Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Patina:cool::cool:

is that pats wifes name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Top Dog wrote: »
    Most people would think that, but there's always the exceptions - https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/mitsubishi-pajero-shogun/25767014

:eek:

If only my wife was that dirty!!!!! :D:D:D

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That used to belong to a guy just up the road from me until recently. Always seemed to be very well presented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25634863

Nearly 600k klms, lwb, heated and cooled seats, recent new gearbox, ex limo, gimpy alloys and needing some minor tlc... and I want it!!

gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I Was VB wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25634863

Nearly 600k klms, lwb, heated and cooled seats, recent new gearbox, ex limo, gimpy alloys and needing some minor tlc... and I want it!!

What was it?

What was it?

S class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xf/25889250

I've always liked the XF but would it be considered a barge. I only remarked recently there were no petrol models for sale.

I think if you're going to get into this though it might as well be the V8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

pah wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xf/25889250

I've always liked the XF but would it be considered a barge. I only remarked recently there were no petrol models for sale.

I think if you're going to get into this though it might as well be the V8.
    I always considered the XF to be a competitor to the 5 series BMW and hence not really a barge. XJ is a barge though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Top Dog wrote: »
    I always considered the XF to be a competitor to the 5 series BMW and hence not really a barge. XJ is a barge though

it definitely is but having been in one, its definitely a step up from the e60. That colour is awful but they're a great car that really depreciated silly quick. They were 8k when the same year 530d was still holding 10-11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Another one:

ODUyZTQ0OTRiNjNiZGVjYjc2OGI0MjEzMDA1MTdhOWMolbjN8qVg1msHekAy3hJ4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIxNTAxMjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2007 Lexus GS450H €2,750

Why is this so cheap?

€1800 tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trojan wrote: »
    Another one:

ODUyZTQ0OTRiNjNiZGVjYjc2OGI0MjEzMDA1MTdhOWMolbjN8qVg1msHekAy3hJ4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTIxNTAxMjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2007 Lexus GS450H €2,750

Why is this so cheap?

No NCT and 1809 tax a year dont help it.

€1800 tax

I thought someone was saying ........... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Apologies for stirring up the tax again. But even bringing up the tax, it's only a €1k/year more. I'm surprised at it being a €3200 price difference between those two cars.

Apologies for stirring up the tax again. But even bringing up the tax, it's only a €1k/year more. I'm surprised at it being a €3200 price difference between those two cars.

some people just wont look at a car with 1809 tax. the lack of an NCT doesn't help either. god knows what horrors are lurking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

some people just wont look at a car with 1809 tax. the lack of an NCT doesn't help either. god knows what horrors are lurking.

1 owner, looks in v good condition, I mean, worst case you're out a few k if it's uneconomical to repair.
    Could be worth a test drive and bring an OBD.
    If he has the previous NCT sheets, maybe you could see a trend of something wearing out.

I'd be interested, but I don't like the interior, much prefer the black.
    Wonder where the original floor mats went?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

jharr100 wrote: »

Awful spec..

The 08 one is overpriced imo especially when their is no Nav or Timber Wheel I'd have the 07 in a heartbeat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Tax difference is about €2,250, if you own it for 2 years and purchase it every 6 months like most people. That's about 25-33% of the value of those cars over 2 years. Insurance is cheap (if you're over 40), they are very reliable, so tax will probably be the single biggest running cost apart from petrol.

The 08 one doesn't have the best spec, but it will be a lot easier to sell and you'll get €2K more for it in 2022 if you have it for 2 years due to the tax bracket.

The 07 one has a nicer colour scheme IMO and a better spec, but no NCT puts me right off. Even a fail sheet would give some guidance. They normally go for €4K or thereabouts, that one is suspicously cheap, but worth a phone call.

If they had the same spec and same NCT, the 08 one is worth about €1.5K more than the 07 one all day long. You'll save on the tax and will get a higher resale for it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740i-automatic/25600186

YTVlNjEwMzUwY2RkNTU2N2JkMGMxMTgzODMyZTVmOTXbnUgPMb3E5YNRgLcpuyC1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTYyNzY5MTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is getting cheap, low mileage 740i with NCT til February 2021, €2650

Yellow warning light is not a great sign, but its not red so there are no "major" faults

ZmJhZDA0NmU0YTNmNDc2Mjc0YzMzOTM1NGRmZGI0NTdMckPtPw54tjpv2JRwUeRfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTM1NDIwNzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unless the red warning light is faulty and just showing up as yellow. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gone already?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Anyone recommend a luxobarge (reliable as can be ) for 6 months ownership,(easy re sell in March) and am doing 220 miles a week motorway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lexus GS of some sort maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-740i-automatic/25600186

YTVlNjEwMzUwY2RkNTU2N2JkMGMxMTgzODMyZTVmOTXbnUgPMb3E5YNRgLcpuyC1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTYyNzY5MTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is getting cheap, low mileage 740i with NCT til February 2021, €2650

Yellow warning light is not a great sign, but its not red so there are no "major" faults

ZmJhZDA0NmU0YTNmNDc2Mjc0YzMzOTM1NGRmZGI0NTdMckPtPw54tjpv2JRwUeRfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTM1NDIwNzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Truely is a barge. That tax tho...:(
    Where are you seeing the amber light?

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Truely is a barge. That tax tho...:(
    Where are you seeing the amber light?

526314.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yellow means nothing on the E65, low key battery, inspection coming up, low washer fluid. Even red can mean nothing, all depends on the fault shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

526314.png

Thanks.

Saw that alright but assumed it was phone or gps related. Odd spot for a vehicle warning light.

major faults will go on the dash, I don't think yellow makes a bong noise

major faults will go on the dash, I don't think yellow makes a bong noise

You'd have to see it. I put LED lights in my e60 and it flashes warnings and bongs everytime I turn it on.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    You'd have to see it. I put LED lights in my e60 and it flashes warnings and bongs everytime I turn it on.

true. and it's a bong that cuts through your skull and fills you with dread every time. I drive was boot looping during low battery after not being driven, and couldn't reset tire pressure monitoring for about 3 days. that ****ing bong noise...

true. and it's a bong that cuts through your skull and fills you with dread every time. I drive was boot looping during low battery after not being driven, and couldn't reset tire pressure monitoring for about 3 days. that ****ing bong noise...

I think it's weird starting a car and not hearing it now :D:D

Bling....bling...bling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I have a facelift 2010 gs450 sel. Unfortunately the sunroof and part wooden wheel were made extras at that point but they did add Bluetooth which is needed these days. The infotainment screen is improved and there is no tape deck. On the outside the front grill is different and the rear lights look better but it may just be fancier lenses?

Anyway I would recommend the car. Loads of power when needed even if it is more of a cruiser, the silence and smoothness in stop start is great as well.

I get into diesels now and find it a bit unpleasant. Same goes for petrols with stop start systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I had a Citroen C5 & every time I drove it I dreaded hearing that gong. It was always alarming for something. Drove me mad.

T.

• Advertisement

Zurbaran wrote: »
    I have a facelift 2010 gs450 sel. Unfortunately the sunroof and part wooden wheel were made extras at that point but they did add Bluetooth which is needed these days. The infotainment screen is improved and there is no tape deck. On the outside the front grill is different and the rear lights look better but it may just be fancier lenses?

Anyway I would recommend the car. Loads of power when needed even if it is more of a cruiser, the silence and smoothness in stop start is great as well.

I get into diesels now and find it a bit unpleasant. Same goes for petrols with stop start systems.

I'm delighted you held onto it!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-mercedes-benz-s-500-black-low-mileage/25970780

MDQ3MmY2ZmNhOTZhN2QxYjNmMWU4Yzk0YzAxYjEwMzUOvNVz4NyJjvdMiJLHrGM-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTY2NzE0OTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ODAzOTc5NDAwMTBjNjQzNzNhMjI2YjRiMTEyZmJkYzbnmpNcdfcYAe_HmSlxHiteaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTY2NzE0ODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Y2ZmNDRmOGYyMzhlNjljYzkzMzg0OWExYzg0ZDBhOWFHXhBpGYCyFTOsxl1slKhtaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTY2NzE0OTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Over budget for this thread, but I'm going to post it anyway because it actually seems like a bit of a bargain given its pedigree.

Iranian ambassador's former S500, lovely spec, full service history and only 13k miles - €10k. I'd expect something like this to be a lot more expensive. It looks a lovely example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-mercedes-benz-s-500-black-low-mileage/25970780

MDQ3MmY2ZmNhOTZhN2QxYjNmMWU4Yzk0YzAxYjEwMzUOvNVz4NyJjvdMiJLHrGM-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTY2NzE0OTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ODAzOTc5NDAwMTBjNjQzNzNhMjI2YjRiMTEyZmJkYzbnmpNcdfcYAe_HmSlxHiteaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTY2NzE0ODh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Y2ZmNDRmOGYyMzhlNjljYzkzMzg0OWExYzg0ZDBhOWFHXhBpGYCyFTOsxl1slKhtaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTY2NzE0OTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Over budget for this thread, but I'm going to post it anyway because it actually seems like a bit of a bargain given its pedigree.

Iranian ambassador's former S500, lovely spec, full service history and only 13k miles - €10k. I'd expect something like this to be a lot more expensive. It looks a lovely example.

Doesn’t the reg number means it’s an import yet it’s stated it was serviced in MSL. Dials are in km’s too. Does it look like it only drove 22k

Rear passenger kick plate looks like it has a kink in it

If genuine though it looks like a lot of car for the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

If you look at the sellers address you’ll see its being sold by the Iran embassy themselves

Casati wrote: »
    Doesn’t the reg number means it’s an import yet it’s stated it was serviced in MSL. Dials are in km’s too. Does it look like it only drove 22k

Add to above my guess is that it was imported in 2012 and a new Km speedo was installed at that time and it’s only done 22k since then.

Between 2008 and 2012 who knows what mileage she did?

Is that the genuine reg for the car? if you look up the motor tax rate for that reg it says it doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Casati wrote: »

Looks to me like it's done a lot more mileage than that. You would expect the seats on such a high end model to be in pristine condition after less then 14k miles

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Is that the genuine reg for the car? if you look up the motor tax rate for that reg it says it doesn't exist.

It’s a diplomatic number, so won’t appear on motor tax. Same with Garda cars etc.

If you look at the rear pic the reg has definitely been photoshopped.

It’s a diplomatic number, so won’t appear on motor tax. Same with Garda cars etc.

Garda cars are on the car checker type websites

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement