Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Occupy Galway discussion [Mod warning in post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭yara

And the reason I recall the conversation is well is because it's not one you forget easily. That and I wrote it all down at the time.

i have it written down that the incident never took place at all

yara wrote: »

Typical Occupy Galway attitude. If they don't agree with something resort to petty insults and then if that doesn't work use intimidation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151610040527360&set=o.221475261249700&type=1&theater

Not only is the quote wrong, but they signed it "James Connolly" when even a neo-liberal like myself knows that it was Jim Larkin that said it!

Reillyman wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151610040527360&set=o.221475261249700&type=1&theater

Not only is the quote wrong, but they signed it "James Connolly" when even a neo-liberal like myself knows that it was Jim Larkin that said it!

Maybe it was James Connolly who said "hey, at least it's not raining" and they just got confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Reillyman wrote: »

The square looks well and truly occupied alright!

• Advertisement

Typical Occupy Galway attitude. If they don't agree with something resort to petty insults and then if that doesn't work use intimidation.

fyp there

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yara, darko has shown you far more respect than you have shown other posters by answering the question you put to him, even under your cross-examination he continued to entertain you. As of this post you have yet to directly answer any of the reoccurring questions put to you, most recently "connemara man" in post #177 reiterated a question he asked earlier in this thread, you have yet to acknowledge this post.

The more you post the clearer it becomes that you have no intention of having an intelligent debate with the other posters of this thread, you really need to start engaging otherwise you'll find you soon won't have a (boards) platform to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

So is Re-Occupy Galway dead in the water already?

Probably best for everyone tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

We should all take it a bit easier on Yara, maybe she hasn't a clue how to answer our questions and is afraid to admit this.

Has the Facebook page been taken down?

• Advertisement

That and I wrote it all down at the time.

can you produce it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hindsight is on our side so seek the truth or bury your heads in the sand, both require digging but only one decision requires ignorance in spades

Yara - A number of posters are politely asking for information about the movement - as you eloquently put it in your original post, they seek the truth.

Are you going to provide answers, or bury your head in the sand by refusing to engage in anything other than a childish manner.

Your decision - remember though, only one decision requires ignorance in spades

The more you post the clearer it becomes that you have no intention of having an intelligent debate with the other posters of this thread, you really need to start engaging otherwise you'll find you soon won't have a (boards) platform to do so.

where is this intelligent debate you're speaking of? all i see are trolls asking the same stupid questions, demanding answers to questions that have definitely been answered in previous occupy galway threads

Yara, have you taken your Facebook page down?

dilallio wrote: »
    Yara - A number of posters are politely asking for information about the movement - as you eloquently put it in your original post, they seek the truth.

Are you going to provide answers, or bury your head in the sand by refusing to engage in anything other than a childish manner.

Your decision - remember though, only one decision requires ignorance in spades

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+global+occupy+movement+all+about%3F

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there a facebook page for this event? Link please?

Edit: Nevermind I found it https://www.facebook.com/events/301733013295963/

So according to that 4 people are going haha. Judging by the stuff written on it I'm guessing you are in control of that FB page yara? Can I ask were you involved with the last occupy galway mess? Do you know how it ended? This doesn't seem to have the momentum the last one had at the beginning.

This is the one I'm referring to.

The link was working yesterday but seems the page has been deleted.

Only 4 people were attending yesterday.

fyp there

Yet again you resort to cheap insults rather than engage in any form of debate or discussion. Kind of ironic that considering that Occupy Galway set out to do just those two things but I assume that's a lot easier when everyone you speak to agrees with you and there's no hard questions.
    can you produce it so?

Happy to grab it. As a writer I routinely take every day conversations and use them in my work. When I am home later in the week I will look for the file on my hard drive.

Now as I have repeatedly answered all your questions and accusations, how about you do the same and answer some of the many questions you have been asked.

Yet again you resort to cheap insults rather than engage in any form of debate or discussion. Kind of ironic that considering that Occupy Galway set out to do just those two things but I assume that's a lot easier when everyone you speak to agrees with you and there's no hard questions.

Happy to grab it. As a writer I routinely take every day conversations and use them in my work. When I am home later in the week I will look for the file on my hard drive.

Now as I have repeatedly answered all your questions and accusations, how about you do the same and answer some of the many questions you have been asked.

I look forward to seeing this file that definitively proves that some random person you have no recollection of said something that you are trying to say is the view of the whole occupy movement

what questions have been asked? if you're referring to questions that have been answered in previous threads I'm not going there

where is this intelligent debate you're speaking of? all i see are trolls asking the same stupid questions, demanding answers to questions that have definitely been answered in previous occupy galway threads

Funny that you call posters looking for answers Trolls when you respond with this when asked a few questions.

Yet again you resort to cheap insults rather than engage in any form of debate or discussion.

you are very easily insulted

as far as i knew it was a form of humour

• Advertisement

what questions have been asked? if you're referring to questions that have been answered in previous threads I'm not going there

Why not? Why should I or anyone else here wade through hundreds, perhaps thousands of posts in order to find the answer to questions asked here. I know that if I started a thread and wanted to engage with other posters I would not tell them to look for information elsewhere.

Funny that you call posters looking for answers Trolls when you respond with this when asked a few questions.

so About 39,400,000 results returned in (0.15 seconds) is not enough info or not quick enough or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

yara. People are asking for answers pertaining specifically to the Galway Occupy movement. Let's keep this local, okay?

Why not? Why should I or anyone else here wade through hundreds, perhaps thousands of posts in order to find the answer to questions asked here. I know that if I started a thread and wanted to engage with other posters I would not tell them to look for information elsewhere.

why should i answer blatant trolling questions on a subject that the dogs on the street know about for the last 20 months?

you are very easily insulted

as far as i knew it was a form of humour

Oh I'm not offended. I just find it sad that you repeatedly resort to insults rather than actually engage with posters here. You have been allowed a platform from which to spread your beliefs and those of Occupy Galway and so far all you have done is alienate the posters here and shown Occupy Galway to be nothing more than a group of nasty, childish people who will not engage with anyone who hasn't already drank the kool-aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Is this the answer to my question?
    I personally feel this is insulting
    Im only asking what the Galway groups mission statement is as it would have slightly different goals and objectives on a national level than a global group. I understand trying to change the way government does things but once again why would Eyre square be the best place to stage a protest when like I said previously county buildings constituency offices are in the city, and well not to sound like Im picking a fight our government is in Dublin

yara. People are asking for answers pertaining specifically to the Galway Occupy movement. Let's keep this local, okay?

my apologies

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+galway+occupy+about%3F

so About 39,400,000 results returned in (0.15 seconds) is not enough info or not quick enough or something?

Why should I wade through thousands of pages when a representative of Occupy Galway is posting here. Surely you should be able to answer a few questions considering how involved in the group you are.
    why should i answer blatant trolling questions on a subject that the dogs on the street know about for the last 20 months?

Actually one of the biggest problems with Occupy Galway and in fact the entire movement is that many of those involved have drastically different ideals and beliefs, often at odds with one another.

Is this the answer to my question?
    I personally feel this is insulting
    Im only asking what the Galway groups mission statement is as it would have slightly different goals and objectives on a national level than a global group. I understand trying to change the way government does things but once again why would Eyre square be the best place to stage a protest when like I said previously county buildings constituency offices are in the city, and well not to sound like Im picking a fight our government is in Dublin

none of the groups have a mission statement, why not eyre square, no matter where it takes off people would have something to say about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ailbhe dolan

Good point! What is the reason to occupy Galway? Why dont they occupy government buildings in Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement