Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Aye, he's surely takin the mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Newlands Cross guy and Paddy Connolly, apparently have the same dealer, with Paddy being the more prolific user.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

Soarer wrote: »
    Yeah but...but....it's been celebrity owned!

Unless the previous owner was Elvis, that price has a decimal point missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Elvis was still alive in '98 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

kupus wrote: »
    I know, I know. Its not really classed as a luxobarge, but when you get in it. Wow. luxury all over.

ZGZmM2I5YWUzODc2YWQ0NDIwODk5ZGIyY2VkNTQ4ZTgeZxc1YxvRv-XN9hFkYLYwaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNWNiOWY5YTM2ZjlhNWNlM2I2Mjc0ODE3NDg1ZGM5Nzc0OGRkOWM3ZWYwZTIyNDljYmRhZmU2MmZmYzk5MjBjNy5qcGd8fHx8fDkyfHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvd2F0ZXJtYXJrLnBuZ3x8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL25vbmUtaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpgMTkyN2QxNmE4MmI0ODkwMzAwNjQ2Y2I0ZDFlNzg3ZjRfbuUB4904F6QpbQ0wvS4DaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMmM0Yjg4YmVlODkyNGYxMGNmMWE5MjQzZGIzZWE4MDQzZmVlMTFhNTE5ZDU1NDcxNDVhZmQxZWM1NjRmOTY1NC5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/renault/avantime/2003-renault-avantime-for-sale/3826456

Decided to throw caution to the wind and buy this car during the week, after missing out on another before because I dwelled on it for too long.
    The thing that swung it for me was whilst on test drive with my brother I turned and asked him what he taught and his answer was it may end up causing you loads of trouble but if you don't but you'll regret it forever. We'll so far so good and after 7 years of BMW ownership it's refreshing to be able to drive more than a couple of miles without getting a sore back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Decided to throw caution to the wind and buy this car during the week, after missing out on another before because I dwelled on it for too long.
    The thing that swung it for me was whilst on test drive with my brother I turned and asked him what he taught and his answer was it may end up causing you loads of trouble but if you don't but you'll regret it forever. We'll so far so good and after 7 years of BMW ownership it's refreshing to be able to drive more than a couple of miles without getting a sore back.

Hope you don't regret, it really is an amazing car.. even if I'm not quite sure why..

Well wear! :)

Well wear, brave man :)

How much you pay for it? I guess more than the €2.5k the seller was offered on adverts? Keep us updated when you put the car through the NCT - maybe you should start a new thread!

It sure is a different car from the norm and for that I salute you and Renault!

Out of interest, what BMW(s) did you own that gave you back trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I cant stop myself from repeatedly opening the link , cant make up my mind how I feel towards it either. Its just "interesting" on all accounts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That looks mental haha! Good luck with it.

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear, brave man :)

How much you pay for it? I guess more than the €2.5k the seller was offered on adverts? Keep us updated when you put the car through the NCT - maybe you should start a new thread!

It sure is a different car from the norm and for that I salute you and Renault!

Out of interest, what BMW(s) did you own that gave you back trouble?

I didn't pay much more than the 2500 offered and brought the car for an inspection today and aside from an exhaust bracket that needs a spot of weld it should be good for the test and all the electrics work believe it or not . Had two 3 series BMW's an e46 325i and a 320d and always found that after 30 mins of driving my back would be killing me but I did love them and would of had another but the wife wanted an mpv, that's where the avi comes in I just couldn't be having something like a cmax or zafira!
    Pics really don't do it justice I had looked at the one in Kelly's of Rathdrum which was too expensive and went to Dundalk expecting to be disappointed but was plesentley surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Had two 3 series BMW's an e46 325i and a 320d and always found that after 30 mins of driving my back would be killing me but

Not sure about the normal 3-series seats, but the sports seats, especially the leather recaros in the E34 and E39 M5's, are hard to beat. I even have a pair of E34 M5 seats in the Transporter and matter of fact a E36 M3 Vadar seat in the LT.

Normal "comfort" seats never really did the job for me in the BMWs.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Marlow wrote: »
    Not sure about the normal 3-series seats, but the sports seats, especially the leather recaros in the E34 and E39 M5's, are hard to beat. I even have a pair of E34 M5 seats in the Transporter and matter of fact a E36 M3 Vadar seat in the LT.

Normal "comfort" seats never really did the job for me in the BMWs.
    Saddles and seats are usually very personal when it comes to comfort, so the same seat may suit one person, not necessarily anyone else ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Whats the power like from the 2.0T? It is a quite interesting car but, I dont know, as mentioned I've looked at the link a few times and I think I know why I wouldn't like one. It's the centre console for me, just very bland - no buttons, nothing that would light up during the night.
    I'm sorry OP if I'm wrong and there are some gadgets :) I've never been in one but there is something interesting about it, especially after I saw that Top Gear episode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Well done on that Avantine its some piece of kit. The neighbour has one and everytime Im passing it I just drool all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

I didn't pay much more than the 2500 offered and brought the car for an inspection today and aside from an exhaust bracket that needs a spot of weld it should be good for the test and all the electrics work believe it or not . Had two 3 series BMW's an e46 325i and a 320d and always found that after 30 mins of driving my back would be killing me but I did love them and would of had another but the wife wanted an mpv, that's where the avi comes in I just couldn't be having something like a cmax or zafira!
    Pics really don't do it justice I had looked at the one in Kelly's of Rathdrum which was too expensive and went to Dundalk expecting to be disappointed but was plesentley surprised.

That's a keeper over the long term , can only go up in value.

bear1 wrote: »
    Whats the power like from the 2.0T? It is a quite interesting car but, I dont know, as mentioned I've looked at the link a few times and I think I know why I wouldn't like one. It's the centre console for me, just very bland - no buttons, nothing that would light up during the night.
    I'm sorry OP if I'm wrong and there are some gadgets :) I've never been in one but there is something interesting about it, especially after I saw that Top Gear episode
    Plenty of power for my needs but don't get me wrong it's no evo killer!
    Bought as a family hack so that's not what it's for plus the daughter loves it so much she's hoovered it every day ( twice today ) wonder how long that will last? But she is fond of juice when pushing on. As for toys it has dual zone air con heated electric seats o and grand air mode plus all the usual refinements that we should no longer see as extras so really what other toys do you need?

A nice French waitress maybe :)

A nice French waitress maybe :)

O god with the little frilly black no.....
    It even has a little feature an old work mate called " climin seats " but a ridiculously large glass house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-607-diesel-auto/5882951

NCT Feb 14, 1200 Notes..
    Should this be in with the Luxobarges? I'd certainly drive it..

View2-24195558.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/?uid=585805

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I salute you. Your brother is right (bar the trouble hopefully)
    Well wear. Where else is that engine used do you know?

Well cool car.

That 607 is a steal if there's nothing wrong with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

unkel wrote: »
    That 607 is a steal if there's nothing wrong with it!

+1
    Steal. Nice color and alloys too.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-530d-touring-auto/5891137

View2-24239049.jpeg

530D touring.. high mileage but good history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

jharr100 wrote: »

Meh..... Exterior looks like a pimp mobile!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

NCT Feb 14, 1200 Notes..

View2-24195558.jpeg

Nice looking car. Luxobarge, perhaps if you are the French Ptrsident:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Me gusta :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Tints are hardly difficult to remove. The fronts would have to be removed to pass the next NCT anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Those 607s aee fantastic looking cars. I saw a mint black newish one recently, looked a million dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'm really not sure where to put this GTA.... too expensive for a bangernomic and not enough luxury for a luxobarge, but for the engine alone I thought it was best suited in here :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-alfa-romeo-156-gta-3-2-v6-taxed/5882186

He should have taken a pic of the engine and it is definitely not the only one in Ireland

She's been sold, to a chap who owns an RZ:cool:

Wonder which one will be the daily driver:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Full-24191680.jpeg
    Full-24191681.jpeg

Dem seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

NCT Feb 14, 1200 Notes..

View2-24195558.jpeg

indeed - if that's a maybe, this should be a shoe-in for this thread... http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-607-2-9-v6-auto/4039674

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Full-24191680.jpeg
    Full-24191681.jpeg

Dem seats.

Yeah but how do i find the Ad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

That's a beaut!

its sold now anyway.

I wonder is this the rz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I wonder is this the rz?
    Yes, it is.

I wonder is this the rz?

It is and my 156 is peeping out in the background!:)

You were at carnew that day so? I was kicking myself that I didn't get a photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Advertisement

Scortho wrote: »
    It is and my 156 is peeping out in the background!:)

You were at carnew that day so? I was kicking myself that I didn't get a photo.

I was on the way to Carlow for a family commitment and had only 10 mins to pop in and pay my lancia club membership, was surprised to see that there to say the least.

I was on the way to Carlow for a family commitment and had only 10 mins to pop in and pay my lancia club membership, was surprised to see that there to say the least.

Ah right. Yeah they're rear as feck. Surprised there was one in Ireland actually.
    There was a nice amount of lancias there that day, especially integrales.

What lancia do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

kaimera wrote: »

Of course the first one counts, surprised it is still there tbh
    As for the A8, <snip>
    I would be wary of the place it is for sale, after my previous dealings there (is that better :P )

Scortho wrote: »
    Ah right. Yeah they're rear as feck. Surprised there was one in Ireland actually.
    There was a nice amount of lancias there that day, especially integrales.

What lancia do you have?

Not finished yet, a bit of a labour of love.

I wonder if the owner of the GTA is on Alfaowner? :)

I wonder if the owner of the GTA is on Alfaowner? :)

I dont think he is. Well not an active poster or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

That's a beaut!

I test drove that car in Fermoy many years ago and it was bloody amazing.

I really wanted to buy it but they wouldn't give me decent cash for my trade in :(

I think that odonohues in enniscorthy had one of those for sale that had never been registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not finished yet, a bit of a labour of love.

More pics please :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Kaiser D wrote: »

Dem seats.
    De look, or de feel? Do dey has de lumbar support?

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement