Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

enviro wrote: »
    Really?

Almost. Vintage tax is €56.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Good to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Well I did it. I own this now.

no-image-large.gif

The dealer messed up the mileage on the carzone add. The mileage listing of 79k was kms, so it only has 49k miles. No one has ever sat in the back, like ever. The pile on the carpet is still fresh and the boot extension flap still has the original factory plastic over it that you're meant to rip off first time you use it.

Got a lot of discount, you can really haggle with these cars.

In summary.

randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks great, well wear. Look forward to seeing more pics of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Well wear! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Well wear. Lovely colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Beauty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Pure luxury, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Beautiful car, well wear!
    Proper example of luxobarge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

very nice interior, saw the ad on hogans/galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,883 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear - V8 goodness luxobarging FTW :cool:

I hope you did get a good bit off, the asking price of €7,950 was crazy :eek:

You gonna LPG it? What's your annual mileage?

unkel wrote: »

I hope you did get a good bit off, the asking price of €5,750 was crazy :eek:

Thats not the same car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Awesome Kev! I was hoping you'd go for the facelift in the end.

That's some seriously low mileage too!

Well wear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Thats not the same car?

yeah it is the other 430 for sale a 2004 one, that is the 2003 one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,883 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thats not the same car?

My bad, clicked on the wrong one. My post is now fixed.

unkel wrote: »

I hope you did get a good bit off, the asking price of €5,750 was crazy :eek:

That's a different car, they get a few since they used to own the Lexus garage next door and seem to get repeat customers. Rehousing retired directors out of their Lexibarges into i40s by the looks of it.

LPG isn't an option and I'm going to drive it with every conceivable electrical doohickey on at all times (think alternating heated and cooled seats) for I am the recipient of a company fuel card. Topaz will give me MANY free air fresheners over the coming years.

Yaaay, boo to LPG! :)

Cant understand what kinda company would give you a fuel card and let you buy a 4.3 petrol then :p

Cant understand what kinda company would give you a fuel card and let you buy a 4.3 petrol then :p

The kind of company I need to work for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

well done youll enjoy the ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

was looking at this earlier on carzone lads, surely it cant be legit, I know the market is gone to **** for these kind of cars, but no way can you get that kind of car i.e. a facelift 750 with non ridiculous mileage or without some problem for 8k?!!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/7-Series/750-I-SP/201342219053574/advert?channel=CARS

Idbatterim wrote: »
    was looking at this earlier on carzone lads, surely it cant be legit, I know the market is gone to **** for these kind of cars, but no way can you get that kind of car i.e. a facelift 750 with non ridiculous mileage or without some problem for 8k?!!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/7-Series/750-I-SP/201342219053574/advert?channel=CARS

It's not even at the bottom end of the market :pac:

This car:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/other-bmw/2005-bmw-750i-sport/2510046

That the next owner sold a few months later, was up for 6k.

It may have had a problem by then, but it was a really good example when I viewed it in Deerpark motors, a few months previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Idbatterim wrote: »

There was a black 750 with the same style 95 alloys for sale at that same location for over a year, about a year ago, so i'm assuming it's the same car. Seller may have taken it off the market, only to stick it back up.

No comfort seats though, infuriating in a 750!

EDIT: See the blurb at the bottom, it's been sitting up for 9 months so the same car. I seem to remember it being €12k+.

Some companies will just give you mileage which leaves it up to you to get something economical or not. On the flip side if it's allowance + card they really just keep an eye out for someone who is going over the top with the card which could also indicate they're fueling the wife's and their mates cars with it.

If you're doing big miles you'll go for the company car, or you'll spend all your money fixing and servicing your own car.

So if you'red doing a relatively small amount of mileage it won't ring any alarm bells.

One colleague had an rx8 a few years ago, drove it like it was coming under heavy helicopter fire as well. Was getting like 12 mpg out of it. Another had an old 911.

Once you get the kids though the only legitimate way to take the piss is a luxo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

kevpants wrote: »
    Some companies will just give you mileage which leaves it up to you to get something economical or not. On the flip side if it's allowance + card they really just keep an eye out for someone who is going over the top with the card which could also indicate they're fueling the wife's and their mates cars with it.

If you're doing big miles you'll go for the company car, or you'll spend all your money fixing and servicing your own car.

So if you'red doing a relatively small amount of mileage it won't ring any alarm bells.

One colleague had an rx8 a few years ago, drove it like it was coming under heavy helicopter fire as well. Was getting like 12 mpg out of it. Another had an old 911.

Once you get the kids though the only legitimate way to take the piss is a luxo!!

Any jobs going? :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

There was a black 750 with the same style 95 alloys for sale at that same location for over a year, about a year ago, so i'm assuming it's the same car. Seller may have taken it off the market, only to stick it back up.

No comfort seats though, infuriating in a 750!

EDIT: See the blurb at the bottom, it's been sitting up for 9 months so the same car. I seem to remember it being €12k+.

A very nice car for that money!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Was thinking the same, I'd get the S500 linked a few pages back :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

Congrats,great car and free fuel even better. They really are giving these cars away. Can I ask are you in sales and if so selling what and are there targets set ? Anyone generous enough to fuel a 4.3v8 for free must want something in return:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

kevpants wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Interesting. If you found out a politician was wasting taxpayer money like this there would be uproar. But someone takes money from a company, which may have gone to other workers if it wasn't spent, and he gets loads of thanks.

I'd love a fuel card, but i don't think i could take the piss out of it like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

TBi wrote: »
    Interesting. If you found out a politician was wasting taxpayer money like this there would be uproar. But someone takes money from a company, which may have gone to other workers if it wasn't spent, and he gets loads of thanks.

I'd love a fuel card, but i don't think i could take the piss out of it like that.

Difference is the company is a private company not reliant on taxpayers for funding.
    If a private company wishes to allow this then that's the company's decision.
    Taxpayers arent going to be affected directly.
    He's clearly high enough up in the company and an asset to them if they're willing to give him and trust him with a fuel cars.
    However if he starts taking the piss, they'll very quickly clamp down on it.

Gov = our money; corp = someone else's money. Gov = our representatives that we're supposed to watch over; corp = other people that are supposed to watch over themselves, and if they don't, tough.

I can break it down a little further if you're finding it difficult.

Or, what ^they^ said while I was typing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Scortho wrote: »
    Difference is the company is a private company not reliant on taxpayers for funding.

That is true but indirectly it is an internal tax on all other workers, the money has to come from somewhere and if it isn't spent it might go to other workers pay checks.

Anyway this if off topic so i'll stop here.

Interesting topic if someone wanted to start a new thread, we'll try snd get back to Luxos from here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

View2-23340171.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-bmw-735i-new-nct/5714506

Each day I'm tempted more and more to buy one of these :D Would make a nice cruiser with an LPG conversion.

Full-23104893.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-cl-600/5667681
    Power delivery from this V12 is just incredible :O

Less and less luxobarges for sale each day. I wonder if we're going to see more in 2014.

that cl600 is so so tempting
    Where else could you get a v12 coupe for less than the annual motor tax ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Seweryn

that cl600 is so so tempting
    Where else could you get a v12 coupe for less than the annual motor tax ?
    The rear self levelling suspension needs closer inspection on that car, which means it may cost you a small fortune to put right if you can't hold a spanner yourself (even if you do, it still will ;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Sobanek wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-bmw-735i-new-nct/5714506

Each day I'm tempted more and more to buy one of these :D Would make a nice cruiser with an LPG conversion.

that merc looks class.

the 02 e65 id be wary of, introduction year and plauged by problems, would want to have receipts for everything done to it.

Seweryn wrote: »
    The rear self levelling suspension needs closer inspection on that car, which means it may cost you a small fortune to put right if you can't hold a spanner yourself (even if you do, it still will ;)).
    But sure that's the same with any luxobarge - any serious repair work will be expensive. That's the "risk" you take - but at a purchase price of 1-2k it isnt really a risk. Buy it and throw it away and buy another one if theres a serious issue!
    that merc looks class.

the 02 e65 id be wary of, introduction year and plauged by problems, would want to have receipts for everything done to it.

Yeah that model was the first of the "high tech" bimmers, would be very wary of it. An '03-'04 would be much preferable (and of course a facelift even more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Wow, 788 replies, 52k views. Never thought that this topic would gain so much attention. Thanks guys!

Yeah, the E66 is much more prefferable, but they're still at the 8-10k region (which is odd, they should be down to 6-7k by now).

The F01 though is ridiculous! 39k for a 2009???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭kuro2k

But sure that's the same with any luxobarge - any serious repair work will be expensive. That's the "risk" you take - but at a purchase price of 1-2k it isnt really a risk. Buy it and throw it away and buy another one if theres a serious issue!

That particular CL is not in good condition, its been for sale for a while

• Advertisement

daRobot wrote: »

Ok, scratch that. thanks!

Sobanek wrote: »
    Wow, 788 replies, 52k views. Never thought that this topic would gain so much attention. Thanks guys!

Yeah, the E66 is much more prefferable, but they're still at the 8-10k region (which is odd, they should be down to 6-7k by now).

The F01 though is ridiculous! 39k for a 2009???

Sobanek,

Well done. Great thread. Thanks to all the guys who contributed. There is fantastic knowledge out there. Really enjoy this thread.

Thanks
    D:)

Sobanek,

Is it possible to nominate the best 3 luxobarges, based on the info, feedback so far?:)

Sobanek,

Is it possible to nominate the best 3 luxobarges, based on the info, feedback so far?:)
    That jag xk8 has to be the best surely!

That jag xk8 has to be the best surely!

Yes I like Jaguar cars.

Would the XK8 qualify as a luxobarge, bearing in mind it is a 2 door grand tourer ? Yes I have driven one and agree it is one of the best cars around.

Are there any rules on number of doors, passenger seats on this thread?

Certainly the XJ8 and XJR would qualify as luxobarges. Before I run out and buy the XK8 I just want to make sure it qualifies. I guess it is over to Sobanek for a ruling please?;)

Yes I like Jaguar cars.

Would the XK8 qualify as a luxobarge, bearing in mind it is a 2 door grand tourer ? Yes I have driven one and agree it is one of the best cars around.

Are there any rules on number of doors, passenger seats on this thread?

Certainly the XJ8 and XJR would qualify as luxobarges. Before I run out and buy the XK8 I just want to make sure it qualifies. I guess it is over to Sobanek for a ruling please?;)

Well I certainly would class it as a luxobarge yes... but I guess technically a 2 door cant be a barge perhaps?

Well I certainly would class it as a luxobarge yes... but I guess technically a 2 door cant be a barge perhaps?

CHP,

Thanks, I guess I have nominated my 3 favourites!

Having said that it would be hard to pass a Lexus LS, Merc S Class, BMW 7 series, Range Rover

If The Mrs. allows me get a new garage built, perhaps I could have one of each?;)

What about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I guess technically a 2 door cant be a barge perhaps?

I'd consider some 2 doors as barges, Merc CL's and the likes - big engines, luxurious interior, relatively large car :)

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I'd consider some 2 doors as barges, Merc CL's and the likes - big engines, luxurious interior, relatively large car :)

So the question is, is the xk in the same class as the CL - IMO yes it is ..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement