Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

jharr100 wrote: »

Very, very nice and tax that isn't painful.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

Augeo wrote: »
    Merc Ireland would have a few I imagine even in bad times that'd do the rounds at dealers countrywide.

I checked and it looks good actually - was registered as a 320 CDI which was a pre facelift model, ie all the 2009 facelift versions were badged 350 CDI even though they both had basically the same 3.0 diesel

The facelift was launched in Q2 2019 and on sale here from the summer so that car was min 6 months old before it was registered

A better expert than me might have a different spin in it. Either way looks like a nice car though the miles would put me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Not great interior pics on the GS, but 250,000km but inside still looks like a new car.

Great given that motor tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

Could well have been a stock car - spec looks basic enough. Doesn't appear to have a sunroof but hard to tell from the pics. Its also the €1200 rate which isn't as bad as it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The Lexus is €750 tax, I just checked on the website. The interiors wear well on the GS, RX and LS, the spec wouldn't bother me, it has a/c so the sunroof wouldn't be an issue to me. Had a sunroof and a/c on a car before and I rarely used the sunroof, I'd rather the extra headroom for everyday driving tbh.

Still a very fresh looking design for the age, first came out in 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Looks nice!
    Payday isnt until next week, otherwise I'd consider that, as the garage is near my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Anyone fancy a 2005 Range Rover 4.2 V8 Supercharged? Only just hit 100k miles, has had a gearbox rebuild and new front suspension. I’ve had it 9 years, brought it back from the U.K. when I moved back. Navy exterior (Buckingham Blue technicall) and a two tone navy/cream interior.

Marcusm wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a 2005 Range Rover 4.2 V8 Supercharged? Only just hit 100k miles, has had a gearbox rebuild and new front suspension. I’ve had it 9 years, brought it back from the U.K. when I moved back. Navy exterior (Buckingham Blue technicall) and a two tone navy/cream interior.

Oh I'd say we'd all fancy it, what about some pic's and the nitty gritty details?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-lexus-ls-460-petrol-380bhp/25654381
    Another nice Lexus. 2006 LS460, 97000 miles NCT until 27/10/2020. Same owner since 2018, asking €4950. Also has the excellent "Martin Levinson" sound system :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

boombang wrote: »
    Not great interior pics on the GS, but 250,000km but inside still looks like a new car.
    Seems well preserved given the mileage up on it alright to be fair. Man that wood trim (is it wood trim?) looks hideous though and things like that usually don't bother me too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Brasso wrote: »
    Another nice Lexus. 2006 LS460, 97000 miles NCT until 27/10/2020. Same owner since 2018, asking €4950. Also has the excellent "Martin Levinson" sound system :D

There's the warning light on the dash at about 2pm on the rev counter. Could be anything though, usually shows on centre display full details. Think on these that warning light came on even if it was a brake light bulb gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looking at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPuzRzv-Cw the light seems to have the same placement as the "Master Warning Light" as per here. Steering wheel is probably blocking the engine light malfunction light.
    I love the part that says
    100% perfect
    but
    NCT Expiry Oct 2019
    says otherwise, as they'd have a new NCT on it if it was actually 100% perfect :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

It's NCT'd until October 2020 on NCTS.ie. There's a picture from the right side of the steering wheel and I don't see the yellow check engine light from that angle, although that yellow triangle one is there in that photo too. As Atlantic Dawn says that could indicate any number of faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It's a TPMS warning light a new sensor is about 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

and if youre happy paying 1809 in road tax, sure tis a piffling concern. 2 grand !!! im clearly not in the right headspace to be driving one of these babys. i'll head back to the ecomaniacs. thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

gussieg wrote: »
    and if youre happy paying 1809 in road tax, sure tis a piffling concern. 2 grand !!! im clearly not in the right headspace to be driving one of these babys. i'll head back to the ecomaniacs. thread.

its only a grand more a year than a lot of bangernomics stuff and you're mostly getting a car that has already fully depreciated in value compared to something that still will lose a few hundred a year.

It costs more especially with repairs and maintenance but the difference is very easy to accept when you have a V8 over something with cloth seats

its only a grand more a year than a lot of bangernomics stuff and you're mostly getting a car that has already fully depreciated in value compared to something that still will lose a few hundred a year.

It costs more especially with repairs and maintenance but the difference is very easy to accept when you have a V8 over something with cloth seats

That's a LWB too I reckon with the RSR pack that was a 20K option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm glad mine isn't an L version, it's already hard enough to park anywhere!

• Advertisement

I'm glad mine isn't an L version, it's already hard enough to park anywhere!

Ah it's only a few inches longer It's handy to have that bit extra.....:p:P

Only saying to lads in a FB group I miss my GS so much it was a class Car that was so tight to drive:(

Truckermal wrote: »

Only saying to lads in a FB group I miss my GS so much it was a class Car that was so tight to drive:(

I have the inches elsewhere huehuehuehue

*my waist :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Truckermal wrote: »

Having owned a 98 Gs300 previously I really don’t see how Mercedes have any sales. It was a 22 year old car and it was perfection.

Kinda regret selling it too.

I Was VB wrote: »
    Having owned a 98 Gs300 previously I really don’t see how Mercedes have any sales. It was a 22 year old car and it was perfection.

They were a class Car too I remember when Mullingar bought his one I thought I'll never afford one but little did I know how things could turn around a few years later! I'll never get another GS like it again though I'd say even Padraig is still pineing after it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I Was VB wrote: »

I remember sitting into one in about 2003 ish as a teen, really loved them. The one I sat in was of course a lower spec Irish one without nav or anything but remember looking them up online and I still think this interior looks cool , post facelift and fully loaded :
    https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/T840.jpg

I think the e38 and the w220/w221 interiors were plusher but considering how bomb proof these things are, If I was living somewhere with no motor tax and I just needed a cheaper, super reliable car, id have one all day long.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008252918640?radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&sort=price-asc&model=GS%20300&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=se10ab&page=1 if somebody really wanted one they're cheap in the UK, this one is fully loaded but would need a polish and a headlight restore. But its decent. Its imported, possibly from here so might not need VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's NCT'd until October 2020 on NCTS.ie. There's a picture from the right side of the steering wheel and I don't see the yellow check engine light from that angle, although that yellow triangle one is there in that photo too. As Atlantic Dawn says that could indicate any number of faults.
    Had a look there, and notice that the steering wheel in pic3 also hides whatever the far left light is in pic7. From here, it seems that the light most likely says "high height", which means that either the car is 1 1/2 inches higher than usual, or someone did a bad job lowering it and it's now displays permanently. The light that shows in pic3 could be related to that.

• Advertisement

I'd bet both rear shocks have burst, which is common and they're 1500 a side if staying with air. Certainly looks it in pics anyway

the_syco wrote: »
    Had a look there, and notice that the steering wheel in pic3 also hides whatever the far left light is in pic7. From here, it seems that the light most likely says "high height", which means that either the car is 1 1/2 inches higher than usual, or someone did a bad job lowering it and it's now displays permanently. The light that shows in pic3 could be related to that.

It clearly says check Tyre pressure system.....:confused:

I had the same warning on my one but I just cleared it every few weeks with a OBD.

BTW you came up on my Google memories last week from 2012...:D

M

What killed off LS sales after 2008? The motor tax on the non hybrids went from €1809 to €2350, not the end of the world considering the car was over €100k. If you had the hybrid the tax was 'only' €1200 before current model which then went to €390. I don't recall ever seeing a 2009–2012 model or the 2012–2017 model on the roads in Ireland, have seen a couple of the current around.

What killed off LS sales after 2008? The motor tax on the non hybrids went from €1809 to €2350, not the end of the world considering the car was over €100k. If you had the hybrid the tax was 'only' €1200 before current model which then went to €390. I don't recall ever seeing a 2009–2012 model or the 2012–2017 model on the roads in Ireland, have seen a couple of the current around.

You're right, I've never seen a face lift either... And I'd put it down to the little thing called a recession :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Looking at Mercs/beemers/Audis of that era I think they just couldn't keep up with them.

While Lexus was a class car I don't think it could really compete with the big 3 here.

• Advertisement
    M

You're right, I've never seen a face lift either... And I'd put it down to the little thing called a recession :P

Yes but there was plenty of high end stuff sold in the years following from the other brands. Perhaps the buyers were mainly from certain sections of the economy like construction and that didn't recover in the same period of time. I know one of the large banks had a fleet of the LS460's up to 2008 before things got sensible.

What killed off LS sales after 2008? ..............

Merc and BMW and Audi would have sold loads of diesel S class, 7 series and A8s respectively, Lexus wouldn't have appealed to loads of those buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Any other luxobarges out there thats not a f**king Lexus?!? :eek::cool::o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FMocIM0P.gif&hash=c4091c25987ba7146c6d709bb3dce802

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ZTgzYjYwNjU5MmE4ZmY1NzUyNmM2YmU2ZjkwNTYzNjVQunHS2TQZdNtbJfI_ng-jaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE4MDIzNDR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ZTgzYjYwNjU5MmE4ZmY1NzUyNmM2YmU2ZjkwNTYzNjVQunHS2TQZdNtbJfI_ng-jaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTE4MDIzNDR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Oh Jesus....

Bring back the Lexus..

The C6 is more 5 series / E class size then Luxobarge IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

You could post one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-cl500-coupe-2007-168-klms-/25773239

NTAxNWUyMDQ1ZTYwZTM3MDNhYzkyNGJhYmMzZmUwNzHhLQLP5i4fSPUWF8ugd8EhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ5NjIzMDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seems cheap for a new shape CL, nct til next year and all.

€7500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sold as is, mentioned in the advert doesn't inspire confidence. Role of a dice there I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

bazz26 wrote: »
    Sold as is, mentioned in the advert doesn't inspire confidence. Role of a dice there I'd say.

Can they sell as is?

Is that legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I'm still pining after one of them. I said I would in 2020. I guess it'll be 2021 at this point.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Also mentions “great for export” = runaway, runaway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I'm liking that C6, I wouldn't knock it. I had the same year C5 (VTX model) and it was the smoothest, most comfortable car I've even drove!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nexo

If it has the Harmon Kardon system (most do) and if it has failed (most do) nobody can repair them. The replacement amp is mega money.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-cl500-coupe-2007-168-klms-/25773239

NTAxNWUyMDQ1ZTYwZTM3MDNhYzkyNGJhYmMzZmUwNzHhLQLP5i4fSPUWF8ugd8EhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ5NjIzMDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Seems cheap for a new shape CL, nct til next year and all.

€7500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2005-mercedes-cl-500-amg-bargain-tax-amp-nct/25764523?campaign=3

ZTU1ZDZjNDIzM2ViOTEyODhiMzc1MTI1NWE1YTMzOWWjzgqlvydRUuSSk9JQz5VZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ4NzYzODB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice spec 2005 CL500 with NCT and tax, €3950

ABC light on...anyone brave enough?

This light being red means its not just a warning, more like kaput message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2005-mercedes-cl-500-amg-bargain-tax-amp-nct/25764523?campaign=3

ZTU1ZDZjNDIzM2ViOTEyODhiMzc1MTI1NWE1YTMzOWWjzgqlvydRUuSSk9JQz5VZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTQ4NzYzODB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice spec 2005 CL500 with NCT and tax, €3950

ABC light on...anyone brave enough?

A 2005 car in the Vintage section? Is to aim it at possible collectors?
    It's a while away form vintage yet surely.

EDIT: Ahh I see they have it in Cars and Breaking and Repairables too.

A 2005 car in the Vintage section? Is to aim it at possible collectors?
    It's a while away form vintage yet surely.

It is 2 euro cheaper to sell in vintage section :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Augeo wrote: »
    The C6 is more 5 series / E class size then Luxobarge IMO :)

Ah now, the car was as much a luxobarge as the Phaeton , certainly a way to waft through the bad streets of Ireland in something other than a Lexus!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement