Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling old Vinyl

Options
  • 07-06-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Doing a clear out of my mothers house and came across some old vinyl, Dylan, Hendrix, Taste, Rory Gallagher records ect. They are all in their original sleeve and even have the plastic still on them, mint. Is there a market for these? Where would one go sell these in Dublin?

If there is a better forum for this question please feel free to move mods :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

There's always a market for mint quality vinyl - how valuable they are depends on the particular year of release. Ebay is a better way of capitalising on rarities - if you go to a dealer in Dublin they will buy them cheap and sell them for a nice profit. You can check out the value of a specific album too online: http://www.discogs.com

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Or... get a half decent record player for a reasonable price and keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HouseHunter13

There's always a market for mint quality vinyl - how valuable they are depends on the particular year of release. Ebay is a better way of capitalising on rarities - if you go to a dealer in Dublin they will buy them cheap and sell them for a nice profit. You can check out the value of a specific album too online: http://www.discogs.com

I read on another thread that depending on when it was 'pressed' the records could be worth more, how do you find out what edition they would be?
    iamstop wrote: »
    Or... get a half decent record player for a reasonable price and keep them.

the music is a little before my time although the Cream album might be worth keeping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Catalogue number / matrix number etc will denote pressing. Check the entry on discogs for distinguishing features.

Rare Record Price Guide book also good for UK pressings.

www.popsike.com for prices.

Second hand shops in Dublin
    Spin Dizzy
    Freebird
    Rage

There's always been a demand for vinyl - new and used. Even at its lowest ebb [1991 - 1996].

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

the music is a little before my time although the Cream album might be worth keeping :)

I don't buy this for one second. Good music is good music and is timeless. I regularly play 2 hours sets of music that is all older than I am. (I'm not young, and I'm a DJ.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HouseHunter13

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Catalogue number / matrix number etc will denote pressing. Check the entry on discogs for distinguishing features.

Rare Record Price Guide book also good for UK pressings.

www.popsike.com for prices.

Second hand shops in Dublin
    Spin Dizzy
    Freebird
    Rage

There's always been a demand for vinyl - new and used. Even at its lowest ebb [1991 - 1996].

thanks for all the info, that's a great site if the prices of what are being quoted there are anything to go by (and the records are original presses) I could be in the money :)

i'll check them shops as the hassle of selling them individually online would be a pain
    iamstop wrote: »
    I don't buy this for one second. Good music is good music and is timeless. I regularly play 2 hours sets of music that is all older than I am. (I'm not young, and I'm a DJ.)

Its not that I don't appreciate the music but its just not my preferred genre, if they were sitting on my hard drive i'd keep them but I just wouldn't be dusting off the old turn tables to listen to them.

Advertisement