Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3, week 8 Results

• 07-06-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭

Niners lose in overtime to the Might of the Seahawks running game. 23-17.

Started well with a TD from the opening drive taking up much of the first qtr.
    7-0. Seahawks threw an interception and I punted back, Seahawks score a TD and I punt it back 7-7, hawks score a FG and I punt it back, 7-10. Interception by Gholdson ran back about 90yards, 14-10. Hawks score a TD with three minutes to play in the game 14-17. Niners work it well up to the red zone but fail to get over in three downs and decide not to go for it on fourth and three:confused: kick a FG 17-17. hawks win the toss and run it all the way to the playoffs:o

Great competive game but a must win for me slips away due to a lack of faith in the redzone:mad:

Lynch out for five games:P but his back up is quite capable, also a couple of fumbles in there but they did not affect the outcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

madalig12 wrote: »
    Niners lose in overtime to the Might of the Seahawks running game. 23-17.

Started well with a TD from the opening drive taking up much of the first qtr.
    7-0. Seahawks threw an interception and I punted back, Seahawks score a TD and I punt it back 7-7, hawks score a FG and I punt it back, 7-10. Interception by Gholdson ran back about 90yards, 14-10. Hawks score a TD with three minutes to play in the game 14-17. Niners work it well up to the red zone but fail to get over in three downs and decide not to go for it on fourth and three:confused: kick a FG 17-17. hawks win the toss and run it all the way to the playoffs:o

Great competive game but a must win for me slips away due to a lack of faith in the redzone:mad:

Lynch out for five games:P but his back up is quite capable, also a couple of fumbles in there but they did not affect the outcome.

You had to take the kick to equalise on 4th down. Only a madman would have played it differently.

The might of the Hawks is overwhelming and our justice is swift. And you will know us by our helmets.

There's a seahawk on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

[/QUOTE]
    Lynch out for five games:P [/QUOTE]

In your devastation you still found time to check out your dirty work. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans beat the texans by about 20, texans scores most of their points in the 4th Q with some ridiculous plays! George Wilson goes down injured again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers beat the Colts 62-49 in a game were the only substantial defence played was turnovers.

Colts got off to a bad start with an immediate fumble which the Packers recovered and Rodgers took advantage of a short field.

Colts had a supreme punt to pin the Packers at the 1 yard line which Rodgers and Jennings turned into a 99yard TD. That and a crucially timed interception for the Packers towards the end of the 2nd quarter with the Packers receiving in the 3rd helped decide things.

Fleener is horrendous to try and cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Defense was the star of a Giants win over turnover happy Bengals

13 - 10 was final score

Neither offense could get a lot done; all action was centred on two powerful defenses.

only two TDs whole game - and only one was from the offense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets beat the ravens 34-0 i believe...

Stout D was the difference in this game. The Raven's just couldnt move the chains past mid field. The Jets run game came to town as well The snap crackle and pop combo of Coleman, Stephens-Howling and Woodhead worked well too.

Hard luck Pudsy ! Might see you in play offs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team Gronk lose 24-21 to the Rams by virtue of a last second field goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Team Gronk lose 24-21 to the Rams by virtue of a last second field goal.

Great game Dave. Gronk is a pain in the neck to cover. 3 TDs, near 250yds receiving!!!

Star of the game though had to be Larry English!!
    3 sacks, 2 INTs (one for TD), 1 FF, and 6 tackles (4 for a loss)!!
    Hadn't been playing him too much but will be from now on!!

Going back to my usual offense playbook after unhelpful try of the Falcons one!!

Next up A-Rod and the Mighty Packers!!

Advertisement