Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

I'm not trying to bait the Lexus lovers, but is a leathered up 2004 3.0 Camry auto really much different feel to a GS300 ? They're almost exactly the same size

There are so few Camrys on the road anyway. Engines didn't suit our tax rates ? No diesel ? Almost no Jap imports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

crazyjim wrote: »
    I'm not trying to bait the Lexus lovers, but is a leathered up 2004 3.0 Camry auto really much different feel to a GS300 ? They're almost exactly the same size

There are so few Camrys on the road anyway. Engines didn't suit our tax rates ? No diesel ? Almost no Jap imports

Go try one of each and come back and tell us yourself.
    Plus Lexus were never Garda cars.

My Jaguar Daimler salesman friend in the 90's used to love baiting new Lexus drivers in pub car parks by saying to their faces, when he was in Brand new high spec Jags.

"God ,The auld Toyotas are coming on a bit , she looks well, are ye happy with it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Bigus wrote: »
    Go try one of each and come back and tell us yourself.
    Plus Lexus were never Garda cars.

My Jaguar Daimler salesman friend in the 90's used to love baiting new Lexus drivers in pub car parks by saying to their faces, when he was in Brand new high spec Jags.

"God ,The auld Toyotas are coming on a bit , she looks well, are ye happy with it"

What a card he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

@Bigus the Gardai did have a few GS450H in service!

The Camry are a fine barge and I always wanted one but not bothered now, I think it's a bit unfair to attack the man that suggested it though. He probably won't bother visiting here again which is a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Truckermal wrote: »
    I think it's a bit unfair to attack the man that suggested it though. He probably won't bother visiting here again which is a pity.

Yeah, shameful carry on tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

@Bigus the Gardai did have a few GS450H in service!

The Camry are a fine barge and I always wanted one but not bothered now, I think it's a bit unfair to attack the man that suggested it though. He probably won't bother visiting here again which is a pity.

Presume you mean me truckermal. I wouldn't be put off from posting again but sometimes the "I know more about cars than everybody else does" mentality of some in this forum can be a bit off putting. It's a public forum one has to remember, not members only. Anyway moving on, don't want to be seen as a backseat mod here.

Presume you mean me truckermal. I wouldn't be put off from posting again but sometimes the "I know more about cars than everybody else does" mentality of some in this forum can be a bit off putting. It's a public forum one has to remember, not members only. Anyway moving on, don't want to be seen as a backseat mod here.

Ya it was you I totally love this thread and look forward to seeing the updates every day! Obviously the guy that posted a 3 series a few days ago deserved to be sent to the Rottweilers! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ok.
    After re reading how I posted then I can see that reaction was dickish.
    Had a fcuked up day when I posted that so it reflected in my posting style.
    Sorry about that jb and all.

bear1 wrote: »
    Ok.

No hard feelings sure. Sometimes a post can be typed in one tone and read by others in a completely different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭what recession?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/a8-2-8-v6-quattro-rare-colours-/12494423

Lovely looking last-of-the-line D2 A8. Nice colours indeed and it looks well looked after. These are E38s in the right spec and condition are gorgeous cars. €3k for this one
    Lovely example - every time I watch the movie Ronin I have serious cravings for a D2 S8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

Ok.
    No hard feelings sure. Sometimes a post can be typed in one tone and read by others in a completely different one.

Fair play, lads. The aussies have a phrase - "Balls Out". And I think I'm speaking for us all when I say that there's nothing more manly than two guys putting their knackers on the table for us all to reflect on.

"Keep it up" is probably the wrong phrase to use right now, but you know what I mean
    :o

Fair play, lads. The aussies have a phrase - "Balls Out". And I think I'm speaking for us all when I say that there's nothing more manly than two guys putting their knackers on the table for us all to reflect on.

"Keep it up" is probably the wrong phrase to use right now, but you know what I mean
    :o

Well I've sent JB a private message asking if an apologetic tug would be alright but he said only if its in the back of an old 900 :D
    Needs must :D

Taxed till the end of the month as well, they are becoming seriously tempting:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs300-1-owner-full-history-tax-9-16-nct-4-17/10861009

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls-ls-430-4dr-automatic-very-low-mileage/11213941

What are those two buttons on the passenger seat side wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

IIRC this particular one shows up from time to time here...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Brasso

I think they're for the rear seat passenger to be able to move/tilt that seat forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

The lack of mileage is an immediate turn off.

IIRC they are to lower or heighten the headrest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are so the driver can put the passenger seat forward or back and to adjust the upright angle of the seat, lazy way to make changes without getting out of the car and going around to the passenger side controls :D

My Dad's Honda Legend used to have them. They're there so that a rear seat passenger (or the driver as AD says) can move the seat for more space in the back.

They are so the driver can put the passenger seat forward or back and to adjust the upright angle of the seat, lazy way to make changes without getting out of the car and going around to the passenger side controls :D
    My Dad's Honda Legend used to have them. They're there so that a rear seat passenger (or the driver as AD says) can move the seat for more space in the back.

every car with back seats should have those:D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

Well I've sent JB a private message asking if an apologetic tug would be alright but he said only if its in the back of an old 900 :D
    Needs must :D

Stay Classy, San Diego :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Perfect barges with LPG. (I have an 04 one ;))

mullingar wrote: »
    Perfect barges with LPG. (I have an 04 one ;))

It's a pity you can't reduce the tax bill by lpging. I'd have one in a minute otherwise.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xj-8-3-2ltr-02-on-lpg-2500/13132220

I'm sure this would be perfect for wafting around!

If I had the money I would buy this. Bit of haggling might bring it down to the 5k mark.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-7-series-735-i-auto-may-p-x/13250537

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Neither of those cars have NCT, James Bond Junior. No NCT, no luxobarge.

unkel wrote: »
    Neither of those cars have NCT, James Bond Junior. No NCT, no luxobarge.

Nothing about that in the first post or anywhere else..:)

• Advertisement

Jaysus truckermal I can't say anything right in this forum these days!! Ha!

I know. But it is in the spirit of this thread. And also, this one sprouted from the bangernomics one, so on that basis alone the same rules would apply

And do we really need basket cases / fixeruppers in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

it is in the spirit of this thread
    In your most humble opinion of course.

In your most humble opinion of course.

He's just a cnut anyway....:D

Mod note:banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

He's just a cnut anyway....:D

NCT fail. :) Visual re-inspection is free.

Not your ornery onager

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1993-mercedes-s600-v12/13439295

NGRjOGNmZmU2OTEyOTAzOTljZjQ4NWI3Y2Y5MDViMTlB835GbQH-W5udgoCCXyjTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjEyOTEzNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

V12 W140 "nct'd to 2017" for €2450 here. You'd want to be brave..

It's a PSV. With the owner not bothered to tax it (€95 for a full years tax). That's not a good sign :p

Can't verify the NCT because it's a PSV. According to carsireland it's valid until 01/17 alright

Only S-class model I never liked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

]

V12 W140 "nct'd to 2017" for €2450 here. You'd want to be brave..

It would be worth it just to be able go into auto factors and ask for 12 spark plugs.

The coupe isn't half bad looking though

Long NCT, V8 petrol auto, lots of work done, asking €3,900

YzlhYzZhMWFjYzlkYTMzNGU3Yjg1NGFkZjJhOTBhYWQvyrwGhx3GMgX-f5B17TexaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjEwODQ3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

Yeah I like the CLs - those wheels would have to go though!

• Advertisement

Yeah I like the CLs - those wheels would have to go though!
    Ideally AMG monoblocks.

Exactly!

I'm not much into wheels. In fact I dislike most wheels. But those monoblocks are the coolest wheels ever designed imho

Or this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

I'd love that S600. I'd probably buy it if I didn't have other financial commitments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

The coupe isn't half bad looking though

Long NCT, V8 petrol auto, lots of work done, asking €3,900

YzlhYzZhMWFjYzlkYTMzNGU3Yjg1NGFkZjJhOTBhYWQvyrwGhx3GMgX-f5B17TexaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjEwODQ3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

My old car appearing on boards again! I didn't put those wheels on it but I think they look OK.
    I traded it in six months ago after four years of ownership. Great car and we'll looked after before and during my time.

I'd love a V12. But you'd want to be very careful looking at an old one. There are a few newer ones about not yet in luxobarge price range. One is up for auction in Wilson's tonight.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740i/13442917

YjVlOGJlNmMxNDkwZTQzYjI2ZTM5Y2RjNzFjNjU1YjJJlntje0ShFbFdY70FZEX8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjE1MDAwNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

We all like a good e38..have this! 740i 2 owner Irish car, 86k miles, NCT to 7/17 for €1950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740i/13442917

YjVlOGJlNmMxNDkwZTQzYjI2ZTM5Y2RjNzFjNjU1YjJJlntje0ShFbFdY70FZEX8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MjE1MDAwNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

We all like a good e38..have this! 740i 2 owner Irish car, 86k miles, NCT to 7/17 for €1950

strangely low on spec, xenons but no parking sensors, last model year but no nav, sports steering wheel but the bog standard wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Ideally AMG monoblocks.

They look awful with the factory wheels. I've got 2 piece staggered monoblocks on the SL and the later mono blocks on the CL. The S600 is an amazing car but I'd expect this one to have astronomical mileage and possibly indifferent repairs done. There's not an inch of space in the V12 engine bay and very few who know anything about them. I almost bought the perfect LWB S600 a couple of years ago. It belonged to the director of MB UK and was fully, and I mean fully loaded, down to the glass holder in the armrest. 50k miles with an incredible service history. Every squeak had been investigated. It was £8,500 when you could buy a W140 here for a fiver but was a one off. The V8's are amazing but V12 Über Alles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement