Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent problems with touch site

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭

There's been a couple of things happening with the touch site over the last few days that I thought I should bring to your attention.

Firstly, on some threads, new posts aren't showing up.
    For example, in YLYL the thread title was in bold, meaning there are new posts that I haven't seen yet. I clicked on the thread but the last post was one that I'd already seen an hour ago. I switched to the full site and sure enough, there are two more posts that aren't visible on the touch site.
    I'll attach two screenshots to this post. In one of them you can see it says the last poster is Ballyv24 (26mins ago), yet in the other shot, that pic isn't in the thread at all on the touch site, and according to that, the last poster was TheChevron who posted an hour ago. Ballyv24's post is visible on the full site however.

Another problem with the touch site is that it is, more increasingly, not remembering where you left off in a thread. There's been at least 15-20 threads over the last few days where I've clicked on them only to be brought to a post I've read a few hours earlier, sometimes on a previous page. Unfortunately, I never thought of getting a link to those threads at the time. I do remember though it happens a lot in YLYL and in a thread in First class Lounge.

EDIT; Forgot to mention, I'm using iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

One more thing I forgot to mention (Sorry!)........in the forum list, sometimes forums are showing an asterisk beside them, meaning there's new posts. But when I click into the forum, there are no new posts at all. This could be related to the first problem I mentioned.

Thanks! :)

Anything on this at all. It's still happening regularly.

No reply for this after three weeks??

I'm still missing posts on threads when using the touch site. Most recently today, an entire page of posts is missing from a thread in a private forum I use.
    It's very frustrating. If I switch to the full site, the posts are there, but they're missing on the touch site.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement