Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block Shed Price - Anyone??

Options
  • 07-06-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I've searched the forum and there are a few requests for rough prices on block sheds, but no replies.

I am looking for a 12" x 12" block shed, concrete foundation (will require digging and leveling) and a gable end with Kingspan cladding for the roofing. A standard door and PVC window also needed. The external blockwork will be plastered.

I will have a cable already run to the site and can sort the electrics out (lights/sockets) so that's not in the quote.

Obviously I have a quote from a builder but would like conformation that I'm not being taken for a ride.

If anyone has had similar built recently, or is qualified to give an estimate, please add to this post.

It does seem strange that there have been no replies to similar requests - wonder if this will join the heap. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Id say ~€3500.Ballpark figure.
    I reckon material would be ~2K.

Dig Out?
    Hardcore/804?
    Concrete
    Blocks
    Door+Window
    Timber
    Cladding
    Gutters?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Thanks Rhys,

We've been quoted 4,500 so perhaps a little steep? There will be a fair bit to dig and remove to get the site level and root-free, as there are beech trees and our neighbour has some large pines whose roots are showing through where we're building.

So:
    Dig Out - a fair job to be done first.
    Hardcore/804 - not sure (I'm not in the trade) but I assume the builder knows what to do (he has come recommended and I have checked references)

The rest are as you listed:
    Concrete
    Blocks
    Door+Window (I may have to pay extra for the window)
    Timber
    Cladding - will be on steel settings (according to the builder)
    Gutters - that will include guttering.

Perhaps we're ok then, all considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Id say you're not doing too bad with that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YMCA

Just finished up building one last week. its 12 yards by 6 yards.

Base & Block labour 1,500
    Concrete for base & foundation 800
    Timber for roof 800
    Labour for carpenter 1,110
    Plasterer 1,200
    Windows 800
    Roller door 850
    Blocks 900
    Cement & Sand not sure as its on builders account
    Did ground work myself & dug foundations.
    Slates 1300 (Natural)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Hi, similar query to above.

have foundation/concrete base done so just need to know please what the materials cost would be for a 20ftx10ft block wall shed (not cavity wall or insulated), roof, steel door wide enough to drive a car in. roof would be basic trusses ( timber or steel whichever is cheapest), and sheets of galvinise with some insulation.
    Dont need to know labour costs, wont be plastering it.
    Appreciate any replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

M three wrote: »
    Hi, similar query to above.

have foundation/concrete base done so just need to know please what the materials cost would be for a 20ftx10ft block wall shed (not cavity wall or insulated), roof, steel door wide enough to drive a car in. roof would be basic trusses ( timber or steel whichever is cheapest), and sheets of galvinise with some insulation.
    Dont need to know labour costs, wont be plastering it.
    Appreciate any replies.

Bump

Advertisement