Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse IDE - Aptana plugin install issue

Options
  • 07-06-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I installed Aptana onto a PortableApps.com installation of Eclipse on my USB key (it's third party). While I'm in the Web perspective, any time I open a HTML file to edit I get a dialogue box saying "Unsupported content type in editor". How can I get HTML files to open using the Aptana HTML editor instead of the built in one?

I'm also having a problem where all of the menus disappear in the menu bar apart from File and Window, and I have to restart Eclipse to get them back. Resetting the current perspective doesn't fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I found solutions to both of these eventually.

The missing menus were caused by opening a Word document in an Eclipse tab. Switching to a normal editor tab fixes this.

The file association problem was fixed by opening Window --> Preferences --> General --> Editors --> File Associations. I just had to change the editors for the *.HTM and *.HTML files to the Aptana editor.

Advertisement