Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VN/China border with a busted cb400 rectifier regulator.. Options?

• 07-06-2013 1:43pm

On the Vietnam China border here and I think the rectifier regulator is feked. It happened before and it's the same symptoms only this time, I don't think I'll be able to drive home.

It's very intermittent but I had to drive the last 10k today at about 15kph.. The dash kept switching on and off and the bike was back firing cause I guess there wasn't enough power to spark properly. No idea how it still ran to be honest.

Anyways, I'm 2 days bus away from cb400 parts but I might be able to source 250cc dirt bike parts easier. Can I use parts from other bikes to get the bike moving? Massive language barrier here doesn't help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Check for a loose battery connection, could be the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most R/R from similar bikes will fit, or can be made to fit easily.
    Usually 3 yellow wires from stator and the two output wires one to +battery and the other to - Battery
    Check your connector plugs, they commonly give trouble if they get old and dirty. They may have melted if the resistance is too high!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

how many pins is the rectifier? if your stuck you could make one work, honda ones might even share the plug, as said theres 2 output wires a + and a -,

then the rest tend to be stator phases, there usually all the same colour and connection order doesnt matter if im correct.

Got internet again.. Bike started and made it about 130km to the next big town where it stopped again. Mechanic did a lot of work on the electrics but didn't touch the r/r. Hoping it will last to my destination today which has a train station so I could get the part sent up easily.

Thanks for the replies, if it feks up again, I'll try get it translated for a mechanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Advertisement
Advertisement