Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida: Disney or Universal Studios ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i was there last year and prices didn't differ from the website and the gate for disney, its possible to do all four disney parks in one day if you stick to the main rides and have a plan mapped out (single rider) but its a long day and you must be at the first park early (when they open preferably) and expect to finish in magic kingdom at 11pm for the parade

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

ciaeim wrote: »
    hello all , i am thinking of going to disney orlando for approx 10 ish days possibly in november, i am a widow with 2 daughters aged 15 and 16, they regard it as their dream holiday and i would love to take them, i would like some info on the following from some of ye more experienced holiday makers( have not been away ever as a family), i could go to travel agents but rightly or wrongly would feel like i was going to be ripped off,
    (a)when to go
    (b)where to stay,, would like to stay on resort site for a few nights at least.
    (c)what type of ticket to get to visit various parks
    (d) I suppose basically what i would like to do is pay out one lump sum and have everything organised before we go , that is to have flights, accomodation, tictets to various parks(which ones?) and anthing else covered before going , anyway hope some people may be able to help , thanks

ps, really praying that when i log back on all the hard work will be done for me and all i would have to do is press a few buttons and hey presto we would be booked, no harm in dreaming i suppose :)

hello all ,
    i have booked my holiday 7 days/nights in orlando and 3 in new york .. my daughters are just after asking me while in orlando could we go to 'tampa bay times forum ' because some band they are really into are playing their on the 30th oct at 7.30pm and i am wondering how feasible this is ? thanks for any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Orlando to Tampa Bay is about 70 miles, and takes a about an hour and a half driving time. A drop in the bucket over here.

You can get tickets in advance here (and other places online):
    http://forumtampa.com/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=2070744&venueID=102

another question my passport is not the new epassport my childrens are, will this be ok to travel with its in date to 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

another question my passport is not the new epassport my childrens are, will this be ok to travel with its in date to 2015

Your passport is valid, so you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Going on our trip on Saturday can't wait Orlando for 7 days all parks etc booked. 3 days in New York and I have a couple of questions. First I have been thinking of extending my New York stay how feasible is this and how should i go about this ? Secondly I am taking some cash with me and I have visa debit and visa credit card , should I inform my bank before I leave or not. And is it better use cash or cards? Any ideas on where to see while their and more importantly where to shop ( teenage girls). Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Going on our trip on Saturday can't wait Orlando for 7 days all parks etc booked. 3 days in New York and I have a couple of questions. First I have been thinking of extending my New York stay how feasible is this and how should i go about this ? Secondly I am taking some cash with me and I have visa debit and visa credit card , should I inform my bank before I leave or not. And is it better use cash or cards? Any ideas on where to see while their and more importantly where to shop ( teenage girls). Thanks for your help.

I am just back from NYC. You should be able to extend by a day or two with your agent. I was there for 3 nights and it was not enough. Stay at least an extra night and wear very comfortable shoes.

Do one of the bus tours to get your bearings. About $30 per person. The subway wasn't for me, so i used taxis mostly. Visit chinatown. The empire state building was disappointing. We did a cool boat tour, which was an extension of the empire state building tour, leaves from pier 78, just beside the intrepid aircraft carrier museum....a must see. Shopping at maceys was a bit overwhelming, but the girls will love it. Save perfumes for duty free going home. Visit the natural history museum and make sure you don't go in hungry. It will take a long time to see it all. Do the bonus "journey to the stars" tour in the museum. Its great.

The revolving restaurant in times square is so, so, but I enjoyed it. Was expensive. Buffet is $37 per person and drinks are extra. All museums have crazy airport type security, including then empire state and ground zero, which is another area to visit. It is free but you can donate. Central park is also massive and you must get a hot dog from a street vendor :)

Plan your days in advance. You could consider going to one of the large shopping malls outside manhattan, like jersey gardens. If flying American Airlines, you will be charged $100 per extra checked case home, so don't go crazy. Wifi was awful everywhere I went.

On your return trip to the airport, make sure the taxi driver turns on the meter. Tell him you will be paying card, even if you are laying cash. Seems there is a scam where they take you through Queens and it takes ages and they still want $70 even though there were no tolls from manhattan via queens to jfk.

Use card where you can. I think it is cheaper if buying anything over say 50 bucks. But keep track of your spending. No harm in telling your bank. Limit for atm withdrawal, is 300 per day with boi and a $5 charge or there abouts.

Advertisement