Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

commited wrote: »
    This is lovely, pity it doesn't have comfort seats though :(
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-750-li/17131393

Gotta agree re depreciation vs tax. All of my relatives/friends think that I'm aboslutely nuts running a 530i, not exactly a luxobarge but I enjoy the blend of performance/comfort/handling/economy that the e60 offers), but I reckon it costs me less per year/mile than most of their cars to run plus I bought a very good 10 year old example for less than a third of the price of a decent "chape tax" 530d with similar mileage. Recently got 37mpg over about 600km on a weekend trip so its not exactly ruinous at the pumps either.

My buddy ended up buying this 750 for a shade over €3k, a whole lot of car for the money, saw it today, only change needed is the wheels and give it a serious polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

My buddy ended up buying this 750 for a shade over €3k, a whole lot of car for the money, saw it today, only change needed is the wheels and give it a serious polish.

That is whopper value, christ. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

That is whopper value, christ. Fair play to him.

How much was it advertised for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

grogi wrote: »
    How much was it advertised for?

I think it was up at near €4k but not 100%!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

m17 wrote: »

An A8 ad needs a rear pic and a side on pic. Great car tho, a true motorway muncher.

Cheap 07 GS450h, prices of these only going one way!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs450h-saloon-car/16712631
    153k miles, €3250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Cheap 07 GS450h, prices of these only going one way!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs450h-saloon-car/16712631
    153k miles, €3250

Short NCT.

And he still hasn't managed to hoover the bloody carpets :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Greybottle wrote: »
    Short NCT.

And he still hasn't managed to hoover the bloody carpets :-)

Wonder what the price will be when its out of tax in Jan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

If he is reading this forum.
    Wash the car & use scrubbing brush with APC to clean the drivers side mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

https://www.donedeal/cars-for-sale/audi-a8-2007-3-0-tdi-quattro-ncttax/16843234IMAG9077_zpsbcmgmxbz.jpegAudi a8 2007 3.0tdi quattro 231,000kms nct Nov 18 €4850

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

Probably a question for a thread in the main forum (but if I ask it there someone will suggest buying a skoda), but does anyone here run a barge and do high mileage? I'm about to pull the trigger on an XJ diesel and I do 33k miles per year. Am I mad????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Need more details, budget, co2 or cc?
    I think the a8 above would do just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it's the 2.7 in the XJ then I'd tend to avoid as they can be woefully troublesome. The later 3.0 litre is much more reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

griffin100 wrote: »
    Probably a question for a thread in the main forum (but if I ask it there someone will suggest buying a skoda), but does anyone here run a barge and do high mileage? I'm about to pull the trigger on an XJ diesel and I do 33k miles per year. Am I mad????

A mate of mine brought in a 2013 XJ from the UK ,however it was irritating his bad back so he sold it after 1 week (he was lucky to break even by selling to a trader for cost inc vrt which was about 7 k below irish market price ) and he bought a Lexus 450 H hybrid 2014 instead which he's delighted so far with after 6 months.

Afaik, He's getting 44 mpg in the 450 H and we all know it'll be hyper reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thanks for the quick comments. It's a 2007 XJ 2.7 (x358). 100k mikes and full JSH with the major jobs done (cam belt, wishbones). Currently in the UK.

I can live with the ridiculouslt high tax, then fuel costs are ok, it's the practicability of running a barge that has me slightly worried. I'm allowing €1500 a year for maintenance, but not sure if that's too optimistic.

I do like A8's but I've always wanted an older shape jag (and my mate has a 161 A8). Don't want to hijack the thread so think I'll open a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

€1500 a year is about right. Ive driven about 10k miles a year for the last 9 years in a 728i and 740Li and have never really spent more than about 500 a year in parts/servicing on average, granted I service myself, tyres aren't included in that. Tyres will likely be your biggest single cost.

Bigus wrote: »
    A mate of mine brought in a 2013 XJ from the UK ,however it was irritating his bad back so he sold it after 1 week (he was lucky to break even by selling to a trader for cost inc vrt which was about 7 k below irish market price ) and he bought a Lexus 450 H hybrid 2014 instead which he's delighted so far with after 6 months.

Afaik, He's getting 44 mpg in the 450 H and we all know it'll be hyper reliable.

Did he buy the black 450H for sale recently? I was trying to push the old man towards that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Did he buy the black 450H for sale recently? I was trying to push the old man towards that!

That was 2012..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

"No more text offers in the middle of the night if you don't mind"

No it's not that's the one Swinford Motors had advertised at 6K then after driving 3.5 hours to see it he wanted 9.5K..:mad:

Anyway the alloys are scuffed badly and it's being painted a few times badly may I add!

Big miles too compared to my 05 GS so I was not prepared to buy a car with more mileage.

Jesus that salesman was a pompous pr1ck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

deserves to rot on their forecourt for that kind of feck acting

deserves to rot on their forecourt for that kind of feck acting

The guy selling it now a part time trader by the looks of it was not the seller I spoke to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

That ls460 probably ended up in a trade auction somewhere for 3k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Truckermal wrote: »
    No it's not that's the one Swinford Motors had advertised at 6K then after driving 3.5 hours to see it he wanted 9.5K..:mad:

Anyway the alloys are scuffed badly and it's being painted a few times badly may I add!

Big miles too compared to my 05 GS so I was not prepared to buy a car with more mileage.

Jesus that salesman was a pompous pr1ck....

Yes I spotted this for sale back when it was €6k, it then went no price for a number of weeks/months, I thought it was the same one in that ad but wasn't 100% sure. Odd carry on from a Toyota main dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Wow really? What a scumbag. Is there any way to report that sort of sneaky, underhanded stuff?

Wow really? What a scumbag. Is there any way to report that sort of sneaky, underhanded stuff?

Post it on Board's! :p

Funnily enough as Mullingar said they probably sold it to that trader for a lot less in the finish which makes me happy, I was more than willing to pay 6K for it. Also I landed up in my own car so he surely knew I didn't mind high tax etc etc.

If I landed in a Micra or some Sh1tbox he would have some excuse for acting the maggot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

Tivoli motors have a 05 GS 300 for 2950 saw on fb today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Sadly, it's not against the law to do that. Even if you offered him the €9,500 he doesn't have to accept it. The law of contract isn't anywhere near black & white.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

Greybottle wrote: »
    Sadly, it's not against the law to do that. Even if you offered him the €9,500 he doesn't have to accept it. The law of contract isn't anywhere near black & white.

In fairness it is actually fairly clear.
    IANAL... But...
    If I offer you a contract and you accept, I am now bound.
    However, when item is offered for sale (including in shops) that is not counted as such an offer. The offer is the moment when the buyer offers to buy.

But the behaviour in this case is just antisocial nonsense and deserves social punishment more than legal! (And nice to see he probably suffered commercially)

http://www.adverts.ie/14304974

On Adverts for a different price.......:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems to be passed around more times than the clap.:D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls-460/17376565

MTBhNWJhYTgyZTFkMmEyY2M0ZGYwZjk3ZTQxY2VhZTe7F6GtoEVEfXphLE4JTI8eaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTg2MjUxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Bit over budget & big-ish miles but maybe worth a look (they don't up for sale often enough to dismiss without a physical look imo)

@Truckermal...? :D

I didn't find the 460 really really better than my own but if I was to change it would be a 600HL I reckon..

I guess I'm stuck with my own too as the market is dead for them..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-lexus-gs450h-executive-tax-10-18/17393326

NDE2OWQ4ZjA2MDYyZTE0NjlkM2FkMmEyZTE3NmY2ZmQ_5tZn4O1Fx1QUSUlJOuIhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDAwMDc5MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Tidy looking 07 GS450h with private tax till 10/18 €4950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that disc is taxed till 10/2018.
    Nice but why sell a car that you've literally just spent €1809 to tax.

Sorry, I should have said 10/18.

People's circumstances often change, I wouldn't be worried about a car with such long tax.

That 460 that Swinford Motors had was sold to a trader in Dublin for 5.5K and they told me to duck off offering 6.5K and that was months ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Maybe they knew they had money to spend to retail it. On the other hand, I see dealers more often than not letting stuff sit for months due to being about 2k over priced continually, dropping price all the time but 2k above market for months and months

Duplicate post

mickdw wrote: »
    Maybe they knew they had money to spend to retail it. On the other hand, I see dealers more often than not letting stuff sit for months due to being about 2k over priced continually, dropping price all the time but 2k above market for months and months

I told them it was a out the door job and they would never see me again.. Anyway 5.5K is all they are worth.

Just an idiot dealer so. Sometimes you have to wonder what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Brasso

Older A8 3.7 Quattro, 125k miles, NCT 10/18 and asking €2,300. Looks like it could be a reasonably genuine car.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8-3-7-quattro-nct-10-18/17399983

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcSF0D4HtFk/

A 07 Gs450h for just over 3.5k and it's up a while but only dropped to this price now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcSF0D4HtFk/

A 07 Gs450h for just over 3.5k and it's up a while but only dropped to this price now!

Any idea on the minibus in that clip what price it's going for? Looks like it needs bit of body work at this stage :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Add the almost two grand price of road tax to the purchase price and you nearly have enough for a chape tax '08 model.

Add the almost two grand price of road tax to the purchase price and you nearly have enough for a chape tax '08 model.

Not many 08 models at 2K extra though! Their should be but they are dreamers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement