Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Andriod Emultor

Options
  • 07-06-2013 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys can some one help me with this, i cant seem to Launch the Emulator
    giving me the following

Starting emulator for AVD 'test'
    emulator: WARNING: Requested RAM size of 1907MB is too large for your environment, and is reduced to 1072MB.
    Failed to allocate memory: 8
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

i am using Eclipse + ADT plugin that comes with the http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Try reducing the amount of emulated RAM in your AVD 'test' to 256MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This isn't exactly helpful to your specific problem, but have to tried testing on an Android device instead of the emulator? Assuming you have one handy, it is much, much better than the emulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I have dropped the ram size,

and it works when i run on 2.2 but it doesn't seem to work if i build for 4.2,

i most get a Android phone i should have a spare one around. as at the moment i just have an iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've a very fast laptop (i7 /8GB / SSD ) and the emulator is so slow to be unusable ( and that's with the snapshot ).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Cork24 wrote: »
    I have dropped the ram size,

and it works when i run on 2.2 but it doesn't seem to work if i build for 4.2,

i most get a Android phone i should have a spare one around. as at the moment i just have an iphone

4.2 needs more memory.

Don't try to run the emulator unless you have a powerful workstation (ie don't use a poxy laptop).

Emulator is ok for normal stuff, but it does everything in software - so no opengl acceleration - so useless for testing games etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

If you have bluestacks running (http://www.bluestacks.com/ it a program that allows you to run Android apps on window and mac laptops) and then run your app then, the app will install and start up on bluestacks. The only thing I have noticed with Bluestacks is that if you have any information being printed to the logcat then it won't show in eclipse with this running.

Advertisement