Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

grogi wrote: »
    Sure, but will Joe Spanner let you do cross-check his books?

Unless I can call a garage (or the owner - privacy issues of course) and independently get a printout of all the work done on the car, the receipt is worth only marginally more than tippex.

These are pretty much end of life cars we're talking here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Big Nasty wrote: »
    These are pretty much end of life cars we're talking here.

This conversation started on a 14 year old car selling for 2.5k, not some 2 year old still under warranty. My own car is 12 years old. I'm not paying main dealer money to get it serviced. I'll do that myself. And most of the maintenance and repairs myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

eeguy wrote: »
    This conversation started on a 14 year old car selling for 2.5k, not some 2 year old still under warranty. My own car is 12 years old. I'm not paying main dealer money to get it serviced. I'll do that myself. And most of the maintenance and repairs myself.

Mine is approaching 10 years but i still have receipts for anything i buy. For example, receipt from main dealer oil filter and receipt for 5l of correct oil, marked up with date installed and mileage. All put together from new - makes for a very complete history file.

mickdw wrote: »
    Mine is approaching 10 years but i still have receipts for anything i buy. For example, receipt from main dealer oil filter and receipt for 5l of correct oil, marked up with date installed and mileage. All put together from new - makes for a very complete history file.

Id love to buy cars with such complete history, but you're a rarity. Most I've seen is a stack of tax and nct disks stuck in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

Worse still, one Jag I viewed had a timing belt change tippex'd on the cover. On a chain cam driven engine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

Worse still, one Jag I viewed had a timing belt change tippex'd on the cover. On a chain cam driven engine!!!
    Another version: I bought a saab before that had the service history recorded as follows.
    The mechanic took the cardboard box for the oil filter and opened it out, and wrote on it the mileage and what was done on the car that service, and then put a hole in it, a string through it and attached it under the bonnet, near the strut. There was a dozen of these, different degrees of aging, different ink, different cardboard from different filters, etc.,

I thought it was actually a pretty decent way to do it (obviously folder is nicer but still it felt authentic and kept the information together)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Truckermal wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-450-hybrid/17547775

08 Hybrid with Tax and Test just under budget but all it's worth realistically..
    That's lovely. I can't understand why people don't put mileage in. Only pisses potential buyers off

Mileage is on the photos. 279261km as per photo of of the dash board.

I have strange feeling this car was here already but with a faulty engine:
    Post #6405
    A 08 GS 450H with lots of test and tax for the small sum of 2750 its for nothing..

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/08-lexus-gs-450-hybrid-drive/16513412

Engine problem but still worth a punt.

I didn't see this ad. So I'm only guessing based on available information and dates.

More photos:
    https://www.facebook.com/682591001921192/photos/pcb.777663115747313/777662979080660/?type=3&theater:

h1xyzVXl.jpg

Headgasket gone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I was thinking about 8k....:P

The NCT is out nearly 2 years!

Yep, I rang them about that 600h also.

No documented service history and the guy claimed it had been driven about occasionally.

You would wonder then, why on earth no-one took it for an NCT in that period and got it sold?

I would have serious concerns over the hybrid battery, given that it's been sitting up that long.

Don't think I'd even want it at 8k.

What a waste of a fine car.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Furzy wrote: »

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/genuine-lexus-ls-430-quick-sale/17583020

..... can’t see this one lasting long - asking €2.5k.

IIRC this guy flips a lot of GS450h & LS cars - must work for Lexus or similar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

daRobot wrote: »
    Yep, I rang them about that 600h also.

No documented service history and the guy claimed it had been driven about occasionally.

You would wonder then, why on earth no-one took it for an NCT in that period and got it sold?

I would have serious concerns over the hybrid battery, given that it's been sitting up that long.

Don't think I'd even want it at 8k.

What a waste of a fine car.....

According to the guys on the Forums the 600H is a car to be driven in as opposed to a driver's car! Unfortunately the only time that happens is when the wife collects me in the pub!

The LS460 is just as quick as it's much lighter but yes I agree with everything you said above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

jharr100 wrote: »

Same guy selling both.. using different accounts.. that cls is stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

According to the guys on the Forums the 600H is a car to be driven in as opposed to a driver's car! Unfortunately the only time that happens is when the wife collects me in the pub!

The LS460 is just as quick as it's much lighter but yes I agree with everything you said above!

Yep, and it's got a tiny boot too.

The only advantage is that the 08 LS600 is 1200 euro to tax a year, so it's a little bit more palatable than the full whack. And a little bit more kit, just.

If it weren't for that, the 600h would have not much upside at all.

daRobot wrote: »
    Yep, and it's got a tiny boot too.

The only advantage is that the 08 LS600 is 1200 euro to tax a year, so it's a little bit more palatable than the full whack. And a little bit more kit, just.

If it weren't for that, the 600h would have not much upside at all.

If I was spending that much on a barge it would be something nice like a A8!

Dermot Hughes is looking for mad money for a 07 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Might be slightly below luxobarge, but god do I love these:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s60-r-type/17427424

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-730-diesel-2007/17563915IMAG10101_zpsueypuda4.jpg2IMAG10102_zpsdo7fyw7j.jpg3IMAG10103_zps0q4xv3jz.jpgBMW 730d 2007 165,000 miles nct 10/18 €5,750

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

m17 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-cls-320cdi-new-test/17566106IMAG10109_zps1mmbcuny.jpg2IMAG10108_zps8sr6gdgc.jpg3IMAG10107_zpscjw0qzk1.jpg2007 Mercedes cls 320 229,000kms nct 12/18 €6,850 it's a little over budget but it's not going to break the bank
    For such a big car, sweet fa leg room in the back of those going by the pictures

bidiots wrote: »
    For such a big car, sweet fa leg room in the back of those going by the pictures

Infairness them seats are right back a local company use one for a taxi and I always thought they were big in back saying that I'm not anyway tall.

bidiots wrote: »

Front seats are pushed right back though- saying that, it's not spacious in the way a Skoda Superb is spacious in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

S class is for rear leg room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/-gt-gtlpg-lt-lt-2008-gs300-2990/16348943IMAG10119_zpseu18xzhp.jpg2008 lexus gs300 nct 10/17 220,000 miles €2,990 nct out a few month's but still a good price

LPG isn't supposed to work well in them as they are direct injection, that's for sale a long time now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

S class is for rear leg room
    just bought a LWB one, its one car Id be as happy in the back as in the front, if not more so :D

I also agree with the other comments, I cant believe the rubbish rear leg room in most cars, even the "premium" ones...

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-300/17655513

€1850 for a 05 GS with test, alloys need to a refurb!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-300/17655513

€1850 for a 05 GS with test, alloys need to a refurb!

So does the paint.

Look at pic. 10. He must have p*ssed someone off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Lads would you consider this Mercedes E Class luxobarge?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/merc-e280-3-0-cdi-v6-2007-facelift/17646818

I am considering an E class around 2006 to 2008 to last me 2-3 years. What is the better model, the diesel or petrol for someone who does low miles and short runs.

What known problems should I be looking out for in both diesel and petrol models of this age?

An E-Class isn't a Luxobarge. We're talking full size cars here, think S-Class, 7 Series, A8 and the big Toyota thing! :p

Nothing wrong with an E-Class though. Petrol would suit your mileage better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Big Nasty wrote:
    An E-Class isn't a Luxobarge. We're talking full size cars here, think S-Class, 7 Series, A8 and the big Toyota thing!

Big Nasty wrote:

I would have thought that E Class I posted a link to is equivalent to a GS300?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Big Nasty wrote:
    An E-Class isn't a Luxobarge. We're talking full size cars here, think S-Class, 7 Series, A8 and the big Toyota thing!

Big Nasty wrote:

I would have thought that E Class I posted a link to is equivalent to a GS300?
    It is. The gs appears to qualify for some unknown reason.

LS is the only model that could / should be considered a barge though.

An E-Class, A6, 5 Series, GS are mid size executive saloons. Doesn't take away from them in the least, they are certainly luxo in the right spec but they ain't barges.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8/17571395

Pics are a bit crap. Nct till next January. Tax is out though.

Apologies lads for posting the GS.....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭ofcork

To my mind the gs always seem to me to be more of a barge than an e class 5er or a6 maybe just a bigger car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ofcork wrote: »
    To my mind the gs always seem to me to be more of a barge than an e class 5er or a6 maybe just a bigger car.

It’s not though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Cyrus wrote: »
    It’s not though

lexus-gs-2012.jpg

bmw-serie-5-2013.jpg

mercedes-benz-e-2013.jpg

audi-a6-2011.jpg

Ah here I'm out...

@jayo26 me too Shower of fcuking arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I don't think a GS/e/a6/5 series is a barge, a segment d exec saloon yes, but not a barge.

That said, having turf burning e220d's and 520d's posted in here is not the way to go, however if somebody found a savage deal on an rs6, e550/e63 amg / 550i/M5 etc…. (segment D but with insane spec or massive engine) - it would be welcome here, while not in the normal remit of a barge.

we can be a little bit flexible here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Thread is full of GS. I asked a while ago why they qualify and someone said they are equivalent to a high end 5 series type car and don't have a 2 litre diesel under the bonnet.
    It's probably ok as there's not that many of them out there, they sold in numbers like luxobarge did. If the 5 series, e class and a6 are allowed in they will dominate the thread as there are just so many of them out there for sale, outnumber the GS 10 to 1 I'd say.

Thread is full of GS. I asked a while ago why they qualify and someone said they are equivalent to a high end 5 series type car and don't have a 2 litre diesel under the bonnet.
    It's probably ok as there's not that many of them out there, they sold in numbers like luxobarge did. If the 5 series, e class and a6 are allowed in they will dominate the thread as there are just so many of them out there for sale, outnumber the GS 10 to 1 I'd say.

A petrol V6 and a higher standard spec (you can get a 5/a6 with cloth interior and not much else) puts them in a grey area. I personally don't mind them being here as its only occasional but sure each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't think a GS/e/a6/5 series is a barge, a segment d exec saloon yes, but not a barge.

That said, having turf burning e220d's and 520d's posted in here is not the way to go, however if somebody found a savage deal on an rs6, e550/e63 amg / 550i/M5 etc…. (segment D but with insane spec or massive engine) - it would be welcome here, while not in the normal remit of a barge.

we can be a little bit flexible here.

Segment E no? I think D is 3-series, IS, C-class territory.

Segment E no? I think D is 3-series, IS, C-class territory.

you are correct, my bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

NGM5ODAyYTJjODNjY2YzMGMwNGNhNmIxZGFkMzBlOGGnHSbhvd0vFIIjMH6BCdB5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjIzMDkzM3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Just to diffuse the tension :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-430-only-80k-on-car-like-new/17671758
    short test, on the upside ---->> €1,950

Luxurious barge it is.

Serious value imo. Short test however, if you could negotiate a test into the deal,

Take my money.

MjU5OGU1MmQxMThlYzRjNzc5NDA2YmMzZTAwMmEzYzFStxkzopjURKYm0fomkqvIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjI3MjIyMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€4950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xf-premium-luxury-model-2008/17678117

That is the sexiest car posted in this thread in a long time stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

homer90 wrote: »
    Luxurious barge it is.

Serious value imo. Short test however, if you could negotiate a test into the deal,

Take my money.

MjU5OGU1MmQxMThlYzRjNzc5NDA2YmMzZTAwMmEzYzFStxkzopjURKYm0fomkqvIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjI3MjIyMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€4950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xf-premium-luxury-model-2008/17678117

er not to be a dick :pac: but isnt that just the same as posting GS's, 5 series or A6s, its even the diesel version :(

NjBjNzgxMmZhN2MxNzdjOGRhZWI0N2E0NWZjYjBlNWUTu0FH4Ru_ewB1YP1Ebk1EaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjIxNjQ3NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Service history would need a good going over. A rare sight on there roads, love it for that reason alone !!

€5250.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-phaeton-executive-3-0-tdi-2006/17639759?campaign=3d

[HTML][/HTML]
    Cyrus wrote: »
    er not to be a dick :pac: but isnt that just the same as posting GS's, 5 series or A6s, its even the diesel version :(

Here we go again......:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

[HTML][/HTML]

Here we go again......:mad:

I think that E-Class, a6 and 5-er are just too common. Otherwise they would be fine here as well. A stunning XF, a 550i or A6 V8 would be fine as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

NjBjNzgxMmZhN2MxNzdjOGRhZWI0N2E0NWZjYjBlNWUTu0FH4Ru_ewB1YP1Ebk1EaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjIxNjQ3NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Service history would need a good going over. A rare sight on there roads, love it for that reason alone !!

€5250.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-phaeton-executive-3-0-tdi-2006/17639759?campaign=3d

Pretty sure I saw that bombing up the N7 the other night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement