Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

LS400s regularly sell for under €2500 the last 3-4 years, very consistently. You'd want to be mad in the head to spend that money on a horrible colour as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Augeo wrote: »
    Vintage tax & will last forever :)

Vintage tax in 10 years time.

It’ll cost you 18 grand in tax until then if it’s still roadworthy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

LS400s regularly sell for under €2500 the last 3-4 years, very consistently. You'd want to be mad in the head to spend that money on a horrible colour as well

I recall some years back a poster here bought one for circa €1000 of the previous facelift model, lovely blue model and he basically stripped the entire interior out to clean down, was mint. This was around the time of the last crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I'd be thinking its far too dear as well.

Pre 94 ls400's have a fully forged bottom end and are closer to the magic 30 years of age these are the ones that are worth paying strong money for.

I distinctly remember a black 90 G ls400 for sale in Galway on dd for €1000 when I was in college back around the 2012/13 years shame I hadn't a pot to p1ss in at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

There’s a fella in Dublin with a yard full of them, about twenty if not more. And a heap of GS’ too. He went around buying them up when they were going for buttons a few years ago. A classic tax early LS would be the dream.

• Advertisement

There’s a fella in Dublin with a yard full of them, about twenty if not more. And a heap of GS’ too. He went around buying them up when they were going for buttons a few years ago. A classic tax early LS would be the dream.

1st gen gs300 will definitely be worth a nice bit same story with the over engineered bottom end too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

tenor.gif?itemid=14660916

I completely missed this burn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

L-M wrote: »
    I completely missed this burn!

Gonna have to take your word for it. Best bet is Micksgarage for lubricants.

Vintage tax in 10 years time.

It’ll cost you 18 grand in tax until then if it’s still roadworthy.

Apologies, I thought it was a 1990 for some reason....... asking price is looney anyway as said by a few.

Eric Cartman to the luxobarge front desk please..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-mercedes-s500-lwbnew-nct-03-21/25387930

NGQzNDYwZmJiOTAyZDIzYjE1ZGQ0YjMwMWZjZmY0MzWm6blZs1zJ0e6_JEKJpkaHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE2MTY2MjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Original Irish S500 LWB, all important heated and cooled seats, night vision, NCT til March 2021, €5950

Looks like a lovely car for the money.

• Advertisement

Approx 15k / kms per annum for last 3 years....... Just had over €10,000 spent on it in the past year.....

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Purchased by a Dealer on: 04/07/2020
    Notified on: 07/07/2020

Dealer seems reputable.........
    Location Dublin
    DoneDealing since 2011
    Active Ads 7
    Lifetime Ads 620

Jesus christ that interior is absolutely horrendous though

One man's food is another man's poison, I actually think it's one of the nicer ones I've seen posted on here.

I don't get the importance some people place on a car having heated seats, the wife has them in her 12 year old Civic and they are very rarely used if at all. To be honest I rarely adjust any heating or air conditioning in any car or van I drive, if it's warm I open a window.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Approx 15k / kms per annum for last 3 years....... Just had over €10,000 spent on it in the past year.....

Out of interest where would that kind of bill be coming from? Are we talking a big job like gearbox or engine replacement? Next big items I can think of would be Air Suspension pump(s) (€4k?), AC compressor (€2-3k?), 4 premium tyres (€1k). What I am wondering really is would the jobs needed for that €10k have been nice to have fixes or essentials for safety and to pass NCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-mercedes-s500-lwbnew-nct-03-21/25387930

NGQzNDYwZmJiOTAyZDIzYjE1ZGQ0YjMwMWZjZmY0MzWm6blZs1zJ0e6_JEKJpkaHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE2MTY2MjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Original Irish S500 LWB, important heated and cooled seats, night vision, NCT til March 2021, €5950

One of the nicest interiors I’ve seen on a W221 in a long time. Always refreshing to see a years tax paid in full too, gives ya some insight that it hasn’t been run on a shoestring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Original Irish S500 LWB, all important heated and cooled seats, night vision, NCT til March 2021, €5950

off to see it tomorrow. Rear cooled and the fridge is all its missing but I can deal.

Edit : I have located a fridge.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25423972

Lwb, heated seats but no mention of cooled seats.

German plates and gimpy car mats always warning signs though.

I Was VB wrote: »

the seat belt beep evader in the front worries me the most.

Seats aren't cooled but are heated, steering wheel has been re-covered / replaced from that eBay shop selling hundred quid 'leather' wheels.

I Was VB wrote: »

Nevermind, that interior is even worse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Can't say I agree. Besides the steering wheel looking a bit grubby, it's like a big comfortable sofa.

• Advertisement

off to see it tomorrow. Rear cooled and the fridge is all its missing but I can deal.

Edit : I have located a fridge.

Just had over €10,000 spent on it in the past year.

Would love to know just what they spent 10k on in one year :eek:

the seat belt beep evader in the front worries me the most.

Seats aren't cooled but are heated, steering wheel has been re-covered / replaced from that eBay shop selling hundred quid 'leather' wheels.

Good spot, car is clearly been driven by a knuckle dragger.

Just had over €10,000 spent on it in the past year.

Would love to know just what they spent 10k on in one year :eek:

if it was a mechanic taking the piss then it could be anything, but if its a full refresh of the air suspension system I can see it being 10k worth of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

if it was a mechanic taking the piss then it could be anything, but if its a full refresh of the air suspension system I can see it being 10k worth of work.

What am I missing, why would you spend 10k on a car, only to sell it for 5.5/6k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

What am I missing, why would you spend 10k on a car, only to sell it for 5.5/6k?
    How long is a piece of string? It could be anything. Not intending on selling when the work was done, but lost job because Covid? Owner passed away? Need money fast for something else? It could be absolutely anything to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The real question is: why would someone spend €10k on a car that's only worth €5-6k?

Lurching wrote: »
    The real question is: why would someone spend €10k on a car that's only worth €5-6k?

all will be revealed, id imagine its a series of bills for 1-2k and the owner noticed after 4-5 times and said 'fcuk it I'm trading it in'

it equally could mean it has another 5k worth of work needed to make it perfect or perhaps everythings done thinking they'd recoup some of the value of that work and it just hasn't happened.

Out of interest where would that kind of bill be coming from? Are we talking a big job like gearbox or engine replacement? Next big items I can think of would be Air Suspension pump(s) (€4k?), AC compressor (€2-3k?), 4 premium tyres (€1k). What I am wondering really is would the jobs needed for that €10k have been nice to have fixes or essentials for safety and to pass NCT?

A full service with tyres, discs & pads all round with a few ARBs etc etc could come to €3k without too much being wrong to start with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Lovely spec on tbat merc. Id throw on facelift lights and amg alloys and body kit...

• Advertisement

https://imgur.com/a/0X6Hy77

We have a winner.

So the 10k was 3 invoices, 4k, 3k and 2.5k

Its had new brakes , new air shocks, arms and bushings in the last 10 months.

1 owner car from new , traded in on the 1st of july to MSL where it was always looked after including the above work, owned by an older man who bought a new S class.

Paintwork has a few marks, one of the rear window blinds needs fixing. Wheels need a refurb.

Anyone idea how to pair my phone, it finds it in the bluetooth menu and pairs but says ‘no phone connected’ after .

Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Class. Love it when a plan comes together.

Well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Anyone idea how to pair my phone, it finds it in the bluetooth menu and pairs but says ‘no phone connected’ after .

Very happy with it.
    Ah yeh, happy I didn't go for it. Can't be doing without Bluetooth.

*jealous...:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

We have a winner.

1 owner car from new , traded in on the 1st of july to MSL where it was always looked after including the above work, owned by an older man who bought a new S class.

Paintwork has a few marks, one of the rear window blinds needs fixing. Wheels need a refurb.

Very happy with it.
    Wear well, fantastic looking machine!
    Is there any options under the type of connection - both in the car menu and the phone menu? Maybe BT audio works but needs the phone function enabled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We have a winner.

Very happy with it.

Congratulations and well wear!

Gonna miss this wee saga. Delighted you got what you wanted in the end. Seems it's always out there waiting on ya. :)

We have a winner.

Very happy with it.

Beauty!! Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

We have a winner.

Very happy with it.
    Beautiful machine. Well Wear Eric.
    Keep us posted on the phone and any modifications or updates also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Good man, best of luck with it! Some value. I've done it before myself, sink a pile of money into a car and then sell it a few months later. Makes no sense but sometimes it just happens. How does the V8 run, I think the miles was 155k ish?

.............. traded in on the 1st of july to MSL where it was always looked after including the above work, owned by an older man who bought a new S class. ..............

Splendid, the €10k spend in the last 12 months along with the tax being bought in one lump was indicative that someone with a few quid was the owner and that it was looked after. Wonderful buy. Happy and safe motoring with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Congrats. Lovely motor. Lots of presence. Are the alloys peeling though in your pic? Rear near side? Or is it the light?

Will you leave it stock or do anything with it?

GavMan wrote: »
    Congrats. Lovely motor. Lots of presence. Are the alloys peeling though in your pic? Rear near side? Or is it the light?

Will you leave it stock or do anything with it?

Fridge is on order
    I have just discovered ambient lighting trims are available for it
    A factory ipod kid and aux will be installed
    Need to locate one of those mercedes bluetooth modules that clips in the armrest compartment.

• Advertisement

Are the rear seats perforated? Retrofit rear cooling? :D

Are the rear seats perforated? Retrofit rear cooling? :D

They are, I am contemplating this but itll be bottom of the list, sounds and fridge are first.

Edit - rear blind and bluetooth fixed now 😂 , simple bits

Fair play to ya Eric and best of luck with it.

We're gonna need an updated Cartman fleet picture soon, it surely looks even more like a senior mafia members get together now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Fair play to ya Eric and best of luck with it.

We're gonna need an updated Cartman fleet picture soon, it surely looks even more like a senior mafia members get together now.

It looks and best of luck. Are you going to sit in the front or back !

We have a winner.

Very happy with it.

So jealous- what a car- what a purchase. Has to rank as one of the best buys of 2020 here. Well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just goes to show how full of sh1t we all are. 7 years this is running, how many purchases have we had, 5? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Just goes to show how full of sh1t we all are. 7 years this is running, how many purchases have we had, 5? :D

If you count a Lexus RX 400h as a Luxobarge, then it would be 6.

How many sh1t purchases have been avoided though thanks to this thread?

Does going to view one that was in here, and ending up buying the other, count? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We should stick all the successful purchases in the OP. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement