Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willsbrook, Lucan Area

Options
  • 07-06-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I m buying house at moment and don't have that much money.
    So i am looking at Lucan area. Such like Willsbrook, Hermitage and Balleyown areas. i was told these areas are good in Lucan also has good schools.

Howver, at moment a 3 bed house around 116 square meter with good size front and rear gardens plus big space for future extention. The price was 250 and has been bid to 270 now.

Just want to see what you guys think of the location, house size VS the price. Should i go higher or you think it is too much for this house.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Do not factor future extension of the property into the equation- you'll be hard-pressed to get planning permission in the areas mentioned.

The asking price was 250- and is now 270- and you're asking whether you should get into a bidding war with whoever the other party is. How is the property worth? Unfortunately as the Roman philosopher, Publilius Syrus, mused over 2000 years ago- 'Everything is worth what its purchaser is willing to pay for it'. Is the property worth 270 (or more) to you? Are there other properties that are equally as suitable, or better suited, to your needs?

Willsbrook, Hermitage and Ballyowen (less so)- are all new areas. What percentage owner occupiers are there? What is the demographics in the areas? How are they serviced with schools? Are you likely to have difficulty getting places (you haven't checked this out obviously- because I have- I have young children and live in Lucan too)......

There are lots of well established areas that you seem to be ignoring- e.g. you're not considering Lucan itself? Lucan Heights, Esker, Coldblow, Laraghcon and other areas- are all lovely, within walking distance of a myriad of amenities- and probably at least as good value as you're currently considering- I'd seriously suggest widening your sweep and considering some of the other options.

I'd also suggest- 270 and rising for what you're considering is a little extortionate, do not consider upping your offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jackhua

smccarrick wrote: »
    Do not factor future extension of the property into the equation- you'll be hard-pressed to get planning permission in the areas mentioned.

The asking price was 250- and is now 270- and you're asking whether you should get into a bidding war with whoever the other party is. How is the property worth? Unfortunately as the Roman philosopher, Publilius Syrus, mused over 2000 years ago- 'Everything is worth what its purchaser is willing to pay for it'. Is the property worth 270 (or more) to you? Are there other properties that are equally as suitable, or better suited, to your needs?

Willsbrook, Hermitage and Ballyowen (less so)- are all new areas. What percentage owner occupiers are there? What is the demographics in the areas? How are they serviced with schools? Are you likely to have difficulty getting places (you haven't checked this out obviously- because I have- I have young children and live in Lucan too)......

There are lots of well established areas that you seem to be ignoring- e.g. you're not considering Lucan itself? Lucan Heights, Esker, Coldblow, Laraghcon and other areas- are all lovely, within walking distance of a myriad of amenities- and probably at least as good value as you're currently considering- I'd seriously suggest widening your sweep and considering some of the other options.

I'd also suggest- 270 and rising for what you're considering is a little extortionate, do not consider upping your offer.

Hi i wish i have talked to you earlier!!!!!!
    ur consideratioins are very valuable to me.

you had 4 points:
    1. is property worth 270 to my need
    2. what is the local facilities
    3. have i considered any other nice area in Lucn
    4. do not up my offer
    Very good!!

I have viewed a good few houses in Lucan now. this one is good in original price range. because the interial is good condition. big space front and rear which i like very much. so in the original price i would buy it without more thinking. as you mentioned there are few nice areas in Lucan. however, anything cheaper are very small and especially the outside area tiny. roads are narrow.

Overall, i think i will stop at 270 and no more.
    good luck to me¬!¬!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jackhua

Hi,

The previous house in Willsbrook has gone to someone else who would pay 285.

Currently i v seen a house in Cannonbrook area.

So just wondering what that area like. talked to few people abou this area and it doesn't seem to have a good reputation. Is that true?

Advertisement