Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please.

Options
  • 07-06-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I bought a tank from an Irish vendor on Thursday of last week.
    It didn't arrive on Friday so I expected it would turn up on Tuesday after the bank holiday - it didn't.

Emailed the vendor and was told the bank holiday may have slowed it's delivery and that in rare instances, items could take up to 11 days to arrive. When it didn't arrive on Wednesday I emailed again, I was basically told to wait the 11 days for this thing to turn up - I have the distinct feeling it's never going to turn up.

There's a couple of reasons I buy from Irish vendors - I like supporting local business and ultimately the economy, I'm also an impatient bugger who wants his stuff the next day. Being told to wait 11 days is a bit much in my opinion.

I'm not naming the vendor but over the past year an a half I've probably
    spent a few hundred Euro's with them - I'm now being fobbed off on €15 worth of purchases - am I unreasonable looking for a replacement or do I have the right to be a little ratty about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The Post system can be a pain in the ass sometimes
    11 days within Ireland does seem a long time but it does happens, especially after a bank holiday.
    Also during the summer it does take longer as postal workers on holiday do not get replaced
    the actual postie often double up on routes, but the sorting office is usually slowed down with fewer staff
    hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I find most Irish vendors to be speedy on delivery. I mostly shop at thebestshop.eu, who are based in Galway, I believe? And I get stuff next day or at least within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

11 days sounds very specific though, doesn't it? Sounds like they're ordering it in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

With Anpost they say if it hasnt turned up with 7 Working days it is classified as Lost post.
    You can log a complaint with Consumer affairs as they regulate AnPost
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/Contact+Us/Complaint+Resolution/

A lot of stuff seems to go missing with them
    Dont think it is us by the way. just trying to be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I ordered from esmokireland last Thursday (not sure who you ordered off), I left it late and they didn't ship it till Friday....

Fully expected it to land on Tuesday morning, then Wednesday it still hadn't come and I was starting to worry...

It did arrive yesterday though, so the Bank holiday defo messes up the postal system.

Everything I've got from them before has been shipped same day (I've ordered in the morning), and arrived the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

No it's not Vaperus!

I think I'm more annoyed by the fact I've spent €350 over the past year with this vendor and they're prepared to piss me off over €15 worth of goods - the Irish suppliers tend to be clever about holding on to their clientele and getting repeat business - not this particular vendor it seems.

I can honestly say that anything I order from Ireland arrives the next day 99% in most instances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

really dont think you can expect a vendor to just throw you a free item because a third party ****ed up. if you've spent that money with them over the years you clearly think they're a good vendor with worthwile goods at decent prices, not sure you can ask for more than that.
    just one of those things *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I had a package from someone on here recently that took 10 days to get from Drogheda to Dublin. Even worse it had an Evic and an ego twist battery in it, about a hundred quid's worth!

Hang in there, it might turn up yet.

I agree with Digby btw, all they can do is stick it in the post, I'm sure if they said they posted then they've posted it. If it's something you don't want to risk getting lost pay a little extra for registered post or a courier next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

really dont think you can expect a vendor to just throw you a free item because a third party ****ed up. if you've spent that money with them over the years you clearly think they're a good vendor with worthwile goods at decent prices, not sure you can ask for more than that.
    just one of those things *shrug*

A replacement wouldn't be "free" though - it would be the item I paid for in the first place - and didn't receive.
    I've always found An Post to be pretty bloody decent as far as postal services are concerned, I think I'll wait until it's classed as officially lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

mrplop wrote: »
    I bought a tank from an Irish vendor on Thursday of last week.
    It didn't arrive on Friday so I expected it would turn up on Tuesday after the bank holiday - it didn't.

Emailed the vendor and was told the bank holiday may have slowed it's delivery and that in rare instances, items could take up to 11 days to arrive. When it didn't arrive on Wednesday I emailed again, I was basically told to wait the 11 days for this thing to turn up - I have the distinct feeling it's never going to turn up.

There's a couple of reasons I buy from Irish vendors - I like supporting local business and ultimately the economy, I'm also an impatient bugger who wants his stuff the next day. Being told to wait 11 days is a bit much in my opinion.

I'm not naming the vendor but over the past year an a half I've probably
    spent a few hundred Euro's with them - I'm now being fobbed off on €15 worth of purchases - am I unreasonable looking for a replacement or do I have the right to be a little ratty about this?

grindle sent me something before and it took over two weeks to appear. Just chill and let the terrible post system work it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

True that, was that around a bank holiday too?

My mail always takes ages to reach people.

I think our post-gender-inspecific-persons have days where they look inside the postbox and say "Not full, couldn't be arsed."

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »
    True that, was that around a bank holiday too?

My mail always takes ages to reach people.

I think our post-gender-inspecific-persons have days where they look inside the postbox and say "Not full, couldn't be arsed."

I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and say that I think our stuff is a bit dodgy looking and they are sending it to customs to be x-rayed. No other post I send gets as delayed as the vape stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

There's been the odd occassion where I've expected something not to turn up because it was late Mr Plop, then a few days later it turned up.

Have to agree with the few people on here who say just be patient and wait. If it's definitely definitely not arriving after several more days then you've got a reason to get crabby. Right now it could be in the post and it could be on it's way to you.

They could send you out one and in a few days you end up with two at their cost. Lots of vendors do have registered post and courier postal options at greater expense to you for this purpose. Most of us just want the cheapest postal option as 90 something percent of the time it arrives in a day or two.

I think they probably say 11 days because in their experience they know after 11 days it's probably definitely not going to turn up.

I don't really think the Irish vendor has done anything wrong in this case. Give it a few more days maybe it will turn up. If it doesn't after that then sure demand they send out a replacement. If they say no remind them how much you spent with them in the past and how many friends you have in a vaping community who will potentially hear about this and be put off.

Right now I think you're grand though, a few more days and you'll either get a new one or you'll get a replacement sent out soon enough. What other options do you have? Pay for registered post or courier post everytime? *shrugs*

Advertisement