Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I Was VB wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25156063

‘07 W221, LWB all the toys, taxed and tested until 2021.

I’d expect massive miles and a few electric gremilins.

Yours for €3850.

Tempting.

Obvious reg hiding would be a red flag. I’m going to guess psv tax.

Also, he has it down as a 3.2 and not a 3.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

interesting fact that interior used to be white it just needs a little scrub :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Obvious reg hiding would be a red flag. I’m going to guess psv tax.

Also, he has it down as a 3.2 and not a 3.0

I think it’s a given that any car of this caliber would have spsv tax and nct.

Still i think is a beaut, buying one in this condition would be the financial equivalent of catching your flute in your fly.... but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/porsche-cayenne-with-sunroof/24950067

Ok this is around a grand more but u can get em private for 5k... would it be mad? I assume they are reliable enough... probably mad for parts? Curious to why they cheap enough considering what’s they are... seen a 3.6 variant also

LillySV wrote: »

Ok this is around a grand more but u can get em private for 5k... would it be mad? I assume they are reliable enough... probably mad for parts? Curious to why they cheap enough considering what’s they are... seen a 3.6 variant also

Im surprised a garage offering a warranty on a 14 year old German car however short.

They are nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

It's near 2k.on tax, that's why it's cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That's a much nicer example the one above has a single Din Stereo plus for max tax I want a fooking V8!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the 4.5 is a lot more desirable and theres tonnes of them so the 3.6 takes a haircut. That one also is in complete base spec, with just electric heated seats and parking sensors.

the one in the UK somebody linked above is fully loaded even with the integrated phone, on air suspension and with the navigation which means the better sound system (and in those better was 900 watts vs 200, it really made the odds)

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    That's a much nicer example the one above has a single Din Stereo plus for max tax I want a fooking V8!

its Touareg based, crew cab commercials appear occasionally, even in the 4.5 petrol. A 4.5 petrol with 333 tax for under 6k makes for an amazing deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

if anyone happens across a petrol w221 in black with a cream interior and a few toys, before posting it here just throw me a PM :pac: , a few months staying out of the pub I'm cash ready for another barge and I just can't escape the 221s appeal.

Couple up north a 500 and 350,an 8k one in cork and a couple in dublin an s350 with 90k miles under 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

the 4.5 is a lot more desirable and theres tonnes of them so the 3.6 takes a haircut. That one also is in complete base spec, with just electric heated seats and parking sensors.

the one in the UK somebody linked above is fully loaded even with the integrated phone, on air suspension and with the navigation which means the better sound system (and in those better was 900 watts vs 200, it really made the odds)

Funnily enough I had a friend from the UK stayed with us here last year for a couple of nights for a bit of fishing.

He was driving a fairly new Cayenne and when he'd drive up the lane to the house there was alarms going off every time a side panel or window was touched by a bramble or a branch.

It was very high tech stuff altogether with pictures showing on the LCD screen every time a leaf touched the car and exactly where it had touched. Your man was delighted with my innocence and admiration of the technology.

We were leaving to go for a cast on the last morning and he slowly reversed around the house straight into my wifes parked Honda Civic without a bleep from his Porsche to warn us.

They're fairly over rated for what they are and what they cost.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Funnily enough I had a friend from the UK stayed with us here last year for a couple of nights for a bit of fishing.

He was driving a fairly new Cayenne and when he'd drive up the lane to the house there was alarms going off every time a side panel or window was touched by a bramble or a branch.

It was very high tech stuff altogether with pictures showing on the LCD screen every time a leaf touched the car and exactly where it had touched. Your man was delighted with my innocence and admiration of the technology.

We were leaving to go for a cast on the last morning and he slowly reversed around the house straight into my wifes parked Honda Civic without a bleep from his Porsche to warn us.

They're fairly over rated for what they are and what they cost.

for their new cost, absolutely. Once they enter the sub 10k bracket they propose serious value over almost any of the fauxby4 crowd and a decent offering if you're in the market for a luxury SUV that won't be doing much offroading. Although even with that they do have a low range box so are more capable than an X5.

for their new cost, absolutely. Once they enter the sub 10k bracket they propose serious value over almost any of the fauxby4 crowd and a decent offering if you're in the market for a luxury SUV that won't be doing much offroading. Although even with that they do have a low range box so are more capable than an X5.

Would they be reliable though? In regard to servicing too... would I want a very deep wallet?

Would they be reliable though? In regard to servicing too... would I want a very deep wallet?

the engines have their quirks but nothing disastrous , anything with air suspension is going to cost a bit more. They share a lot of parts with the Touareg which has been pretty reliable. Its a well engineered machine and shouldn't cost the earth, but that said any large 4x4 is going to have some bills.

VW fixed price servicing should apply if you weren't doing it yourself.

• Advertisement

the engines have their quirks but nothing disastrous , anything with air suspension is going to cost a bit more. They share a lot of parts with the Touareg which has been pretty reliable. Its a well engineered machine and shouldn't cost the earth, but that said any large 4x4 is going to have some bills.

VW fixed price servicing should apply if you weren't doing it yourself.

What’s more reliable, the 3.2, 3.6 or the 4.5?

What’s more reliable, the 3.2, 3.6 or the 4.5?

theres a pretty good guide here : https://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/buyers-guides/why-buy-a-used-porsche-cayenne ,

personally id say the 4.5 as theres no horror stories and well..its the most engine... but having never owned one or looked deeply into it I wouldn't be best to advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

3.2 and 3.6 are VWs own VR6 engines so parts should be handy enough. 3.6 came out in 07+

The 4.5 is porsche's own, but not without its issues. (coolant pipes, Nikasil)

Thanks lads, just have a massive urge to get a proper big machine before these green bastards get their way and we all be either cycling or bus **** :)

I’d have to get crewcab considering the engine size...And assume I better getting Irish one as god knows what vrt would be for imported Porsche

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Reduced VRT and no NOx tax on a properly converted crew-cab import, NOx only applies to passenger vehicles, not commercial

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

mullingar wrote: »
    Reduced VRT and no NOx tax on a properly converted crew-cab import, NOx only applies to passenger vehicles, not commercial

Was looking at some imports but the Nox was a pain. More than the price of the car at times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

RobFowl wrote: »
    Was looking at some imports but the Nox was a pain. More than the price of the car at times.

Those are the cars we do not want here because they pollute too much. Now unfortunately it includes a lot of nice barges that would be nice, but get a petrol one instead and do not drive it too much.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Those are the cars we do not want here because they pollute too much. Now unfortunately it includes a lot of nice barges that would be nice, but get a petrol one instead and do not drive it too much.

Try sourcing a Petrol Land Rover ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

IN all likelihood (unless you want an older one like a P38) you'll have to go to the UK for that. Plenty of petrol RRs over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Lads, probably in the wrong place here but I'm wondering what would you lads think , I'm trying to offload my Volvo V70 (my circumstances changed that I don't need a car at all anymore)

2008 V70 D5 SE Lux W/Sunroof - Black
    -Black leather interior
    -heated and electric memory seats
    -dual zone Climate control / A/C
    -power tailgate (electronic opening and closing)
    -tow bar + electric socket
    -automatic , gearbox serviced and flushed only a few weeks ago
    -Bi-xenon headlights automatic levelling , changed two recently with OE spec
    -full history
    -NCT until April 2021
    -124K miles
    -Parking sensors rear
    -built in sat nav with remote, built in phone (swan neck) works off sim card.
    -rear seat audio entertainment system
    -child locks / iso fix seats / rear raising seats etc.
    - electric mirrors + folding
    -fully serviced 2k miles ago with glow plugs, fuel filter etc.
    Plenty of extras

Driving perfect, just needs new owner !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Sounds a lovely spec. Price or link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Sounds a lovely spec. Price or link?

I haven't it advertised. I hate putting things up on donedeal only to get timewasting arseholes

No reasonable offer refused if anyone wants to pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

3.5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I haven't it advertised. I hate putting things up on donedeal only to get timewasting arseholes

No reasonable offer refused if anyone wants to pm me

Put it on Donedeal with no phone number. Be interested to take a look.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Lads, probably in the wrong place here but I'm wondering what would you lads think , I'm trying to offload my Volvo V70 (my circumstances changed that I don't need a car at all anymore)

2008 V70 D5 SE Lux W/Sunroof - Black
    -Black leather interior
    -heated and electric memory seats
    -dual zone Climate control / A/C
    -power tailgate (electronic opening and closing)
    -tow bar + electric socket
    -automatic , gearbox serviced and flushed only a few weeks ago
    -Bi-xenon headlights automatic levelling , changed two recently with OE spec
    -full history
    -NCT until April 2021
    -124K miles
    -Parking sensors rear
    -built in sat nav with remote, built in phone (swan neck) works off sim card.
    -rear seat audio entertainment system
    -child locks / iso fix seats / rear raising seats etc.
    - electric mirrors + folding
    -fully serviced 2k miles ago with glow plugs, fuel filter etc.
    Plenty of extras

Driving perfect, just needs new owner !

Ahhh jaysus, if you had advertised this a few weeks ago I would have jumped on it.. Fuppin just my luck as I do love these.

Best of luck with the sale

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    3.5?

Engine size ?

No it's a D5. Or a 2.4 Diesel - 5 cylinder turbo.

Cheers for nice comments lads !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I meant 3.5k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

bear1 wrote: »
    I meant 3.5k

Or just tell us what you'd be happy to take for it. "Reasonable offer" is a massively subjective term

Any pictures?

Or just tell us what you'd be happy to take for it. "Reasonable offer" is a massively subjective term

Any pictures?

Sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I honestly don't think you can get 3.5k for it.

Volvo prices are not that high unfortunately. They are generally well specced, yours being super well specced, though. 2.5k maybe?

Closer to bangeromics level unfortunately.

What's the tax bracket on this one is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

wonski wrote: »
    I honestly don't think you can get 3.5k for it.

Volvo prices are not that high unfortunately. They are generally well specced, yours being super well specced, though. 2.5k maybe?

Closer to bangeromics level unfortunately.

What's the tax bracket on this one is?

Checked there, 2.4 - 1034€ tax

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

marko93 wrote: »

Yeah the tax band will weed out a lot of time wasters. So that should help with the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

marko93 wrote: »

If it was later 2008 reg, what would the emissions based tax be, on that engine.

If it was later 2008 reg, what would the emissions based tax be, on that engine.

It would've been higher at €1080

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

With that tax, does it make sense to try and sell that in the North?

I can see why somebody stumps a big tax bill to drive a S Class etc, but not a Volvo (as lovely as that one is).

boombang wrote: »
    With that tax, does it make sense to try and sell that in the North?

I can see why somebody stumps a big tax bill to drive a S Class etc, but not a Volvo (as lovely as that one is).

Volvo’s have a fairly strong following in the uk, might be a good market to advertise it there.

With regards taxing high cc motors over the years I’ve toyed with the idea of putting a limo Licence on a S-Class or similar for the €95pa road tax, but there are costs to consider, a limo Licence will be a one off payment of €1000, and then €150pa to renew, yearly Nct’s, and limousine insurance that would cost you about €2.5k per year, basically working out the same money as paying the full rate of tax and a yearly insurance of €700ish (these are back of the beermat figures) you’d also have to be registered as self employed and make yearly returns to get a tax clearance cert to renew the Licence.

The only upside to having your car taxed as a limo would be you could do some private chauffeur work to pay for it all, but then you’d need a psv driving Licence to do it also.

AFAIK lads crew cabbing motors they have to be vat registered to qualify for commercial insurance.

The tax loopholes are well and truly closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Unless the sellers comes with rough figure of what he considers reasonable offer we can only guess what the best way to sell it is.

wonski wrote: »
    Unless the sellers comes with rough figure of what he considers reasonable offer we can only guess what the best way to sell it is.

The problem is I'm not sure at all

Looking on donedeal and the likes the price for them vary a lot.

I'm not sure what to ask really but at the same time I'm not being greedy with her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

AFAIK lads crew cabbing motors they have to be vat registered to qualify for commercial insurance.

The tax loopholes are well and truly closed.

You don't need to be VAT registered to get commercial insurance. Plenty of part time and small businesses don't fall under the €25K/€75K limit.

I've an RX 400h on a commercial 5 seater policy, paying just over €600 insurance. I've a part time business alongside my 9-5 PAYE job, but I was never asked for proof when insuring.

Re-Registering a SUV as a 5 seat commercial is a different matter, most of the old loopholes are closed. I understand that my car (2006) can only be converted to a 2 seater since 2018 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Sure

Sweet Jesus i would have taken it! Just purchased last week after a long search....fuppin typical

I’m actually irrationally angry now

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    You don't need to be VAT registered to get commercial insurance. Plenty of part time and small businesses don't fall under the €25K/€75K limit.

I've an RX 400h on a commercial 5 seater policy, paying just over €600 insurance. I've a part time business alongside my 9-5 PAYE job, but I was never asked for proof when insuring.

Re-Registering a SUV as a 5 seat commercial is a different matter, most of the old loopholes are closed. I understand that my car (2006) can only be converted to a 2 seater since 2018 or so.

Anytime I inquired about commercial insurance they asked me for a VAT number, must check this out again.

bidiots wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus i would have taken it! Just purchased last week after a long search....fuppin typical

I’m actually irrationally angry now

Ha sorry about that, its been on the cards a few weeks now to sell her, shame I didnt put it up sooner you would've gotten a good one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Anytime I inquired about commercial insurance they asked me for a VAT number, must check this out again.
    I've bounced between private and commercial insurance a few times. Never been asked for a vat number or registered business number. All they've asked is what profession I'm in, or why I needed a commercial instead of a private vehicle. Used insuremyvan.ie for all 3 policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I'm with Chill.ie at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Well .. you basically tell them, that you don't need a VAT number as a sole trader, if your turnover isn't high enough, so they can not require that.

You must have an odd choice of insurances. I've had commercial policies with a number of insurances: Quinn/Liberty, 123, through a broker with Allianz and I don't know where else ... never ever been asked for a VAT number.

/M

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement