Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I have an epson stylus SX425W which has been working fine up unitl now. All I get when I print are blank pages or sometimes pages with the faintest of black but barely visible. I have just changed all the ink cartridges but it is still at it. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I don't use the brand name ink, I got the ink of inkjet.ie but the cartridges have always worked before.

Also does curry's or pc world do a repair service?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have an epson stylus SX425W which has been working fine up unitl now. All I get when I print are blank pages or sometimes pages with the faintest of black but barely visible. I have just changed all the ink cartridges but it is still at it. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I don't use the brand name ink, I got the ink of inkjet.ie but the cartridges have always worked before.

Also does curry's or pc world do a repair service?

I would remove all ink cartridges, and using some isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and cotton buds clean out the print nozzles and see if this helps. Also if this fails to work, make sure all inks are installed and leave the printer off for 24 hours or so then try again. It can help, :) . Cheap printers are not worth getting repaired generally (in fact I doubt many places would even offer to do so these days), so if it really has failed it's probably best just to replace it..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Thanks for that tip nick I will give it a go. Would I be able to use white spirits on the nozzles? Where do you get rubbing alcohol?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Thanks for that tip nick I will give it a go. Would I be able to use white spirits on the nozzles? Where do you get rubbing alcohol?

Don't use white spirits as afaik they contain chemicals that can cause damage to parts (I could be wrong here so maybe some else could advise?). You can get bottles of rubbing alcohol in chemists, try to get a 95% or more one. I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff but if you have any clear strong alcohol drink like vodka it should also work. It would need enough alcohol percentage to evaporate after cleaning. 40% alcohol may do the trick but really I'm not sure :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

the epson stylus SX425W has a:

"Nozzle Check utility"
    "Head Cleaning utility"
    "printer operation check"

Have you run these?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you left a long period between uses of the printer?

Using non-branded ink is fine once you use it regularly, but when you leave it sitting for long periods its messes up the heads much more than branded ink.

The built in cleaning functions probably wont clean it if this in the case, so you will have to clean it yourself. Its not really that hard, you will find videos on youtube that would help you, or can even buy kits cheaply online on ebay etc.

If your not using the printer that much it might be worth it in the long run to get the epson ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

Don't use alcohol on inkjet printers. It congeals the ink !

Use any water based household cleaner. fill a syringe with a little of this and warm water, squirt it gently into the hozzle of the ink cartridge holder. Wait 30mins and repeat.

Also try SSC service utility, makes the whole process much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just syringed it out with some window cleaner and water and has worked a charm! Printer is back running. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭whizbang

Great Stuff, Window cleaner has been mentioned a few times, good to know it works.

Advertisement