Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat hunter required

• 07-06-2013 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

My dog has been attacked by a local tomcat a few times and while I was hoping there would be some humane way of dealing with the situation it looks like I'm going to have to go one to one with the mangey funker. Does anyone do this professionally? I pay good money.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Super soaker, filled with bleach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

pharmaton wrote: »
    My dog has been attacked by a local tomcat

Tomcat?

Where the fuck do you live? Baghdad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Your dog sounds like a little fag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Get a proper size dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

where are you? contact your nearest spca/animal shelter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Your dog sounds like a little fag
    she's small and furry and possibly a bit gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PucaMama wrote: »

Cats roam for miles, particularly toms, could well be someones pet.

Dog sounds like a wimp tbh.

I've contacted them before but the local dog warden is allegedly involved with the cover up of the theft of dogs for breeding purposes and doesn't actually do very much. I don't really have much faith in the authorities.

she's small and furry and possibly a bit gay

I always wondered what happened to David Norris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

C'mon, we all know how to make a cat go 'woof'.

Petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

There's only one pussy in your garden and it don't say "miaow".

Cats roam for miles, particularly toms, could well be someones pet.

Dog sounds like a wimp tbh.
    she's a six pound animal and while I would like nothing more than to see her wreck the cat she was very nearly blinded by it recently, the chances are the cat will do her more injury if it's not stopped soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

I've contacted them before but the local dog warden is allegedly involved with the cover up of the theft of dogs for breeding purposes and doesn't actually do very much. I don't really have much faith in the authorities.

you dont need a dog warden you need one of the spca's traps for cats. then hand him into a shelter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I recon you would get more interest if you renamed the thread "Pussy Hunter required".

you dont need a dog warden you need one of the spca's traps for cats. then hand him into a shelter.
    thanks, will look into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Keep the dog inside for awhile. Only let her out when supervised if shes that delicate.

In the meantime, stalk the cat until your left in a final showdown situation, a fight to the death, I imagine it might be something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Where I come from a cat hunter is someone who's rubbish at shooting rabbits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

There used to be a mink hunter hanging around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

My dog has been attacked by a local tomcat a few times and while I was hoping there would be some humane way of dealing with the situation it looks like I'm going to have to go one to one with the mangey funker. Does anyone do this professionally? I pay good money.

your dog is a wuss toughen it up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Does your dog realise he's a dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

discus wrote: »
    Super soaker, filled with bleach.
    C'mon, we all know how to make a cat go 'woof'.

Petrol.

Well aren't ye the brave boys! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

call cats aid. they are in donnybrook I think. they'll come out and trap him for you free. you dont need to resort to "hunting" cats in this day and age, especially if there is a chance he is someone's pet? :/

Helpline: (01) 6683529

Our Helpline provides a voice mail facility for leaving messages. This is not manned but is checked several times daily. All enquiries about adopting or fostering cats should be directed to the Helpline, where our Homing and Foster coordinator will pick them up directly and respond.
    We cannot return your call without a phone number so when phoning please repeat your phone number clearly

my dog is like my family and possibly the only thing on this planet that I love, she is small and defenseless and while I understand the humour in AH it's actually been a traumatic to see her get hurt by another animal. She's anything but a wuss, she just happens to be less than half the size of the cat and doesn't stand a fair chance against it so it's up to me to do something about the fraken cat. Thanks for your help folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The little guy is obviously taking on the big bad kitty,he's got guts and guts are all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

my dog is like my family and possibly the only thing on this planet that I love, she is small and defenseless and while I understand the humour in AH it's actually been a traumatic to see her get hurt by another animal. She's anything but a wuss, she just happens to be less than half the size of the cat and doesn't stand a fair chance against it so it's up to me to do something about the fraken cat. Thanks for your help folks.

Most dogs will come out the worst in a cat fight if it's any consolation op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

the cat is not a million miles away from small and defenceless either if you start paying people to hunt it. At least give it a chance by handing it into a shelter. You wont have to pay anything, the cat will not be inhumanely killed with bleach, petrol etc and your dog can sleep soundly knowing it will not be attacked by a giant mogga in the small hours. win win win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My dog has been attacked by a local tomcat a few times

Your dog needs an emergency daily supplement of Man The Fuck Up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this cat for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad cat. Not like going down the park chasin' frogs and newts. This cat, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back peace of mind. . But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, OP. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your mind. If you want your dog to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, have your dog suffer. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's not too many cat hunters on this island. €10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I'll hire you my Dogo Argentino for a night. 1k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this cat for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad cat. Not like going down the park chasin' frogs and newts. This cat, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back peace of mind. . But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, OP. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your mind. If you want your dog to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, have your dog suffer. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's not too many cat hunters on this island. €10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Paws...greatest film ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Get the dog some self defence lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get a bigger dog, it'll eat the cat - and then the small dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Never mind the cat hunting, what about the dog warden and the pedigree dog shenanigans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Get Dogg the Bounty Hunter on the job brah!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Don't touch the cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Don't touch the cat.

Touch or torch ?

used to have a GSD myself, never had a cat problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

God I hope the OPs next post is;

So the cat beat me up too. Im beginning to wonder about my own manliness as well as my dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Indecent Proposal 2.

I have one of these, the Tom cats stay away .....

http://lovemeow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/giant-cat_2244900k.jpg

**Vai** wrote: »
    God I hope the OPs next post is;

So the cat beat me up too. Im beginning to wonder about my own manliness as well as my dogs.

I will admit to being slightly nervous about taking to the lounger semi nudey and closing my eyes atm, I have visions of cat pouncing on me with claws primed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My dog is small and he'd knock the pish out of any cat that gave him guff, your dog is crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

If it's this cat then just move. It'll be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

I don't know where i read it but apparently if it can be dropped kicked over a fence then it doesn't qualify as a dog :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

A Tom cat will destroy a 6 Pound dog any day & likely make the Heros on here run if it came to it. Buy a cat cage, about 30 quid & hand into a shelter or whatever. You'll catch him in a night

Can somebody explain what a Tomcat is? Wikipedia just tells me it's a male cat, and I don't see why people are repeatedly referring to it's sex (are male cats more aggressive?).

I'm going to try trap him, I'll have to go buy a cage first though, have him neutered and hopefully problem sorted.

I'm going to try trap him, I'll have to go buy a cage first though, have him neutered and hopefully problem sorted.

Why is everyone's solution to antisocial behavior sterilisation these days?

• Advertisement
Advertisement