Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband in Caherdavin?

• 07-06-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

I just got a letter from Sky with a six-months free Sky Broadband offer if I switch my broadband, calls & line rental over to them.

I'm with UTV Internet for years and they have been excellent, with any rare glitches dealt with very promptly and I found their customer service very good and professional, the few times I needed it. I don't want to leave them unless an equally reliable service is available with a significant saving to me.

Question: How are folks who switched to Sky Broadband finding the service?
    What sort of contention rate do they use? Same as Eircom, UTV etc?

I'm on the Caherdavin exchange. Is it likely to have the Eircom hi-speed fibre service enabled anyway soon?

Any opinions on Sky Broadband welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Caherdavin Exchange will be eFibre enabled between July & December this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

tippman1 wrote: »
    I just got a letter from Sky with a six-months free Sky Broadband offer if I switch my broadband, calls & line rental over to them.

I'm with UTV Internet for years and they have been excellent, with any rare glitches dealt with very promptly and I found their customer service very good and professional, the few times I needed it. I don't want to leave them unless an equally reliable service is available with a significant saving to me.

Question: How are folks who switched to Sky Broadband finding the service?
    What sort of contention rate do they use? Same as Eircom, UTV etc?

I'm on the Caherdavin exchange. Is it likely to have the Eircom hi-speed fibre service enabled anyway soon?

Any opinions on Sky Broadband welcome.

Be careful, unlike other ISPs - Sky are not offering fibre at the moment.
    That will probably change over time, but at the moment they don't.

But saying that, they will probably give the same service as UTV. They had some issues in the first few months but they seem to be sorted now.
    I have them on a rural exchange and service is great, and it unlimited also.

There is a line checker on their website that will show you your approx speed

Advertisement