Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

That’s a GS300 not a 450h.
    €95 tax is because it’s registered as a PSV. Private tax is €1495 vs €750 for a 2008 GS450h.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Lads is there Max age a car can be for psv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Lads is there Max age a car can be for psv?

Ya I think it's 9 years or lower..

No it’s less than 10 years for a taxi BUT AFAIK there’s no age limit on a Limo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Furzy wrote: »
    No age limit on a limo, this is to facilitate classic PSV limos for use as wedding cars etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Cars on an early plate have a one time exemption of allowing the car to reach 15 years of age. Once the vehicle is over 10 years it's subject to 6 monthly Nct and suitability tests. Limo's can be any age but are subject to 6 monthly testing once over 10.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-2008-light-frontal-damage-tax-9-18/17447148

Needs a new front bumper but taxed until next September! Breakers in Galway is breaking one in that colour too!

Link says sold .... did it really go in under 10 mins :eek:

Link says sold .... did it really go in under 10 mins :eek:

Ah balls it was mint! The good ones do not last long

What was it?

2008 Gs 450h with 1 owner and taxed unti next September! It was mint only for damage to the front bumper for just over 5K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls-460/17376565

MTBhNWJhYTgyZTFkMmEyY2M0ZGYwZjk3ZTQxY2VhZTe7F6GtoEVEfXphLE4JTI8eaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTg2MjUxNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Bit over budget & big-ish miles but maybe worth a look (they don't up for sale often enough to dismiss without a physical look imo)

@Truckermal...? :D

That's down to €5,850 now! What's my own worth, I suppose 2k and a bit considering it needs nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

I like this, the black on black with the lighter coloured wood suits it. Black grill and 5 spoke alloys set it off well. Slightly strange Ad, but a decent price with 6 weeks tax thrown in to boot. Pics are a few months old.

NCT 09/18 €3700

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xj6-tax-nct/17465271

YjUyYjZiMzU3MGE1MGExYzI2YmQ2Yjk3OTRkZTNmMTbiXDSdOEQqC0dWo7hVma5KaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDU4NjE1Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

MzVjZjgxMTAzNzVjNzdmNzk3Mjc4ZmQ5OThmZDg2OTH3LzXl8VlDZKZqyiteI10IaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDU4NjE1NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NWM2NDA1ZGJhMTI0NmQ1ZDgzZDQxMjZkY2I0OWYzODBAmZZqUtDigpSBejeOaBXEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDU4NjE1NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Funny you should post that because I was watching the Top Gear where Jezza was test driving that this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Truckermal wrote: »
    That's down to €5,850 now! What's my own worth, I suppose 2k and a bit considering it needs nothing.

Wonder how easy it would be to remove the ultra tack tinted windows from the back?

Wonder how easy it would be to remove the ultra tack tinted windows from the back?

10 minute job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭flatty

Truckermal wrote: »

10 minute job!
    With a brick?

flatty wrote: »
    With a brick?

No that would only take about 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

IIRC it was advertised a couple months ago on DD for 1650 and very, very poor ad at that. Somebody bought it, then quick valet and back on the market for 5950, pure chancer. There's a badge on the grill which is a bit of giveaway, it also had funny number plates back then. Not sure why bumpers have chrome strips, I think they were black, much nicer IMO, just like my S-type is ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Brasso wrote: »
    Older A8 3.7 Quattro, 125k miles, NCT 10/18 and asking €2,300. Looks like it could be a reasonably genuine car.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8-3-7-quattro-nct-10-18/17399983

I've always wondered what these d2 A8s are like. Has anyone here owned/driven one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-bmw-750-li-low-miles-top-specsale/17342181

MDk1MmJhYTRiZDM1MzhlZjUzN2M0YThlNmVkM2M1NmUWs1cAXpou6UL44fbqir-eaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDMyODg3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Such a weird spec, the rear seats are adjustable and full rear screen / nav, heated and massage front seats but not comfort seats, stupid low miles, low price, nct and tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-bmw-750-li-low-miles-top-specsale/17342181

Such a weird spec, the rear seats are adjustable and full rear screen / nav, heated and massage front seats but not comfort seats, stupid low miles, low price, nct and tax.

So tempted but with the NCT out since September it could potentially be a minefield, with the tax at €150 a month either the car or the owner has issues not to NCT it for €55 :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Great value if the mileage is genuiine. Could be in burning oil territory, pretty much all N62s ever have stem seal issues, but even a €1500 repair still makes the car a bargain.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-450h-1-owner-2007/17510020IMAG10040_zpsu31kqtiu.jpgLexus gs 450h 2007 93,000 miles nct 09/18 €4495

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

m17 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-450h-1-owner-2007/17510020Lexus gs 450h 2007 93,000 miles nct 09/18 €4495

Gorgeous car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-450h-1-owner-2007/17510020IMAG10040_zpsu31kqtiu.jpgLexus gs 450h 2007 93,000 miles nct 09/18 €4495

What is the real world fuel consumption like on these? I may be changing roles and handing back my company car in the new year. I'll probably be using public transport 80% of the time for work so don't mind a bit of guzzle. I will have to drive the odd day so just interested to know

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

That won't be around for long.

The mileage is sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What is the real world fuel consumption like on these? I may be changing roles and handing back my company car in the new year. I'll probably be using public transport 80% of the time for work so don't mind a bit of guzzle. I will have to drive the odd day so just interested to know

I tried one out for a weekend a few years back.
    It got somewhere close to 30 mpg driving across the country and some heavy going around local roads, very similar mpg infact to my 1.8T audi A5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Not a huge amount in the fuel consumption of a luxobarge like that and the likes of a 1.4 mid size hatch. Maybe high 20s v low 40s for similar driving on the move. If you don't do stop start driving too much, do average mileage and have either a small bit of car knowledge or a good mechanic you can run these cars for an additional 20 quid a week in fuel and 30 quid tax over a very standard car.
    That's about 200 a month and I saw another thread people loving the fact you can have a new polo for under 200 on PCP.
    Long live the luxobarge. Just a pity I don't like the 7 series from 02 to 09 as I'm a BMW fan.
    Maybe an s class would float my boat must get a spin in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

So tempted but with the NCT out since September it could potentially be a minefield, with the tax at €150 a month either the car or the owner has issues not to NCT it for €55 :pac:.

I run one of these with identical mileage for last 4 years, albeit the 3.0 straight six petrol, N52. All I've replaced apart from consumables is ball joint and a suspension link at the front, waterpump thermostat, radiator, sunroof seal. All DIY Kerbside Motors.

On the V8 there is a water pipe that runs between the banks of cylinders that can leak but there is a retrofit part replacement that make it not such a big job to fix.

Biggest concern on any of these type of cars is the autobox. It's a powerful engine and the transmission has a lot to cope with if it has been abused but typically first owners of these don't rag them around car parks. I have heard of one going on for 300,000 miles no issues with the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yes to be honest E65 gearbox problems aren't a real issue, that was the first 6 speed automatic by ZF and was used in millions of cars, its a very hardy unit. I had the valley pan coolant pipe replaced, there a number of fixes out there for the same issue but I settled on the Bimmerpipe one which is the least affordable of the lot, but made the most sense to me, it was about €1200 fitted if I recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Was ready to jump on either a IS250, GS300, or GS45H and then found out rear seats don't fold down on any of them so...I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

That's normal for most big barges. I thought it was going to be an inconvenience too, but then I realised that I rarely used it so not that important.

A barge is designed to move business people from a to b in as much comfort as possible. Not move furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

newmember? wrote: »
    Was ready to jump on either a IS250, GS300, or GS45H and then found out rear seats don't fold down on any of them so...I'm out.

I can't think of many saloon cars where the seats fold down.

bear1 wrote: »

Nearly all of them id have thought. Its certainly an issue for me.

mickdw wrote: »
    Nearly all of them id have thought. Its certainly an issue for me.

Off the top of my head the only one that comes to mind is the tempra but even then I'm not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Id say because the IS and GS are hatches he assumed they would have folding seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

ofcork wrote: »
    Id say because the IS and GS are hatches he assumed they would have folding seats.

No they're not.

My 156 didn't have folding back seats. In 3 years of owning it, it was only an issue once I think and I only discovered it 6 months into ownership

They are hatches the gs only became a saloon in the latest model,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I thought the GS was always a saloon.

I always assumed hatch probably the shape learn something new everyday.

Off the top of my head the only one that comes to mind is the tempra but even then I'm not 100%

Am i missing something. We are talking about saloons that have folding rear seats? And you have to go to something as obscure as the fiat tempra for an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Respect to bear1 for even knowing that a 20+ year old obscure fiat had a fold down rear seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Respect to bear1 for even knowing that a 20+ year old obscure fiat had a fold down rear seat.

perhaps it brings back happy memories?

Jesus guys you all went over the top.
    I never said the tempra was luxobarge, I was simply saying that of all saloon cars the only one i can think of which had possibly folding rear seats was the tempra.
    We owned 2 so this is why I'm led to believe this.
    Calm your tits

WTF since when has a Fix It Again Tomorrow car become a barge

Show me where I stated it's a barge?
    It's a barge alright but not a luxobarge

Jesus guys you all went over the top.
    I never said the tempra was luxobarge, I was simply saying that of all saloon cars the only one i can think of which had possibly folding rear seats was the tempra.
    We owned 2 so this is why I'm led to believe this.
    Calm your tits
    Imo it would be the exception not to have folding rear seats.
    Of all the cars ive had, only 1 didnt. That was an alfa.

mickdw wrote: »
    Imo it would be the exception not to have folding rear seats.
    Of all the cars ive had, only 1 didnt. That was an alfa.

That's fine, it's your own thoughts and that's that.
    No relevance to this thread at all at this point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Okay was is the story here - Merc estate 300 taxed as a goods vehicle. I thought they'd put a stop to this - as you can see from the ad the windows and seats are still in place.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-e300-td-2-seat-commercial/16990508

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement