Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

Great bus if the oil cooler seals have been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the steering wheel cover makes me suspicious, probably horrifically discoloured underneath.

the steering wheel cover makes me suspicious, probably horrifically discoloured underneath.

It is, with some stitching burst on it also. Easy fix:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/302471899538

JayZeus wrote: »
    It is, with some stitching burst on it also. Easy fix:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/302471899538

I love the different grades they do, sport up your ultimate old man mobile with the beige race wheel : https://www.ebay.de/itm/323085594455

I've seen a wheel that was done by them before on a friends 2011 Audi A6. The stock wheel is really disappointing but they did a great job on it. Thumb/Palm mouldings added, thickened it a little and perfect attention to detail on the stitching and finishing. You would think it was factory stuff. Such a simple thing to have done but made a savage difference. 13,000 customers and 100% positive feedback. Not a surprise!

• Advertisement

JayZeus wrote: »
    I've seen a wheel that was done by them before on a friends 2011 Audi A6. The stock wheel is really disappointing but they did a great job on it. Thumb/Palm mouldings added, thickened it a little and perfect attention to detail on the stitching and finishing. You would think it was factory stuff. Such a simple thing to have done but made a savage difference. 13,000 customers and 100% positive feedback. Not a surprise!

https://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Lenkrad-E36-E38-E39-E46-E53-E83-X3-X5-Neu-Beziehen-Daumenauflagen-44495/301858793477?fits=Platform%3AE38&hash=item46482fa805:g:coQAAOSwGotWqPqB

yeah, I definitely think they'll be getting another customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

What 530i do you have? Potentially in the market for one

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

06 645 @ 5450. to my mind is expensive, but fairly sure it could be got below 5k
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-6-series-645ci/18390396?campaign=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I think thats pretty basic spec-wise.

Still impressive looking cars though.

Would a 6 cylinder suffice in one of those? Plenty of nice looking 630s for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I think thats pretty basic spec-wise.

Still impressive looking cars though.

Would a 6 cylinder suffice in one of those? Plenty of nice looking 630s for sale

Well at least he ticked the most important option, v8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

My bro just bought 04 645 private sale. 110 k miles. M sport. Sunroof. Paid e4k. Very sound seller and car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The trouble isn't buying them, it's insuring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Big Nasty wrote: »
    The trouble isn't buying them, it's insuring them.

And maintenance costs don't depreciate on them either (it was the guts of €100k new)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Plus BMW's of that era's electrical issues

mullingar wrote: »
    Plus BMW's of that era's electrical issues
    He just did oil change himself tonight. Took forty mins. Insurance was same price as it would have been on his 2005 325ci, 1k. I insured myself on a s500 ie 5641cc. Cost e80 more for the year than my 2003 325ci. No comparison in terms of bang for buck there. Lol!

You can get parts for nothing on eBay if needed. He is also very handy with cars. If we can’t do it, we know mechanics who do the work for peanuts ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

^^ What insurance company is that out of curiosity?

^^ What insurance company is that out of curiosity?
    123.ie for me. Axa for the bro I think. A few years back for 3rd party, I was paying e290 year on a 2003 325ci. I’d have been 30 years of age or thereabouts ...

123? Could have sworn I rang them several times over the last few years and they wouldn't touch anything over 4 litre, bizarre.

123? Could have sworn I rang them several times over the last few years and they wouldn't touch anything over 4 litre, bizarre.
    they only gave me a quote as I was an existing customer for years, with no claims and they said as much. Id probably have been laughed off the phone otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-class-s320-cdi-nct-and-tax/18509472
    IMAG12108_zpszuo2wpfm.jpeg
    IMAG12109_zpslcjlg1yq.jpeg
    2006 Mercedes s class 190,000 miles nct 07/18 taxed 07/18 €5,250

They're still such a modern design, probably the most fresh looking of any car of that age in that segment. Take the plates off and your average joe wouldn't have a clue it was 12 years old.
    Still, serious miles and you'd want to know your merc diagnostics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Old Skool.

S280. NCT 02/19. Full tax was paid last time out which is usually a good sign. No tax left on it now.

2nd generation of this model, so minor quibbles sorted. Model ran until 1998 so last of the truly over engineered Mercs. Asking €4,000, should be able to knock €500 off that easily enough. Probably a UK import judging by the Reg plate.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-mercedes-benz-s-class-s280-93-98-04dr-a/15435865

MmMwYWFlOGIxZGIwNjNmNTg4NTU5MWQwZWY4YjI0ZDW6qaEXEFiUTf-VN3YP_w8KaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDgxODA5NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

lower tier engine (not the s500 or s600) , not an amazing spec and you can get a 2006 one for that kind of money which is 2 generations newer , way overpriced Imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,468 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They're still such a modern design, probably the most fresh looking of any car of that age in that segment. Take the plates off and your average joe wouldn't have a clue it was 12 years old.

I still cant quite believe that this model has gone down to around 5k.
    I sometimes think one of those is all the car anyone should need. A good one with low mileage for abit more money would last years and years if looked after and considering the low depreciation you would suffer, it should be easy enough to look after it.

put the facelift lights on them and dear god they look incredible in my opinion! I wouldnt get one that wasnt LWB... I honestly prefer them to the newer looking s class, in the facelift guise...

test drove this a while ago. But I really wanted it black and in LWB ...So held out and am so glad that I did! But it is a gorgeous car, so well cared for and a 24 month warranty from a reputable garage!!!

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mercedes-benz/s-class/used-2006-mercedes-benz-s-class-s-westmeath-fpa-7983719878032523417

mickdw wrote: »
    I sometimes think one of those is all the car anyone should need. A good one with low mileage for abit more money would last years and years if looked after and considering the low depreciation you would suffer, it should be easy enough to look after it.

I always go on about it, but we rented one back in 2011 in Germany, an S320 just like above. The brakes were startlingly bad, braking from 250kph and they turned to chocolate. Built for the Autobahn indeed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

m17 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-class-s320-cdi-nct-and-tax/18509472
    IMAG12108_zpszuo2wpfm.jpeg
    IMAG12109_zpslcjlg1yq.jpeg
    2006 Mercedes s class 190,000 miles nct 07/18 taxed 07/18 €5,250

Maybe it's my phone.. but are those halogens? I'd have thought such a car would have xenons as standard.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »

I always go on about it, but we rented one back in 2011 in Germany, an S320 just like above. The brakes were startlingly bad, braking from 250kph and they turned to chocolate. Built for the Autobahn indeed...

That surprises me greatly. You must have been repeatedly stopping from those speeds to boil the brakes surely.

That's what you'd think, but up until that point we were just cruising at 130ish, decided to see how far she'd get and put the pedal the the metal. Some chap pulled out about 100 metres up ahead and we hit the brakes, the car just would not slow down, foot mashed to the floor, it was a very close call. Wasn't about perception either, ie the car was slowing and it just didnt feel like it, the brakes faded after a few seconds at that speed.

That's what you'd think, but up until that point we were just cruising at 130ish, decided to see how far she'd get and put the pedal the the metal. Some chap pulled out about 100 metres up ahead and we hit the brakes, the car just would not slow down, foot mashed to the floor, it was a very close call. Wasn't about perception either, ie the car was slowing and it just didnt feel like it, the brakes faded after a few seconds at that speed.

could have just been that one, I drove an s500 when I was looking at cars in November 2016 and gave it a bit of a spirited drive around the hills of sandyford, found it very responsive and even ended up stopping short a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Idbatterim wrote: »
    test drove this a while ago. But I really wanted it black and in LWB ...So held out and am so glad that I did! But it is a gorgeous car, so well cared for and a 24 month warranty from a reputable garage!!!

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mercedes-benz/s-class/used-2006-mercedes-benz-s-class-s-westmeath-fpa-7983719878032523417

Looks like a pod of dolphins gave their lives to upholster that car. :D

I hate grey leather..:P

Has to be something amiss. Could it have had brand new pads or something that were not bedded in. I know it 150 mph but still.

I'd say so, or low quality replacements, I can't see it being anywhere near normal on an s-class.

• Advertisement

Looks like a pod of dolphins gave their lives to upholster that car. :D

I hate grey leather..:P

yeah I am also not a big fan of the grey interior... the car I purchased is black with cream interior :)

That is very tempting

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I must be looking at that car for a good year or more. Different pics, price keeps dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Am i the only one who can't open the link?
    The drivers seats looks fair worn.

• Advertisement

Ad is withdrawn now

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s350-new-nct-/18551024
    IMAG12131_zpsjgzioame.jpeg
    IMAG121230_zpsdwhb6tek.jpeg
    IMAG12132_zpsxjcuwwji.jpeg
    2006 Mercedes s class s350 104,000 miles nct 02/19 €6,300 it's a little over budget but it's not going to break the bank that amg kit and those 20" alloys are the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Nice find. Bargain, just be wary the tax is out next month Do you get the Hannah Montana cushion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

2006 Mercedes s class s350 104,000 miles nct 02/19 €6,300 it's a little over budget but it's not going to break the bank that amg kit and those 20" alloys are the business

''2nd owner a doctor'' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

rizzee wrote: »
    ''2nd owner a doctor'' :rolleyes:

The first one must have been the bishop...

Who said the E65 steering wheel was ugly; that thing in the merc is horrendous!

Nice car all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'd like a s350 but a bluetec with the cheap tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s350-new-nct-/18551024

"left bai.j.,abs sens.bef.nct,nice,clean cond.,286bhp,el.seats,leath.,xen.,distr.,tel.,cd chan."

:confused:

Are Donedeal charging by the letter these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Is that a whooping big crack on the front bumper?
    It would explain the lack of decent pictures of the front of it.

Is that a whooping big crack on the front bumper?
    It would explain the lack of decent pictures of the front of it.

AMG body kit, they're 'vents'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement