Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedsits in Waterford

Options
  • 07-06-2013 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all,currently living at home and strating an internship soon,Just looking for a bedsit or small apartment to rent for the duration of the internship.I have tried daft.ie but everythings a little pricey for Me.I really dont mind how small or run down as long as I have My own space,If anyone knows of anywhere or canput Me in touch with a landlord Id love to hear from You.Pm if You prefer.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Hi all,currently living at home and strating an internship soon,Just looking for a bedsit or small apartment to rent for the duration of the internship.I have tried daft.ie but everythings a little pricey for Me.I really dont mind how small or run down as long as I have My own space,If anyone knows of anywhere or canput Me in touch with a landlord Id love to hear from You.Pm if You prefer.
    Cheers.

Just be careful, there are some really rundown dives in town. I remember i went to look at a place and he wanted 90 a week. It was destroyed in mould and looked like the hous that jack built. When i asked about rent allowance he said it would be 150pw. What a gangster. Id name and shame him but im sure its not allowed here.. Hes got loads of properties, none that have fire escapes or fire alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Theres a room to let as your looking out of Deevy's down to your left. mobile number in the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

0rt wrote: »
    What a gangster. Id name and shame him but im sure its not allowed here..

I'm defintely sure you're allowed to name and shame him via PM, because i'm looking for new apt in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Cheers.

If you can't afford the rent, working for free for an employer, you most certainly won't be able to afford the rent, gas, electricity, broadband/TV , and food costs.

Better get yourself unmarried & a child quick & the health board or government will pay everything for you.

But a working adult, trying to get ahead... Forget it.

Have you tried the roommate & team up sections on daft -might be able to get a share in a house while students are away - try seeing there & if there is something with bills included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

Theres a room to let as your looking out of Deevy's down to your left. mobile number in the window!

Thanks,Il take a trip in and grab that number,thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

Just a thought, comments like yours are reason i am becoming more and more disallusioned with society.
    realy, thats your advise, all he needs to do is become unmarried and get a child?! did he say he was married and childless?
    being unmarried and with a child does not automatically entitle you to a free government provided life , it entitles you to people, like your goodself, looking down their noses at you and making judgements upon the unmarried status or the abhorrent status of single parent. not all single parents acquired that status due to shagging all around them but due to the early death of a partner or a man not being a man and walking away because they arnt fulfilled in their lives and leaving the woman to deal with his choices.
    from what im understanding it is an internship under the fas scheme, if this is the case there will be an extra €50 on top of the basic dole payment, how ever this €50 will be taxed. this payment is still a state payment, is it better or more socialy acceptable to be getting a payment for unemployment rather than a payment to parent alone, huh? just a thought?
    OP have you checked out this crowd?
    http://ie.cameloteurope.com/?id=151&level=1&guard_man=3&args=&property_id=366&wtlive=Waterford ,
    they have a couple of cheap rentals around the place if you contact them.

Advertisement