A1 students.. oh well :)

Describes me in the HL Maths Paper 1 thread perfectly :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I said that too. The thing i though, if you know your stuff, everything is easy! :P

Parts of the course that I hate is the nephron part. I don't understand anything in that chapter.. Find it incredibly difficult to understand.. May go over it today for one last chance :o

ray2012 wrote: »
    Parts of the course that I hate is the nephron part. I don't understand anything in that chapter.. Find it incredibly difficult to understand.. May go over it today for one last chance :o

Okay, I don't want to say it's easy, but lets just say it's not too bad. I used to find it difficult too but when you just go through it simply, it's alright! :D Don't give in on it anyway!
    oHHHH it's 29 degrees here and i'm studying. fml.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 ulty77

I got 40% in the mocks and I'm starting to panic about this exam! I really haven't studied enough over the past few weeks, any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HungryEmperor

Two questions :
    If I attempt everything on the paper will they pick my best ones or will they only correct in order of completion?
    Also bit random but how are muscle tissue adapted for movement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Two questions :
    If I attempt everything on the paper will they pick my best ones or will they only correct in order of completion?
    Also bit random but how are muscle tissue adapted for movement?

No they always give you the best ones regardless of the order you do them in. And for muscles adaptions for movement they are able to relax and contract while working in antagonistic pairs. :)

And does anyone have an idea what is best to revise from the ecology section of the course? Our teacher was more interested in rambling about useless garbage than finishing the course so need to do ecology myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Are we required to draw the eye in a question?

Please say no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

David086 wrote: »

Please say no...

Now that would be cruel.....

If they did I hope they wouldn't want too much detail needed!

• Advertisement

Please say no...

Yeah you are required to draw all of the sense organs and basically all diagrams even stuff like Nephrons and that! :D
    It's a good thing though as there would be loads of marks for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

yournerd wrote: »
    How do people study it?

Do past papers, always the best way of study, specially right before the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TMG94

Please say no...

The eye? Thats my shiz right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

is EVERYONE doing the ecology q?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure that's the case :D
    It is the easiest section I think personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lonepiper

quick question that's been bugging me for awhile....
    why can a pyramid of numbers be misleading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Definitely it's extremely repetitive. :) I absolutely hate DNA/Genetics so I'm not putting as much effort into studying those chapters.

Lonepiper wrote: »
    quick question that's been bugging me for awhile....
    why can a pyramid of numbers be misleading?

Does not represent the size of an organism, only the amount of them.
    It is not drawn to scale.
    That should suffice!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

bad idea not to study eye/ear/skeleton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

LCchancer wrote: »
    bad idea not to study eye/ear/skeleton?

personally id say its not a bad idea, there are way more things that are more likely to be up

Advertisement