Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Truckermal wrote: »
    I'll be phoning him later.
    Viewing this later :D

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-lexus-ls460-nct-11-19-tax-8-19-automatic/21916751

NWNiMjA2OWQ0ZDA5NjIxODYyMjU0NzRmNGRkZWYwMTejymaMvveenRz__pox-rRMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjQ4OTYzMzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

€2950! With a decent bit of tax and test

Someone get it bought

Savage. I was curious about insurance costs so did a check online ..... 475!!!! I reckon I'm going to look at a luxobarge for my next car toward the end of the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

h3000 wrote: »
    FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! ;)
    I called him (polish chap I think by the accent) earlier and am viewing it later too.
    I think he was surprised at the level of interest tbh

Will be heading in approx 10 mins with cash in hand to buy (if it's still there and all checks out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ELM327 wrote: »
    I called him (polish chap I think by the accent) earlier and am viewing it later too.
    I think he was surprised at the level of interest tbh

Will be heading in approx 10 mins with cash in hand to buy (if it's still there and all checks out)

It will be a Boards Motors meet at this stage

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

€511 tax a quarter.Sweet baby jeybus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You'd think Western Motors could cover up their trade sales a bit better though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I'm sitting in it heading home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

You'd think Western Motors could cover up their trade sales a bit better though :pac:

Hehe.Big VW sign in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Well wear. Brilliant reg too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah, pity about the county though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

well wear, thats a serious amount of car for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Well wear Mal, some car for the money.

I definitely owe the Duke a few Beers for finding that, beautiful car but needs a serious makeover inside and out but luckily by the Grace of God I'm well equipped with Detailing products!

Serious power though and no lag in power for a NA Car!

well wear, thats a serious amount of car for the money.

I got it for €2450 after a haggle and as for the tax I gave up the Pub so I'm saving 70 quid a week.

Holy jaysus that was some bargain. Get a project thread up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I got it for €2450 after a haggle and as for the tax I gave up the Pub so I'm saving 70 quid a week.

Were you wearing a balaclava :D

Sweet looking motor, you have to literally drop everything when they come up at that price. I wouldn't worry about the tax with that level of luxury, it's a different world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sweet ride, you will be able to block out the plebs with the Mark Levinson 19 speaker system. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

pah wrote: »
    Savage. I was curious about insurance costs so did a check online ..... 475!!!! I reckon I'm going to look at a luxobarge for my next car toward the end of the summer

If you think that price is indicative of 10+ year old luxobarge insurance, you're in for a shock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

If you think that price is indicative of 10+ year old luxobarge insurance, you're in for a shock!

I've plugged a few different barges into the quote system ask coming back under 500 quid. A 730D and a 5.0 litre CLS

Super Valu insurance, strange as my 06 Lexus is250 was €560 to insure last October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

You spiked my interest, so plugged in my 740 to supervalu, €1650 with a silly excess and i'm max NCB etc. Those prices you're getting certainly aren't the norm, ask anyone on here with a big petrol. That's bizzarely cheap for a CLS V8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yeah, pity about the county though :P

Could be worse 07 OY 2007 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

FWIW I pay €630 with the AA on a 2006 RX 400h.

28 years accident free, 8 years NCB in my own name, 5 years company car driver before that. Never had points or convictions.

Dublin 3, parked on the street, alarm and immobiliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well wear Mal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I missed that during my ogling. Serious amount of car there for that cash.

What was it? Ad now gone!

Congrats Mal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice work Mal! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

There'll be some serious **** now when the other posters come back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Well wear Mal, didn't go in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

bear1 wrote: »
    There'll be some serious **** now when the other posters come back :D

TruckerMal = f**kermal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I missed that during my ogling. Serious amount of car there for that cash.

What was it? Ad now gone!

Congrats Mal!

Lexus LS460 of 2007 vintage I think

Old diesel wrote: »
    Lexus LS460 of 2007 vintage I think

Sorry. I know what car it was. Had several perves on it.

It was the reg that I was interested in.

07-C-....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Sorry. I know what car it was. Had several perves on it.

It was the reg that I was interested in.

07-C-....
    07-C-2007

Thanks. The relief!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-300/21960293

YTE2ZGMyYzliNmFjZWFlM2U4MWQ5ZGNjMWQ4ZjhhMTjgTQ8kA92Jo4fSGFHbJq67aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjUyMTM4MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Familiar looking car, bargain entry into 'barging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

YTE2ZGMyYzliNmFjZWFlM2U4MWQ5ZGNjMWQ4ZjhhMTjgTQ8kA92Jo4fSGFHbJq67aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjUyMTM4MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

i believe the owner may have gone up to an ls460 recently.

That is lovely

Good luck with sale....love this bit "I am a Car enthusiast so anything it needs is purchased immediately like....Alternator refurbished " :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Augeo wrote: »
    Good luck with sale....love this bit "I am a Car enthusiast so anything it needs is purchased immediately like....Alternator refurbished " :pac:
    Got rid of the refurb and it's since got a new one. Immediately means immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I sold that to Truckermal four years ago and I can honestly say it's looking even better now than then! Former Lexus Ireland car BTW - spent its first few years being looked after by a single mechanic at their HQ garage getting pampered, even down to diff oil changes. Bought by one of their staff then for a couple of years before I bought it from a Lexus dealer. I had it for five years and then Truckermal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

My brother had an LS430 in that same colour combination. (Although the dash is black on the GS)

It's a colour combination that will work even better in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Forgot to point out as well that sat nav is a very rare option on the Executive spec GS of that generation -most of them are missing a couple of buttons which looks awful once you're aware of it; this one has the full set. Wooden wheel and gearknob were also expensive options - circa €1k IIRC.

edit: has heated and ventilated seats too. 6 CD changer. Superb sound system (I still miss this!). And goes like a ****ing train if you bury your right foot to the kickdown button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Forgot to point out as well that sat nav is a very rare option on the Executive spec GS of that generation -most of them are missing a couple of buttons which looks awful once you're aware of it; this one has the full set. Wooden wheel and gearknob were also expensive options - circa €1k IIRC.

edit: has heated and ventilated seats too. 6 CD changer. Superb sound system (I still miss this!). And goes like a ****ing train if you bury your right foot to the kickdown button.

You should buy it back!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

*checks account*
    *hovers around the savings button*
    *grunts and sighs*
    *logs off*

:(

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-cl500-new-shape-2007/21007604

MGIxNTlhYTAzMmVhOWIzN2QxMTBiZDYyNmE1ZWNkOTg9ggLf5MAptBL1PwylEwtQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTgwNzM3NTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I know its a bit over the traditional luxobarge budget but this seems like a lot of car for €9k

That's something else really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely car. 1809 tax is obscene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Anything over 3L is 1809. Night aswell get something proper big if going over 3L. Also the tax for it if it were an 08+ would be e2350. Typical Irish begrudgement must dictate the rates here ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

lawred2 wrote: »
    Lovely car. 1809 tax is obscene

Nah ... be grand ... if you never have driven a car with a proper engine, you have not lived ...

I wouldn't dare selling my E39 M5 .... 5l V8 goodness with well beyond the original 400bhp. That's when it becomes smiles per miles .. nevermind the motortax.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Marlow wrote: »
    Nah ... be grand ... if you never have driven a car with a proper engine, you have not lived ...

I wouldn't dare selling my E39 M5 .... 5l V8 goodness with well beyond the original 400bhp. That's when it becomes smiles per miles .. nevermind the motortax.

/M

Incalculably jealous, that car has been on my wish list for about 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-cl500-new-shape-2007/21007604

MGIxNTlhYTAzMmVhOWIzN2QxMTBiZDYyNmE1ZWNkOTg9ggLf5MAptBL1PwylEwtQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTgwNzM3NTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I know its a bit over the traditional luxobarge budget but this seems like a lot of car for €9k

I'm actually looking to change my 215 for a 216 pretty soon. If anyone is interested in a properly maintained 215, let me know. The only problem with buying a +10 year old one of these is that certain parts will need replacing and they aren't cheap. In the 3 years I've had the CL I've spent roughly:

€15,000 petrol
    €12,000 servicing
    €2,000 tyres
    €5,500 tax

Mad maybe, but I still feel the thrill each time I push the start button.
    The 216 has 388 bhp, the 215 308

It does look like this and sounds like a Rhinoceros having an orgasm

IMG_9034.jpg

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking to change my 215 for a 216 pretty soon. If anyone is interested in a properly maintained 215, let me know. The only problem with buying a +10 year old one of these is that certain parts will need replacing and they aren't cheap. In the 3 years I've had the CL I've spent roughly:

€15,000 petrol
    €12,000 servicing
    €2,000 tyres
    €5,500 tax

Mad maybe, but I still feel the thrill each time I push the start button.
    The 216 has 388 bhp, the 215 308

It does look like this and sounds like a Rhinoceros having an orgasm

IMG_9034.jpg

Could I ask for a rough breakdown of the servicing charges and mileage?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement