Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler putting hand down nappy

Options
  • 07-06-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

My 23 month old son has just got into the habit of putting his hands down the back and front of his nappy. I don't mind that too much but when he has done a poo that's a different story! He takes his hand back out covered in it! Does anyone else have this problem and how did you stop them doing it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I have the same problem with both of mine.

we got around the older one by always having a body on (you know the ones that button under the nappy) ....meant the hand couldnt go down the back...the habit was grown out of until it became pants...so much less of an issue.

the younger one is about the same age...and with the good weather we've had to stop putting on bodys...but it might be a case of no t-shirt only a body until the habit is grown out of again.

handful of poo isnt a nice result...coz you know with toddlers it ends up everywhere!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

My little one is still in vests and poppers, and will be until she's out of nappies. She's obsessed with taking her clothes off but she can't quite manage to get these off yet. Even in the nice weather, I don't think they're too warm for her - I've plenty of nice short sleeved ones for her to wear under summer dresses.

If your floors are laminate you could of course consider no nappy time at home. Occasional clean ups required of course - but it is worth remembering that everything is new to babies and they want to explore it all - including feeling and rubbing around down there to see what it is all about. Without a nappy full exploration is possible any many kids eventually get their fill of that curiosity and move on to other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, I've still my little one in vests under short sleeved t-shirts or vests, if she's too hot, I just take off the top layer & leave her run around in her vest. We try do no nappy time most nights as she loves being nudey, hysterics when we try to dress her afterwards.

Advertisement