Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I'm looking for a silver 728 am I mad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Yes. The V8s are better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I was going to use it as my daily car so 728 would be lighter on the pocket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Hootanany wrote: »
    I was going to use it as my daily car so 728 would be lighter on the pocket?
    It is but not as much as you would think. LPG the V8, way cheaper to run than a petrol 728 and nicer in all ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Matt Simis wrote: »
    It is but not as much as you would think. LPG the V8, way cheaper to run than a petrol 728 and nicer in all ways.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740-2002-lwb-2-450/5834460

Though I was told before to never look at a car in Rathmines. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Ick, LPG. I'm sick of reading about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

rovoagho wrote: »

Why? Its much cheaper than petrol and is an ideal solution for luxobarges.

rovoagho wrote: »
    For many the only way to drive a V8 daily. At least the only sensible way, running cost of a 1.9TDI. Was great with my S8 and said to be great on the BMW V8s too.

Its a proper car enthusiast bit of man maths and should it become commonplace it would open up a world of awesome options for people.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    For many the only way to drive a V8 daily. At least the only sensible way, running cost of a 1.9TDI. Was great with my S8 and said to be great on the BMW V8s too.

Its a proper car enthusiast bit of man maths and should it become commonplace it would open up a world of awesome options for people.

Many V8s about in NZ? I heard before that they're common enough in Oz..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Whatya doing in NZ, Mat? Who's looking after the 850csi? I'm free anytime :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

pajor wrote: »
    Many V8s about in NZ? I heard before that they're common enough in Oz..

The Holden Kingswood with 308-inch V8 - weapon of choice for proper Kiwi Blokes who wear engineer's boots and overalls everywhere, including to weddings:

n-photo12.jpg

Sobanek wrote: »
    Whatya doing in NZ, Mat? Who's looking after the 850csi? I'm free anytime :D

See here :P !
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=314368&page=511

Ah, nice. Definitely nicer weather in NZ :)

What about the 850? Did you sell it or is it sitting in a garage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah, nice. Definitely nicer weather in NZ :)

What about the 850? Did you sell it or is it sitting in a garage?

To be honest, from what I heard it isn't a very warm country.
    Possibly the same climate as Ireland?

bear1 wrote: »

You're right!

You learn something new everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nah its much more varied than Ireland. Some places have a temperate climate like Ireland and other areas have a semi tropical climate. Some places get a lot of snow in the winter too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is LPG? I can't recall ever hearing about it outside of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is LPG? I can't recall ever hearing about it outside of this thread.

Liquid petroleum gas

Scortho wrote: »
    Liquified petroleum gas

FYP.

Alternative fuel to be exact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

PrettyBoy wrote: »

LPG = Loose Promiscuous Girls. Get a V8 and you're in LPG territory. High maintenance costs from the outset especially when they give problems. Can potentially cost you a lot of money. Nice to have a ride in at weekends.

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    LPG = Loose Promiscuous Girls. Get a V8 and you're in LPG territory. High maintenance costs from the outset especially when they give problems. Can potentially cost you a lot of money. Nice to have a ride in at weekends.

Thats why a Nissan Micra can never be put onto LPG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Getting back on topic :P

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e39-530i-m-sport-nctd-oct-14/5533835

Spotted this on another thread here, think it is worth a mention

Looks a good example of an e39 to me.

^Love those M Parallels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Thats why a Nissan Micra can never be put onto LPG :D

No. The Micra would be more LGBT. :D

^Love those M Parallels.

Probably worth a fair chunk of the asking too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Now this I like, Mercedes S280 2.8 Automatic with Full Leather, Heated Seats, Auto Lights for €2250.

Full-21278504.jpegFull-21278495.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/s280-mercedes-2000/5300967

advertsfox wrote: »
    Now this I like, Mercedes S280 2.8 Automatic with Full Leather, Heated Seats, Auto Lights for €2250.

Full-21278504.jpegFull-21278495.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/s280-mercedes-2000/5300967

280,000 Miles
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

280,000 Miles
    :eek:

NCT out as well

furtzy wrote: »
    NCT out as well
    Ah I thought it was 14 - mileage got that far, I'd say it could handle plenty more ;)

Ah I thought it was 14 - mileage got that far, I'd say it could handle plenty more ;)

NCT is just up as well so wonder is he afraid to put it through again ;)

• Advertisement

furtzy wrote: »
    NCT is just up as well so wonder is he afraid to put it through again ;)
    And it's taxed until September 2014 so they have paid €1443 too!

And it's taxed until September 2014 so they have paid €1443 too!

Is it a taxi tax?

Is it a taxi tax?
    Cheeky bugger, just checked his reg and it is down as a taxi. He never states that in his ad! :rolleyes:

Cheeky bugger, just checked his reg and it is down as a taxi. He never states that in his ad! :rolleyes:

An S Class with intergalactic mileage usually is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

+ 1.

Anyway, look at the economics.

A €2250 car, probably drive away for €2k, new tyres, serviced, minus a years tax €1400 (public rate) = An S-class for just €600 for the year.

If it breaks down after a year and is an expensive fix, just scrap it.

Sure 280k is nothing on one of them engines anyway.
    I'd love it, would prefer an s600 though. Have only seen one s600 of that model for sale and it is horrendously overpriced, something like 10k for a '00

They hardly ever do!

pajor wrote: »
    They hardly ever do!
    But sure once it's taxed it's taxed

If I bought a car with 12 months psv tax sure I'm hardly going to go retax it!

Oh I know.

(Pardon my ignorance) But could there not be insurance complications because of PSV tax? Or does it mean jack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Isn't the tax invalid unless its being driven as a psv?
    Might as well have no tax.

Totally going off topic...its a psv tax post?

I have a neighbour who has an jaguar xk8 taxed as a public service vehicle. Tax for the year is 98 euro.
    Anyone know how this works?
    Its not big enough to be a limo and it certainly aint doing the rounds as a taxi or hackney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think €2200+ is a bit rich, with that mileage it's essentially worth nothing. You could pick one up for not much more with half the miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

jharr100 wrote: »
    Isn't the tax invalid unless its being driven as a psv?
    Might as well have no tax.

Except for APNR purposes, traffic wardens and sleepy non traffic corps guards , so a lot more useful than no tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Totally going off topic...its a psv tax post?

I have a neighbour who has an jaguar xk8 taxed as a public service vehicle. Tax for the year is 98 euro.
    Anyone know how this works?
    Its not big enough to be a limo and it certainly aint doing the rounds as a taxi or hackney.

Not possible. Potential psvs have to be examined by the NCT centre to prove suitability and there's a pre-approved list on the taxi regulator so a 2 door coupe certainly isn't gonna pass.
    Cars like the Alfa 156 and Seat Leon can't be used due to the "hidden" rear door handles.
    So if its true, he's got a false disc in the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I think €2200+ is a bit rich, with that mileage it's essentially worth nothing. You could pick one up for not much more with half the miles.

Mileage means nothing, it's the condition and how well it's been minded that's important.

The mileage on a car like that would in no way turn me off looking at it. That said the fact that that very one has no NCT means I wouldn't go after that particular one.

Give me a well minded, well cared for 300,000 miles + car anyday over a 100,000 miles yoke that only has it's hood lifted at the NCT centre once a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

You miss my point, I agree mileage doesn't usually matter as long as it's cared for, but there's nothing exceptional about those V6s/transmissions that i'm aware. Why drop over €2000 on one with 280,000 miles which could be about to pop the clogs, when you can hold out for one with half the miles for a grand more?

EDIT: Or less: http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-class-00-1owner-nct-mint/5256451

You miss my point, I agree mileage doesn't usually matter as long as it's cared for, but there's nothing exceptional about those V6s that i'm aware. Why drop over €2000 on one with 280,000 miles which could be about to pop the clogs, when you can hold out for one with half the miles for a grand more?

EDIT: Or less: http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-class-00-1owner-nct-mint/5256451

Novelty value? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430-2-owner/4777994

I'm circling these big Lexii. This one looks interesting, tax paid apparently.

Question though

Full-18582806.jpeg

Is that sitting very low at the back? Does the air suspension in these tend to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

kevpants wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls430-2-owner/4777994

I'm circling these big Lexii. This one looks interesting, tax paid apparently.

Question though

Full-18582806.jpeg

Is that sitting very low at the back? Does the air suspension in these tend to go?

That has been for sale for an age now. He mentioned in an ad ages ago that there was a problem with the air suspension, so either he's fixed it, or is now omitting it purposely.

It's the only weak point on the cars. It's not insane money (600 per corner for parts only) but considering all the cars on the market have 100k ish on the clock, try and find one that's had them replaced (as I fortunately did)

I always wondered on those S-classes what was that pulse thing on both front seats?
    I test drove an S320 petrol about a month and it was a lovely thing to go, power on the off.
    I cant seem to find a version identical to it though (albeit a diesel) :(
    It had the pulse thing, tv/sat nav and rear heated seats, xenon etc etc, almost handed the cash over until I realised that pure cost of running it would cripple me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement