Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Truckermal wrote: »
    Shoot him a PM he will tell you everything you need to know!

Nice one thanks.

I'll try find him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Yes, I did install LPG kits on a 98-05 shape gs300 and my 04 Ls430. It took a few days for each install, but well worth it. I also got them certified safe to keep Mr insurance happy.

Nearly all older style indirect injection cars can be converted. A lot of newer Direct-injection cars can't be converted without a dedicated kit (eg some VAG stuff). Newer gs300 the 05+ can't.

Anyway, If your not mechanically minded, just pay for a professional installation. Don't go cheap on the parts. Buy middle grade stuff and you will be fine. Yes it will cost around €1500 for the kit installed, but it's all paid back in approx 6 months of average driving. Don't forget, you will always have your petrol system running in the background if you run out of gas.

mullingar wrote: »
    Yes, I did install LPG kits on a 98-05 shape gs300 and my 04 Ls430. It took a few days for each install, but well worth it. I also got them certified safe to keep Mr insurance happy.

Nearly all older style indirect injection cars can be converted. A lot of newer Direct-injection cars can't be converted without a dedicated kit (eg some VAG stuff). Newer gs300 the 05+ can't.

Anyway, If your not mechanically minded, just pay for a professional installation. Don't go cheap on the parts. Buy middle grade stuff and you will be fine. Yes it will cost around €1500 for the kit installed, but it's all paid back in approx 6 months of average driving. Don't forget, you will always have your petrol system running in the background if you run out of gas.

Thanks very much for that.

Dam I was looking for na your nuts don't do it man......

My bank account won't be happy but I think I will be smiling....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Approx 1 years of fuel savings will pay for both the years tax & LPG kit.

Petrol: Say 12k miles @ 22mpg @ 1.30/litre= €3,300

LPG: Say 12k miles @ 18mpg (LPG has 18% less energy per litre than petrol) @ 0.63/litre = €1800 + €1500 kit = €3300.

Job done,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Tropheus wrote: »
    Love the 44.2 mpg showing on the DIS in the photo.  He must have reset it at the top of the nearest hill and rolled down to get that.  I'd say 25-30 mpg in the real world considering the weight and AWD

In fairness my V10 TDI (bigger and older engine, 5.0l twin turbo) Phaeton got 28mpg.. the 3.0TDI gets very high 30s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Matt Simis wrote: »
    In fairness my V10 TDI (bigger and older engine, 5.0l twin turbo) Phaeton got 28mpg.. the 3.0TDI gets very high 30s.

Jaysus Matt - long time no post!

Howz NZ treating you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Big Nasty wrote: »

Howz NZ treating you?

He's driving a V10, not too bad I'd imagine:D

jca wrote: »
    He's driving a V10, not too bad I'd imagine:D

A V10 diesel. That was here by the way.

Although he did bring his V12 petrol with him IIRC ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Big Nasty wrote: »

Howz NZ treating you?
    Pretty good but returning to Ireland in January for a couple of years!  Car are a bit $$ here but tax is peanuts! 
    Slightly more on topic but not quite hitting the EUR limit on luxonomics, there is infact  a V10 TDI Phaeton for sale in Ireland (I sold mine ages ago), here tho I note it has no VRT on it, so prob not mine.

• Advertisement

Easing yourself back in so! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Pretty good but returning to Ireland in January for a couple of years!  Car are a bit $$ here but tax is peanuts! 
    Slightly more on topic but not quite hitting the EUR limit on luxonomics, there is infact  a V10 TDI Phaeton for sale in Ireland (I sold mine ages ago), here tho I note it has no VRT on it, so prob not mine.

funnily enough I think it got sold yesterday to a lad I used to go to school with , he was tagged in it on bookface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Do you still have the 850? And if so, will that be returning with you? :cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

None of them should give any trouble over a 12 month period, provided you check the car out before you buy

All of them will be hard to sell. Biggest losses on the E60, GS and don't even think about buying the Murano (although it is currently classed as commercial tax - can't use it on the school run ;))

S-type and Saab are cheapest to buy and should be got for a few hundred less. So probably only lose a few hundred on either. Dark horse: if you negotiate hard on the X5, you should keep your losses down on that one too. Another option is an E60 for around the same money as the S-type and Saab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote: »
    None of them should give any trouble over a 12 month period, provided you check the car out before you buy

All of them will be hard to sell. Biggest losses on the E60, GS and don't even think about buying the Murano (although it is currently classed as commercial tax - can't use it on the school run ;))

S-type and Saab are cheapest to buy and should be got for a few hundred less. So probably only lose a few hundred on either. Dark horse: if you negotiate hard on the X5, you should keep your losses down on that one too. Another option is an E60 for around the same money as the S-type and Saab.

cheers unkel

its a pity the gs300 looks lovely, but i know deep down what will happen :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

That GS is delish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Soarer wrote: »
    That GS is delish.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-450h-fully-loaded/14203626

**** it, after Xmas I will go on insurance qoute binge and see if I can insure one of those for 1K eu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-450h-fully-loaded/14203626

**** it, after Xmas I will go on insurance qoute binge and see if I can insure one of those for 1K eu.

Kinda worrying that none of the photos in that ad are his tho

Kinda worrying that none of the photos in that ad are his tho

What you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Cyrus wrote: »

Small market for any of them selling on, that's why they are all so cheap, I actually have my eye on that e60 if I can sell my e39 I think it's great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

S type would be some keeper if mileage checks out

What you mean?

All of the photos in that ad are just randomly taken from the net

All of the photos in that ad are just randomly taken from the net

Really? How did you noticed it?

Thing is, that there are 2 more lexus 450h on donedeal with identical discription. Similar looking too.

Is 450h is now some sort of scam bait?

Really? How did you noticed it?

Thing is, that there are 2 more lexus 450h on donedeal with identical discription. Similar looking too.

Is 450h is now some sort of scam bait?
    That or his is in sh1t or doesn't have it yet as it could be dealer or scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

fast way to figure it out, if you have chrome right click the image in question and press control shift s to do a google image search of it

edit: it's actually just shift + S while you are right clicked on the image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

fast way to figure it out, if you have chrome right click the image in question and press control shift s to do a google image search of it

edit: it's actually just shift + S while you are right clicked on the image

This is why boards is great.
    If you're seriously investigating a car, you need to be keeping tabs on these types of threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Shortish NCT on this for the money, but a nice wagon with a nice interior for €5K, even if it is the 6 cylinder version. Not a very good ad either way.

2005 BMW 630i, 03/17, €5250

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-630i/14133191

M2QzZGU5YTRhYWQ3ZTYzODRkYmY0ZmQ4Yzk1YmM0NjOWqS8fQPOBK1zLeSwNduTwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTkyODM1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Is that the first one of those we've seen here?

Nice place to waft away down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm completely biased because I was driving a 645 yesterday but they are such a nice place to be. Never driven the 6 cylinder but they are probably less hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

what's the reliability like on the 6 series ?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Skommando wrote: »

Very good in my experience , I've been driving a 650 as my daily for almost the last four years and the only thing other than consumables and lots of juice was a seal on the gearbox which wasn't expensive to fix . The one I bought had always been serviced on the button and would never have wanted for anything so that deffo helped . Servicing is reasonable on it if you use good indy , the tax is the worst part but every time you start it up and hear the purr off it it makes up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Skommando wrote: »

EvilLaugh.jpg

EvilLaugh.jpg

Exactly..... Doh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

if you get a good one youll be fine if you get a bad one like me .
    1gkuq8.jpg

i always serviced mine ahead of schedule and never skimped on anything that needed to be done . i had a 645Ci . loved it to bits even though it tried to financially ruin me . aside from the nearly 2k tax bill every year i spent over 10k over the space of 4 years just on repairs and that doesn't include the servicing or tyres . it really goes to the saying they are cheap cars to buy but not cheap to run . the smallest part is hundreds of euro . avoid active steering like the plague its an option on them but a very problematic one and expensive to fix . the V8 645 did suffer from a fairly common problem with a coolant leak that was a few grand to put right . luckily i didnt have this problem . a lot of these roblems were solved by the time the 650i came out .
    as for the 630i . they are reasonably reliable as far as the engine goes . i had the same engine in an old E90 330i i had and its a great engine . smooth and powerful and sounds great (in a 3 series) but i dint know how well it would suit a 6er .

i have a 730d Sport now and while its a lovely car i do miss the V8 6er . it was a fantastic experience every time you drove it . and that V8 sounded amazing especially at low speed driving through town it had a lovely subtle burble . god i loved that car

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

EvilLaugh.jpg

that good eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Looks the business. V8 engine. Check the receipts and you're good to go.

1999, S500. NCT 08/17, €3500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-s-class-500-v-8/14089101

ODZjZmRiYTc1MjU0MTMyNDg1OTFhN2MwYjU3NWI3MzAd6E85_EmCLmIW8FvhwXpzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTY5NDg0MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

Red Kev wrote: »
    Shortish NCT on this for the money, but a nice wagon with a nice interior for €5K, even if it is the 6 cylinder version. Not a very good ad either way.

2005 BMW 630i, 03/17, €5250

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-630i/14133191

M2QzZGU5YTRhYWQ3ZTYzODRkYmY0ZmQ4Yzk1YmM0NjOWqS8fQPOBK1zLeSwNduTwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTkyODM1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Personal opinion
    1980s 6 series was mean looking
    Current 6 series is sleek
    ^ That generation 6 series looks pregnant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Red Kev wrote: »
    Looks the business. V8 engine. Check the receipts and you're good to go.

1999, S500. NCT 08/17, €3500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-s-class-500-v-8/14089101

ODZjZmRiYTc1MjU0MTMyNDg1OTFhN2MwYjU3NWI3MzAd6E85_EmCLmIW8FvhwXpzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTY5NDg0MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

These early ones were a little bit problematic. When he says that the Air suspension has been re done I'd like to know what was done. It's either got an AMG type exhaust or replacement twin tips as the standard is single tips. Poverty spec interior for a 500. Still, nice to potter around in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

After Hours is thattaway >>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Is one allowed to post a link to their own ad here (from other sites) if it's a genuine luxobarge? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yup.

As long as it meets the criteria and you declare an interest at the start.

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Is one allowed to post a link to their own ad here (from other sites) if it's a genuine luxobarge? :)

Whats you got.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Whats you got.....

X-type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/6750-rare-amg-c43-v8-1999-89k-miles/13637035

V8 AMG
    300 HP

I can have the storage ready in 5 mins.

bear1 wrote: »
    X-type.

Any link to ad....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

^ AMG C43 oh lordy... :rolleyes:

When is the credit union opening again? And whats the excuse this time? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That C43 is lovely. Really like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice car but isn't the asking price very optimistic? Needs a new NCT too to have any hope of getting a good price.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement