Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems way too cheap for a UK car, of that spec they would go for good money there, I'd be airing on possible scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Seems way too cheap for a UK car, of that spec they would go for good money there, I'd be airing on possible scam.

Seller has three other ads up. What would the scam be do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I sold an 06 730d with similar (but better) spec yesterday for €2700. Years test with no advisories, 2 months tax

They're lovely cars but I dare say almost all of them at this stage are getting a bit tired..

(excluding yours Voodoomelon!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seller has three other ads up. What would the scam be do you think?

Possibly that the cars don't exist and buyer would transfer cash pre viewing to then never get the goods. The 2008 A6 they are selling is a poverty spec model but I'd still think that is far too cheap at £1700.

Possibly that the cars don't exist and buyer would transfer cash pre viewing to then never get the goods. The 2008 A6 they are selling is a poverty spec model but I'd still think that is far too cheap at £1700.

The A7 looks a bit ropey but seems very cheap too does it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Does seem a bit too good to be true. You'd have to ask though wouldn't you, it's bloody lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A great colour combo.

But these lines are a bit baffling, hard to make out what the owner means:

-Owner 1 from new most UK Mileage with
    -Looks and drive like done 50K drive NEW
    -Drive like brand new after service new oil

No mention at all of any of the major issues that affect the N62 being sorted, valley pan coolant pipe, stem seals, alt bracket gasket, chain guides. Four of them alone could give you a €4000 repair bill. At 160k miles, it could be a time bomb.

For £2000 it would be a nice parts car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

A great colour combo.

No mention at all of any of the major issues that affect the N62 being sorted, valley pan coolant pipe, stem seals, alt bracket gasket, chain guides. Four of them alone could give you a €4000 repair bill. At 160k miles, it could be a time bomb.

It reads a bit like those emails from my long lost African cousin who won the lottery. I'm still waiting for my money, I only had to send him €10K to release the 20million he had in funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

A7 is too cheap. Gotta be dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A great colour combo.

the syntax suggests its somebody from eastern europe, slavic languages are ordered differently, wouldnt put me off too much but yeah you'd want to confirm the vally pan pipe, stem seals and chain has been done.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I bought an original Irish mk2 golf Gti from the seller, he is a gentleman who spends thousands on car maintenance,

would recommend that c6 supposed to be the best in entire country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's gorgeous.

Those bloody yokes just will not come down in price anywhere!

davycc wrote: »
    I bought an original Irish mk2 golf Gti from the seller, he is a gentleman who spends thousands on car maintenance,

Hah, yeah I know the seller too (met him once or twice..) and he certainly knows his stuff. If I had the cash I’d certainly take the risk with the C6!

Hah, yeah I know the seller too (met him once or twice..) and he certainly knows his stuff. If I had the cash I’d certainly take the risk with the C6!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-745-v8/22691025

MDhmYTAyMTdmOTU2YzcyOWJjNDMwNDcwNDdhZWIxYmEhSAJlE4TIv4JC022vLfnIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA0NDA5Mzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seems like a well sorted 745 with nice enough spec, €4200

Bit pricey for a pre facelift?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-745-v8/22691025

MDhmYTAyMTdmOTU2YzcyOWJjNDMwNDcwNDdhZWIxYmEhSAJlE4TIv4JC022vLfnIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzA0NDA5Mzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seems like a well sorted 745 with nice enough spec, €4200

Bit pricey for a pre facelift?

Surely the number 1 rule of selling a prefacelift should be "Don't park it beside a facelift" :D

millington wrote: »
    Surely the number 1 rule of selling a prefacelift should be "Don't park it beside a facelift" :D

unless its a sneaky upsell and you get there and go "damn that one looks so much nicer" "10 grand" deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think it would be hard to argue the case for that early e65 vs a well specced m sport e38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Wow, that's a long time ago. Did you keep the Gti?

That's gorgeous.

Those bloody yokes just will not come down in price anywhere!

Reason is I spent 3k on the gearbox alone making it the best one out there. Dolphin Motors has three with faulty gearboxes. A mixture of valve body and torque converter. Mine has had both replaced.

I know that E65 seller well, literally no one else in the country knows more about them than he does, i'm sure its well sorted.

if he ever feels like that 760Li isn't for him anymore, give me a shout

I remember that 760 on Donedeal a few weeks ago, think its an ex-McManus car

if he ever feels like that 760Li isn't for him anymore, give me a shout

If you want a V12 in your life there's always this..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-s-class-mercedes-benz-s600-l-v12/22526758

ZGQ4Mzc5OWRiYzg1ZmU2NGE3MGE0MjAxN2RkZjEzMWNiPCzmNeuvILnbplhEUquDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjkyNTM2NDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I know that E65 seller well, literally no one else in the country knows more about them than he does, i'm sure its well sorted.

accelera tyres :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I just deleted my post above as its not the guy I know at all! Just messaged the lad I do, had a laugh about it, they have the same cars as each other. I don't know that seller at all.

It seems a bit pedantic but if it was 15k , black with the cream then yeah. Been looking at that gen S class, love it but don't like that blue with the black interior combo and think its overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

yeah the S600 is great, but it will be double the cost of an S500 (which is what I have) I also wouldnt get one that wasnt LWB, agreed about the colour combo, dont like it at all... I have black and cream interior. The s350 you are getting done full whack on tax anyway, S500 is the one to go for in my opinion. Also you are paying a lot for the car, fuel will be mad and tax we know. Id honestly want a car that looked a fair bit better than that, given the running costs!

alloys awful, not a fan of the reg, Id be putting on facelift lights all over too...

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    yeah the S600 is great, but it will be double the cost of an S500 (which is what I have) I also wouldnt get one that wasnt LWB, agreed about the colour combo, dont like it at all... I have black and cream interior. The s350 you are getting done full whack on tax anyway, S500 is the one to go for in my opinion. Also you are paying a lot for the car, fuel will be mad and tax we know. Id honestly want a car that looked a fair bit better than that, given the running costs!

alloys awful, not a fan of the reg, Id be putting on facelift lights all over too...

the S500 is the happiest compromise in the group. Agree about the wheels, not a fan at all. Those cars look so much fresher with minor facelifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Only thing with that generation S class & the E65 BMWs is the dash is so dated

the S500 is the happiest compromise in the group. Agree about the wheels, not a fan at all. Those cars look so much fresher with minor facelifting.

far better off buying a facelift 4.7 turbo 2011-2012 car, import from the uk, 0-100 wont be far off, I know its not all about speed :rolleyes: tax is E1200 for them I believe, they have 400+ bhp... I think they do 0-100 in 4.7, my S500 is 5.5...

on a side note, how nose heavy must an s600 be?!

Nearly had a heart attack thinking that was under 5k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nearly had a heart attack thinking that was under 5k!

Same here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lovely. No point unless you had a PSV license tho.

The newer s500 is the 1200 rate on emissions , sits just right below threshold for the e2350. You get outrageous power, 435 bhp twin turbo and for e1200 , it’s actually pretty good value, given our laughable motor tax set up here.

Now reduced to 4999

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Now reduced to 4999

For anyone wondering, he's talking about the Citroen on the previous page

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c6-2007-beautiful-condition-fully-sorted-/22592631

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Someone here buy that Citroen please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

LariToper wrote: »
    For anyone wondering, he's talking about the Citroen on the previous page

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c6-2007-beautiful-condition-fully-sorted-/22592631
    Thanks Lari.There was me getting the suit out of the pawn to head down to the credit union, to explain how I needed €5 K to bury me 3rd. granda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

colm_mcm wrote: »

It's in the boardsies advertised cars for sale too, so probably a further boards discount too :cool:

colm_mcm wrote: »

If I wasn't going to the RWC I would have already bought it.

Is it not seriously high mileage for a Citroen or am I mistaken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

MarkN wrote: »
    Is it not seriously high mileage for a Citroen or am I mistaken?

Hardly for a 13 year old diesel!

I more meant in the context of handing over 5k for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

MarkN wrote: »
    I more meant in the context of handing over 5k for it!

That's an old car and old cars have problems regardless of the mileage. I would rather handing some for 'high mileage high maintenance standard' one than 'low mileage low spending owner'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Cheeky edit :D

Why do people make comments like this which may impact on somebody else's ability to sell their car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Why do people make comments like this which may impact on somebody else's ability to sell their car?

I think he's poking fun at all "old cars" and all Citroëns to be honest. I wouldn't take it personally :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement