Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Koil memory foam mattress

Options
  • 07-06-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, just wondering has anyone had any issues with kingkoil/kaymed memory foam mattress? There is actually a compression in it after less than two years, it was quite expensive & it's supposed to offer spinal support, yet is actually hurting me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LDrocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Compression is normal, as long as it is within accepted tolerances, which is roughly 1-1.5 inches. Have you been rotating the mattress? If you feel the mattress has a manufacturing defect, contact the retailer who should organise an inspection by FIRA (Furniture Industry Research Association) they will inspect the matt and then make a recommendation.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Thank you so much for the reply! Unfortunately the retailer is gone out of business & Kayfoam won't entertain my complaint (well I'm waiting on my appeal) the bed was on display (probably for a week or so!) and they won't stand over their guarantee - I've paid so much money for it & they won't even inspect it - I've been rotating mattress every week - the compression is on both sides. Thank you again I might call FIRA direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Do you still have your receipt? Or if not if you paid by cheque or card, you could use previous statements to prove your date of purchase.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I have all relevant receipts, less than 2yrs old but kaymed so far won't help me out, they say if it was on display then guarantee is only valid for 12 months. I appealed and I am hoping for a reply but it's been 9 days & nothing so far. I feel that they should at least come and inspect it. Unfortunately the furniture store are gone out of business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement